The crossmember is removed but I was afraid to lower the trasmission. I didn't know how far I could go and didn't want to risk damage to the motor mounts without asking the best way to get those bolts out. Besides - this trick is not in the Ford manual . . .
So would this be the correct procedure (starting with all transmission-to-engine bolts installed:
1. Lower the rear end of the transmission and remove the upper bolts. How much can I lower it?
2. Raise the transmission and remove the remainder of the bolts.
3. Remove transmission and replace flex plate.
4. Install transmission - lower bolts.
5. Lower the rear end of the transmission and install/torque the upper bolts.
6. Torque the remaining lower bolts
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.