1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

My 1957

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2010, 06:22 AM
ricksta56
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beautiful work truck and survivor!! I read about your paint ideas, and along those lines, I wonder if it would be possible to give it a good washing and just clear coat it with a matte finish. Would that "preserve the great patina?" Also what motor came in the truck? And how about more pictures.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:23 AM
newblder
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great find!! Very cool truck.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:52 AM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 4tl8ford
Dave nomatter how many colors you paint that Horse - it still smells, eats, and walks like a horse.
Hey Dick,
You wouldn't be poking a stick at that horse would you???

I'm startin' to think Bill needs to get into some kind of intervention program. This is gettin' serious...

Old 04-12-2010, 09:29 AM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Dave....I actually sold 5 trucks in the last few months and I had a 55 dumptruck for 1 day. I was scared to bring it home.....like the 53 I sold you...LOL
I bought 2 1957 front-ends down south and a 1956 with a big window kit added,in pieces. Dad is mad I have parts in the tool-room and he threw all the parts outside . I am sure they won't get rusty in Florida. LOL
I will have the wife post 2 more pics tonight and a pic of my green 56 in Ohio.
They are in my gallery.
The green 56 runs and drives....just needs a few things and then I will be happy with it.
Dave...I like your avatar. I thought you were a 53 man!!? lol
The 57 really has nice patina but I love to paint and my family will think I am nuts if I don't paint it.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:03 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Dave...I like your avatar. I thought you were a 53 man!!? lol
I am Bill. I had Bobj make that up for me with Photoshop as a concept for the project. He found a picture of a %
'56 that he could work with so he used it. The only difference is the doors and I will probably be doing something different with the grille. I have that picture hanging in the shop as an inspiration. CLICK HERE to get the details on the project. Of course there are still changes being mads in the plan as I collect stuff for it.

Later Man...

Old 04-12-2010, 12:33 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow Bill, that is a GREAT TRUCK!

I'm in absolute shock with this thread though!

First you actually posted a picture (or did Terri do it for you)

And the Prodigal Dave Boley has posted again!!!!!!

WOW! LOL

Super nice Bill!

Old 04-12-2010, 01:46 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Julie.....no Terri posted it, but I keep running out of things to do for her to have her post my pics. LOL
I know....Boley is out of his hibernation from that long Marietta winter...LOL

The 57 is going to look the same as now...but with fresh urethane paint and new lettering. It is just such a time capsule.
Little kids(6 yrs old ...keep playing in and around it...so now I locked it up. This little brat has some developmental problem and is like psycho. He is facinated with the old truck and I am tired of taking him home. The Mom says she has been going crazy with him and school is not happy with him either. Man this kid is here all the darn time. I leave and come back and there he is.......police will be called next. Parents need to take responsibility.....what idf he gets hurt?
My parents would have tanned my ***.
Anyway.....the new lettering will be Walford's Truck Stop....OR SOMETHING IN THAT ORDER.

Old 04-12-2010, 04:59 PM
4tl8ford
Post Fiend
"Bill's Bait Shop and Sushi Bar"
"Where Todays Bait Is Tomarrows Plate."

Old 04-12-2010, 05:31 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Dick...not bad....except my wife is health DIRECTOR....LOL

Old 04-12-2010, 05:58 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1
Wow Bill, that is a GREAT TRUCK!

I'm in absolute shock with this thread though!

First you actually posted a picture (or did Terri do it for you)

And the Prodigal Dave Boley has posted again!!!!!!

WOW! LOL

Super nice Bill!
Reports of my death are greatly exaggerated and this revelation is somewhat disappointing to many...

Old 04-12-2010, 06:12 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by WALFORD'S 56
Julie.....no Terri posted it, but I keep running out of things to do for her to have her post my pics. LOL
I know....Boley is out of his hibernation from that long Marietta winter...LOL

The 57 is going to look the same as now...but with fresh urethane paint and new lettering. It is just such a time capsule.
Little kids(6 yrs old ...keep playing in and around it...so now I locked it up. This little brat has some developmental problem and is like psycho. He is facinated with the old truck and I am tired of taking him home. The Mom says she has been going crazy with him and school is not happy with him either. Man this kid is here all the darn time. I leave and come back and there he is.......police will be called next. Parents need to take responsibility.....what idf he gets hurt?
My parents would have tanned my ***.
Anyway.....the new lettering will be Walford's Truck Stop....OR SOMETHING IN THAT ORDER.
I'd do something about the kid. His parents are responsible for him (or is this one of those "I can't control the kids" 'single mom' issues). You know if he gets hurt at your house, his mom wil lbe the first to sue you and will end up owning your trucks.

Next time he's at your house unwelcome, I'd call the Sheriff or Child Protective Services to take him home and document that he is not being properly supervised and is a threat to himself!

Old 04-12-2010, 06:42 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Old 04-12-2010, 06:44 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Here is the 57 going 60 mph from Cleveland to the land of 56 Ford trucks....AND 53S AND 71S AND NOW 57S....LOL

The interior was really taken care of and everything works....even the original radio.
I drove the truck today,and it has alot of power and is a tight truck even though 53 yrs old.

Old 04-12-2010, 06:46 PM
WALFORD'S 56
Postmaster
Originally Posted by Julies Cool F1
I'd do something about the kid. His parents are responsible for him (or is this one of those "I can't control the kids" 'single mom' issues). You know if he gets hurt at your house, his mom wil lbe the first to sue you and will end up owning your trucks.

Next time he's at your house unwelcome, I'd call the Sheriff or Child Protective Services to take him home and document that he is not being properly supervised and is a threat to himself!

I have no time to put up with this kid and had to tell off his Mom a little while ago. Rugrats stay home....LOL

Old 04-12-2010, 08:18 PM
dave boley
Posting Guru
I know... Uncle Bills Day Care and Antique Truck center...

Quick Reply: My 1957