1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

This just ain't right, posted on the HAMB

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 09:30 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
LOL....

I'll give the guy credit, it looks like some nice craftsmanship (just not my style). Look how smooth that body is. Check out how smooth the firewall is and how well the grill fits in there. I'd be interested to see how it looks with the hood closed.

again, to each his own....

Bobby

Old 04-13-2010, 09:38 PM
carnut122
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I find it to be quite amusing!

Old 04-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Hot Water 6
Freshman User
Could be worse. I went to a show two weekends ago. Spotted a 60 F100. I had hoped to pick the owner's brain since I am working on a '59. Come to find out, it had a Chrysler motor in it. I got sick to my stomach. He showed the truck with the hood down...I guess he was ashamed.

Old 04-13-2010, 10:43 PM
vintage56
Elder User
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
uhh...

ummm.....

I th....

wha' bu....

If ih....

yeah er, um......

hokay! WHEW. glad I got that off my chest.

JML

Old 04-13-2010, 10:49 PM
CharlieLed
Lead Driver
Received 467 Likes on 303 Posts
Originally Posted by edzakory
Consistency is the last refuge of the unimaginative.
Oscar Wilde
...that's one that I will have to remember!

Old 04-14-2010, 01:55 AM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Hmmm,

I guess we should have expected it... No, nothing is sacred anymore.

Well, at least it's not a rice burner with a flattie and an "Effie" grille - close, but not quite!

Maybe it will spin a cocoon this summer and in the fall emerge as a 53 Deluxe Cab!

Old 04-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Truxx1956
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I like it. I think its totally different and is way ahead of its time.

Old 04-14-2010, 07:57 AM
55 f350
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at first i thought i was looking at an english ford from a few years ago till my eyes wandered back a little and realized it was a bronco 2 . i'm weird so yep i'd own it and drive it , but don't like the colors . the flatty sure is a much better choice for wanting to be a lil' off center than the conventional 5.0 or sbc all the peeps seem to gravitate too . but a 53 grille cut up does make me wince .....................

Old 04-14-2010, 08:25 AM
bobj49f2
Hotshot
Received 2,059 Likes on 804 Posts
I know what happened, the ower's brother mounted the body of his Effie on a Bronco II chassis and the owner took what was left over make his truck.

Old 04-14-2010, 01:43 PM
banned
Junior User
When I joined the HAMB about 11 years ago, it was for traditional hot rods and customs.
Now anything goes including threads on dogs, 49 to 52 Dodges, International trucks and anything else you can dream up including those steam punk monstrosities called ratrods.
It hard to find a technical thread sometimes.

A kid called my stock 57 Chevy a ratrod. Things are getting awful messed up.

A funny thing on the HAMB is that you cant say anything political (unless you are KIRK!) and yet almost every thread includes political statements.
KIRK! posts frequently about legislation.

Old 04-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Stephen67
Postmaster
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Well seeing as this is a vintage forum that alone is going to cause some opinions about using old in new.

{Rant warning}

So here's my statement; why can't we just enjoy building? Why have lines between makes, models and years? Why is the only thing we're building boxes around ideas?

Obviously this isn't a mini-truck forum, nor is it a Bronco II or anything else, which means we've all chosen to build something we prefer over that, but does that make someone elses build less just because it's not ours? If we all shared the same dream we'd all have the exact same truck down to the wire.

I suppose it's a bit off topic, it's just I've found there seems to be a whole lot of voices out there (and I'm not picking on FTE by any means, I mean the whole of everything) that discourage doing anything unique. To mock someone's build is the same thing as someone who only drives brane new cars calling us all idiots and pollutants and yadda yadda for building something vintage. Yet everything done inside the box has never contributed to the world, ideas come from outside, a place unsafe and bombarded by ridicule. Those who reinvent the wheel are the ones pushing technology forward, not the ones not wanting to change anything about it. To take it literal, if it had never been changed how would the world be today if we had wheels that weighed several tons and where uneven slabs of rock? Or even an much more advanced version consisting of wood spokes? How fast can you go on wood spoke wheels? And how much would that lack of advancement with one idea effect the world? The modern world could not exist without someone putting rubber around a steel rim, think of how much will change when this advances again. Simply put how much did the computer change the face of the world? All it takes is one idea.

The guy did an amazing job, obviously none of us here would have built it, other wise we would be building it, but why must it become something destructive when we share the joy of building?

Yeah I know I went on a rant, it's been a button with me all my life. A coffee house becomes a place of war rather than joy when we argue over whats the best drink, why not just enjoy the experience? The world would be boring as all get out if we all agreed and wanted the exact same thing. If we all had the exact same tastes nothing would ever further, even the human race, cause wouldn't we all be going after literally the one person who held the ideal? One ideal in taste achieves nothing.

Different tastes keep the world from being bland.

{end rant}

The following users liked this post:
Old 04-14-2010, 05:28 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What a party pooper, we're human, we're designed to tear everything apart - we become fat and complacent in peace and lean and mean in war.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:07 PM
AXracer
Hotshot
Received 53 Likes on 34 Posts
WOW! WOW! One for the truck, and one for those being critical of it!!! After all the F in an F retoric around here, what now, it's got to be a F in a 19XX (put in your "only good one" year) F only...? I didn't realize just how narrow minded and bigoted this place has become.

Old 04-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Col Flashman
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Great craftsmanship!
But I totally dislike everything about it.
Can you imagine what this individual could of Really achieved IF they had really dug a tick deeper & really put that Imagination to some good use?

Old 04-14-2010, 06:16 PM
merc546
Posting Guru
It is a very well constructed ride. Seen it at Ididit's a couple of years ago. Oh by the way I think the instrument panel at that time was from a 60's era Galaxy may still be. Remember it's still all Ford (if that means anything (now watch someone prove me wrong)).

Chuck

Quick Reply: This just ain't right, posted on the HAMB