The crossmember is removed but I was afraid to lower the trasmission. I didn't know how far I could go and didn't want to risk damage to the motor mounts without asking the best way to get those bolts out. Besides - this trick is not in the Ford manual . . .
So would this be the correct procedure (starting with all transmission-to-engine bolts installed:
1. Lower the rear end of the transmission and remove the upper bolts. How much can I lower it?
2. Raise the transmission and remove the remainder of the bolts.
3. Remove transmission and replace flex plate.
4. Install transmission - lower bolts.
5. Lower the rear end of the transmission and install/torque the upper bolts.
6. Torque the remaining lower bolts
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.