Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-11-2010, 07:22 PM
New User

Texasgordo is starting off with a positive reputation.
Extended cab door won't open

I can't figure out the problem with my extended cab door. Driver's side doesn't open with either door handle. Anybody else have this problem?
Old 04-11-2010, 07:43 PM
Post Fiend

Smokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant futureSmokin' has a brilliant future
What do you mean by either handle? Far as I can recall, there is only one?

If you pull the handle and it feels loose and nothing happens, sounds like somethin came loose on the inside and you'll probably have to pull the door apart and take a look.
Lisa Not so Early '99 PSD long bed XLT supercab. 4" Pro Comp suspension lift, 315 BFG AT's on 17" Liquid Metal Gatlins, Casserly Stage 1 injectors, Terminator T-500 HPOP, BTS VB, Cale's tunes, 203* thermostat and billet housing, 6637 w/Pete's cover, CCV, Riffraff oil and fuel crossover, late turbo conversion - international bellowed up pipes, 4" turbo back exhaust, EBPV delete, Harley Davidson headlights, 08 mirrors. 200k club member.
Old 04-11-2010, 07:57 PM
Molon Labe

Franko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud of
sunstatefranko Baconator 2000
I think he means the inside handle and the one in the door jam.
one of the cable ends finally wore out. It happened to me. take apart the door Like Lisa said and sometimes if you pull the cable tight then pull the handle, it will open.
The are over $100 from the dealer. comes as a cable/latch assembly.
I still haven't replaced mine, the door rattles a bit, but it opens.

Early '99 F350 Lariat 2WD 7.3, BTS Trans w/ 6.0 cooler, BTS tunes, 6637 w/Riffraff cover, 4"MBRP, Isspro EV2 gauges, Ranch Hand, 2"leveling kit. HPx, FRx, Coolant Filter, Hutch,Harpoon, NVK5, Terminator-T500, Rosewood stage 1's, 120 IDM
Frank, PAA#99
B.E.S.T. map
Old 04-11-2010, 08:17 PM
Postmaster

mndiesel has a great reputation on FTE.mndiesel has a great reputation on FTE.mndiesel has a great reputation on FTE.mndiesel has a great reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko72 View Post
My passenger door is the same way..
07 VW Eos
SOLD, lol
http://www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org/
Old 04-11-2010, 09:02 PM
New User

Question

Quote:
I think he means the inside handle and the one in the door jam.
one of the cable ends finally wore out. It happened to me. take apart the door Like Lisa said and sometimes if you pull the cable tight then pull the handle, it will open.
The are over $100 from the dealer. comes as a cable/latch assembly.
How do you take the door apart?
Do you drill the rivets out of the handle on the door jam?
Old 04-11-2010, 09:09 PM
Molon Labe

Franko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud ofFranko72 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgordo View Post
How do you take the door apart?
Do you drill the rivets out of the handle on the door jam?
Let me go look, its been a while...
Ok, take out the two screws that hold the window latch and the top panel will pop off. Remove the two (or is it three? ) screws on the top lip of the lower panel. the rest is held on by clips, just pop off the lower panel and your in.
You can do all of this from the back seat with the rear door closed.

Early '99 F350 Lariat 2WD 7.3, BTS Trans w/ 6.0 cooler, BTS tunes, 6637 w/Riffraff cover, 4"MBRP, Isspro EV2 gauges, Ranch Hand, 2"leveling kit. HPx, FRx, Coolant Filter, Hutch,Harpoon, NVK5, Terminator-T500, Rosewood stage 1's, 120 IDM
Frank, PAA#99
B.E.S.T. map
Old 04-11-2010, 09:32 PM
New User

Thumbs up

Quote:
Let me go look, its been a while...
Ok, take out the two screws that hold the window latch and the top panel will pop off. Remove the two (or is it three? ) screws on the top lip of the lower panel. the rest is held on by clips, just pop off the lower panel and your in.
You can do all of this from the back seat with the rear door closed.
Thank you for the help! I was hoping it was easy like the front door panels.
Old 04-11-2010, 09:37 PM
Molon Labe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texasgordo View Post
Thank you for the help! I was hoping it was easy like the front door panels.
No prob Its not too bad, paying for the new cable is the worst part.

Frank, PAA#99
B.E.S.T. map
Old 04-11-2010, 09:37 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
cab, closed, door, extendcab, extended, f150, f250, f350, ford, jam, lariat, open, rear, stuck, wont