S. California Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

Welcome powerstoked! to the chapter

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 05:33 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Welcome powerstoked! to the chapter

Brian's from North San Diego county and has a '97 F250/w a 7.3.

Thanks for joining the group Brian....glad to have you!

Old 04-13-2010, 09:39 PM
8tsixt
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome!! Give us some details.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:55 PM
powerstoked!
Senior User
Hey guys, sorry I haven't posted back on this but for some reason I never saw the notice in my mailbox! haha. Anyhoo, I got out of the corps about a year ago, just after I bought my first PSD. It's a 97 4x4 cali-code ext. cab longbox. I did a diy tymar with the Baldwin filter (~ 1.3" longer), 3" dp, 4" straight pipe to a turndown at the back of the cab, and a dyno sources inc. single stage chip. Soon to add a 4 hole pillar pod and a crap load of isspro gauges. I like how the isspro's blend with the stock gauge look. Also im going to go to like a 285/75 set of rubber, and thinking about keeping the stock rims, but powder coating them semigloss black. Going to all led turnsignals, brake, and marker lights, HID headlight upgrade after I get the smoked headlight, corner marker, and signal light set. Got a long list of upgrades that are in the works, but trying to be responsible with the money part of it. OH! almost forgot, after quite a bit of poking around and researching, I'm going to a full bypass AMSOIL oil filter setup and switching to AMSOIL diesel oil. Also looking into a better external trans filter setup and will be going AMSOIL there too. I think that's about it, and about all the upgrades that are in the near future. Thanks for taking me into your chapter guys!

Old 05-13-2010, 11:06 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
I was beginning to wonder about you Brian

Thanks for posting up!

Old 05-13-2010, 11:15 PM
powerstoked!
Senior User
yeah sorry, I'm a tard. I'm on FTE almost everyday and I have missed this the whole time hahaha. So how exactly does this chapter thinggie work? What does it do? I was trying to like see if it was a forum where everyone from this chapter could post stuff to the other members, but im not seeing what exactly the chapter thing is all about?

Old 05-13-2010, 11:30 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
Well...first thing - You probably didn't see the visitor message I left you with a link to this thread if you don't click on your user cp over on the left of your screen....that's kind of like your "home base".
As far as the chapter thing goes, we try to get together in person a few times a year to grab a bite to eat or at a car/truck show or things like that. The chapter forum is wide open to post just about whatever you want (within site guidelines, of course)

In short, our chapter is really what we all make of it...anytime you have an idea for something just start a thread and we'll run with it.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:38 PM
powerstoked!
Senior User
well, unfortunately, I have to move back up to northern california here in about a week. Hopefully I'll be back down here in the future though, but I also still have some family and friends down here so.... I was just wondering about these chapters, if you can post to the chapter like a forum where all of the members see it? Like if I was looking for something locally, like a specialized shop or something, would I be able to post to the chapter members to find something that's close? or do I just post a normal post and hope somebody knows something in socal?

Old 05-13-2010, 11:43 PM
SteveBricks
FTE Legend
You can do that...there's a couple of people in SoCal that know something