Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Posting Guru

kupaa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
snap-on scanner

ok i got hold of a scanner for tomorrow what am i checking or which is important.
2002 SC SB 4X4,6637,STRAIGHT PIPE,COBALT GAUGES,ITP OBA,REGULATED RETURN,HPX,AIH DELETE,JOHN WOODS STREET PERFORMER TRANS,DP TUNER F6 LIVE TUNED BY JODY, GTP38R,CASSERLY 200CC 80% HYBRIDS,TERMINATED,20X10 XD,ATZ 35/12.50/20
468 HP 970 ft lbs
CHRIS
Old 04-04-2010, 12:39 AM
Posting Guru

Layson has a great reputation on FTE.Layson has a great reputation on FTE.Layson has a great reputation on FTE.Layson has a great reputation on FTE.
I don't know what you can look at on the snap on so I will throw a few things out there.

Injector Control Pressure, HPOP duty cycle, Engine Oil Temp, Injector Pulse Width...
Old 04-04-2010, 12:50 AM
Too old to be too smart

SpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputationSpringerPop has a superb reputation
The Snap-On with up-to-date software should be virtually the equivalent of a dealer's Ford scanner. Everything should be available if I'm not mistaken.

A buddy who is a quality independent-garage mechanic has one, and that's his claim.

Pop
Email SpringerPop SpringerPop's F-350
Old 04-04-2010, 12:22 PM
Senior User

takotruckin is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
From what I have seen with my Solus, I can get everything the NGS(factory ford) can EXCEPT for turbine shaft speed or input shaft speed for the trans.
Old 04-04-2010, 12:34 PM
Posting Guru

kupaa is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by takotruckin View Post
From what I have seen with my Solus, I can get everything the NGS(factory ford) can EXCEPT for turbine shaft speed or input shaft speed for the trans.
I think it's a modis scanner.Do you know how to select which pids to watch or do you have to watch it all?
2002 SC SB 4X4,6637,STRAIGHT PIPE,COBALT GAUGES,ITP OBA,REGULATED RETURN,HPX,AIH DELETE,JOHN WOODS STREET PERFORMER TRANS,DP TUNER F6 LIVE TUNED BY JODY, GTP38R,CASSERLY 200CC 80% HYBRIDS,TERMINATED,20X10 XD,ATZ 35/12.50/20
468 HP 970 ft lbs
CHRIS
Old 04-04-2010, 02:11 PM
Senior User

It depends what update it has in it. If it is before 9.4 you hit N from the pid screen and then there is a menu-select "custom datalist" or something like that.

If it has 9.4 in it from the pid screen go to the furthest right icon, hit Y and then select "custom datalist" and you can pick what pids you want it to show. To graph go to the left view icon and you can select from 1-4 screens.

I will admit the snap on scanners are a little hard to get used to, but once you have it down they are great.

If you get in a bind and need some help shoot me a PM and I'll give you my # to try and walk you through it.
Old 04-04-2010, 04:25 PM
New User

yam02mt is starting off with a positive reputation.
sorry to ho jack but does anybody know if the Snap on scanner will let you change the speedo for bigger tires?
Old 04-04-2010, 04:39 PM
Senior User

Not that I have found.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:44 PM
Posting Guru

bigsteve1969 has a good reputation on FTE.bigsteve1969 has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpringerPop View Post
The Snap-On with up-to-date software should be virtually the equivalent of a dealer's Ford scanner. Everything should be available if I'm not mistaken.

A buddy who is a quality independent-garage mechanic has one, and that's his claim.

Pop
a modis wont do as much as the IDS will. snap on has a good code reader for generic stuff but not specific stuff.
PAA #27
North Mississippi Regional Director

1999 F-250 Superduty 7.3 CC 4x4
Diablo Predator, Autometer gauges,4" turbo back,6637 filter w/ Pete's Cover, Foil Delete,HPX, Cobra 29 w/echo, super swing kit, and talk back,Sportsman Camo Covers. a new door piece... springfield arms 9mm
Old 04-04-2010, 07:44 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
codes, powerstroke, scanner, snapon