Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-13-2010, 11:12 PM
Postmaster

Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Good finds in Nashville today.

I'm glad all you chapter members drive those high dollar dream rides; so us low life members can rob parts off dentside's and Slicks in Pull-a-part.
Today a buddy of mine & me; score on a big block 460 radiator; all engine brackets (a/c, Ps Alt ); bench seat; sun visors, all interior dash trim to include a nos dash pad; another 8 track radio (1976 model); and seat belts as well.
I consider it a good day. There also was a guy there pulling a Olds 455 motor from a 66 model cutlass I believe as well.

Even a decent Orphan swb was in the yard!!!!!!!

Mitch
57 F100 SWB 351C/FMX; (Big Window)
65 Flairside SWB "Wife truck" (300/AOD)
62 F100 SWB 302/C6 (orphan box) Old Skool build
Old 04-14-2010, 02:11 AM
Senior User

freekyFX4 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds like a great day!

2008 4x4 F250 FX4 Supercab 6.4L PSD
Toyo Open Country M/T 37x13.5x20 on stock rims - K5LA train horn - Warn HD winch bumper
Old 04-14-2010, 07:19 AM
Senior User

willy3486 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Customcab View Post
I'm glad all you chapter members drive those high dollar dream rides; so us low life members can rob parts off dentside's and Slicks in Pull-a-part.
Today a buddy of mine & me; score on a big block 460 radiator; all engine brackets (a/c, Ps Alt ); bench seat; sun visors, all interior dash trim to include a nos dash pad; another 8 track radio (1976 model); and seat belts as well.
I consider it a good day. There also was a guy there pulling a Olds 455 motor from a 66 model cutlass I believe as well.

Even a decent Orphan swb was in the yard!!!!!!!

Mitch
I just have to ask, whats the 8 track for?? The reason I ask is when I use to work on auto radios you couldn't give those away to be used. The odd thing for me years ago was that people wanted a am or am/fm over a really nice am/fm/8track . After cassettes came out there was excessive 8-track hate.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Elder User

Dads79 is starting off with a positive reputation.
The Nashville pick-a-part does have a few dentsides in it. I got a bag full of little pieces for my 79 all for $5.00 .

2002 F-250 Crew PSD 4x4
2008 Roush 427R Mustang
1996 F-150 SC 5.8 4x4
Old 04-14-2010, 06:09 PM
Postmaster

maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.
facebook.com/TheCrip Maples01
I could use parts for a 69-74 Econoline, or a 351W cheap, lookin to build one.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:59 PM
Postmaster

Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.Customcab has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maples01 View Post
I could use parts for a 69-74 Econoline, or a 351W cheap, lookin to build one.
Might have a engine for ya; will check with my buddy; his brother is big into
Cleveland; has acouple Windsor as well.

To us Pull-a-part is a great place to shop; in our town the folks think there scrap trucks are gold; verse prices down in Nashville.

As for the 8 track; I using/listening to one in my 65 F100; and will probably put this one in my Highboy. I got alot of 70's & 80's Rock as well as 60's country & 50's rock tapes. It just neat to see these young kids shake their heads in confusion on seeing a 8 track playing.

Mitch
Old 04-15-2010, 01:37 AM
Postmaster

maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.maples01 has a good reputation on FTE.
I'd really like a Cleveland, as that would be an odd mix in a van.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:11 AM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maples01 View Post
I'd really like a Cleveland, as that would be an odd mix in a van.
I'll see what I can do; will PM you if the news is good!

Mitch
Old 04-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Posting Guru

torkum is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Might have a engine for ya; will check with my buddy; his brother is big into
Cleveland; has acouple Windsor as well.

To us Pull-a-part is a great place to shop; in our town the folks think there scrap trucks are gold; verse prices down in Nashville.

As for the 8 track; I using/listening to one in my 65 F100; and will probably put this one in my Highboy. I got alot of 70's & 80's Rock as well as 60's country & 50's rock tapes. It just neat to see these young kids shake their heads in confusion on seeing a 8 track playing.

Mitch
You are becoming a "Golden Oldie" Mitch, enjoy those 8 tracks. Just remember to keep those heads clean or you'll have enough ribbon to wrap Christmas presents for the next 10 years.

www.TrueBlueTrucks.com
Old 04-15-2010, 09:22 PM
Senior User

willy3486 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:

Mitch
I know what you mean. I like the mellow sound of a good 8-track. Have you ever seen a record player for a auto? They were made a year or so in the 50s.didn't sell well due to skipping. Anyway I wanted to fix my 66 up like one would have been done in the late 60s. I used the original am and rebuilt it. I hooked up a fm converter so I could use a usb to fm adapter so I can play my mp3 files. . I have the output to a reverb unit that then goes to a old power booster. Its a wild sound. The beach boys song was written especially for a reverb unit. If you haven't heard the song on on a reverb radio you haven't heard it the way it was meant to be played. If the reverb unit is hit or bumped due to the road it sounds like a laser being fired from star wars. They got that sound from hitting a steel guy wire if I remember correctly, thats probably why it sounds similar.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:54 PM
Postmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by torkum View Post
You are becoming a "Golden Oldie" Mitch, enjoy those 8 tracks. Just remember to keep those heads clean or you'll have enough ribbon to wrap Christmas presents for the next 10 years.
Yea; Tim I lost my KISS Destroy tape; due to tape/ ribbon rupture!

*****; your to highspeed for me with the MP3 stuff. Would like to here the Beach boys on reverb.

Mitch
Old 04-15-2010, 10:57 PM
Postmaster

I have only CD's and MP3's on thumb drives now, use the thumb drives mostly, not loaded a CD in months, love hove one little device can hold hundreds of songs, one for country, another for rock.
Old 04-15-2010, 10:57 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter

Tags
adapter, cheap, fm, ford, nashville, truck, usb