Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Projects Share with other members the details about your project truck or SUV. Old or new, gas or diesel, its all welcome here!

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2010, 10:12 PM
New User

rangerjames is starting off with a positive reputation.
92 old school conversion

thats right im a newbie just got a 92 ranger an hour ago and have already decided to convert it to a old school ride the front end of this truck was badly damaged in an accident so i want to replace it with a strait axel like the old 1930 cars used to have i also want to put the grill from a 32 roadster on the front of it. are there any problems i might run in to or reasons this wont work?
Old 04-08-2010, 08:57 AM
Elder User

COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.
My $0.02 worth is go to some car shows with a tape measure and politely ask someone who has the front end style you're looking for to measure the width of the nose where the grill, rad and fenders attach. I think you'll see your frame might be a bit wide ! Then you have to decide the amount of fabricating and narrowing you are both willing and capable of doing.

Good luck !

P.S. Steering would be taking you into an alternate universe.....
1950 Ford F-1 1953 Ford F-100
1951 Ford F-1 Panel
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1113584-51-panel-still-crazy-after-all-these-years.html
Old 04-08-2010, 08:01 PM
New User

rangerjames is starting off with a positive reputation.
i found a complete cab hood and fenders for a 34 ford truck they look like they will fit i will do some measuring tomorrow also took a closer look at the front end of my ranger its not as bad as i thought all i need to do to fix it is replace the spring mount on the passenger side. thanks complit1107
Old 04-09-2010, 08:16 AM
Elder User

COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.COMPLIT1107 has a very good reputation on FTE.
If you decide not to do it, post your find on the 47 and older forum, there are guys dying to get ahold of what you found. It may fund your repairs!
1950 Ford F-1 1953 Ford F-100
1951 Ford F-1 Panel
http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1113584-51-panel-still-crazy-after-all-these-years.html
Old 04-26-2010, 01:17 AM
Senior User

26Below is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any pics? Sounds cool
Old 04-26-2010, 01:17 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > Projects

Tags
2010, 92, conversion, conversions, end, ford, front, ranger, school, truck, trucks