Kinda new to the site

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 10:25 PM
1966highboy
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kinda new to the site

just getting into FTE. thought I'd try and find more Econo Addicts. had a '63 P/U and it was totaled 3 years ago so been looking and just picked up another P/U. It is a '62 that is in need of more than TLC. I have a project in the garage for now but the Econo will be next. I will loaf around here for a while guys and chime in when I can. Glad to be here.... before and after bath....

Old 04-03-2010, 11:38 PM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It looks farely solid. I see some rust issues, but not in the bad spots. What color are you going ot do it in.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:56 PM
1966highboy
New User
Rust is not too bad. I have fixed a whole lot worse... Front of the truck is almost rust free and real solid. The rear needs alot of attention. Any hints on repairing the inside of the bed?? This will be my next project in the garage as soon as I get my '66 F-250 Highboy out. Most everything I paint ends up some kind of Orange. I am thinking Flat black with Orange accents and wheels with original centers and possibly lowered a little for the outside and I will finish the inside in all Orange. This will be my second Econo and I am looking forward to playing with it....
before............................................ ................................................af ter

This was my '63 that I drove every day. shoved everything up under my seat and even crinkled the passenger side behind the cab. On the good side, I escaped without a scratch...

Looking forward to talking with everyone on here about the old Econo's.... Anthony

Old 04-05-2010, 01:17 AM
66gpw
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man that is too bad. I got a white truck here for parts that was written off.
Were you able to keep the truck or did the insurance take it. It would of been nice to be able to buy it back just for the parts to assist fixing your replacement truck with.

Old 04-05-2010, 10:03 AM
JohnnyF350
Freshman User
You and the truck took a pretty good beating. Luckily you came out uninjured.

Good luck on your new project.