Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple more MAF questions. RJM harness

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 08:26 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Couple more MAF questions. RJM harness

Hey guys. i'm using the RJM harness to do my MAF swap. i have everything else done except i got a couple wires that i don't know what to do with. the RJM harness has a wire that is lable as PWR-->SPL. anyone know what this may be for?? i don't see it attached to any of the plugs, but it already has loom on the whole harness so i don't wanna pull it apart. everything is there for the injectors, HEGO, etc. is this for the MAF or something??

Also there were some other wires included with the harness, but are not attached to the harness. they are for VSS. do i need to hook these wires up or not? i read that some ppl have had problems with them dying when they drop to idle in a manual trans vehicle which is what i have so i'm wondering if i need to do something with them and what to do with them.

ON EDIT: i just found that my current harness DOES have a wire in the #9 pin of the EEC when everything i have read doesn't show them to have a wire there. i need the #9 pin for the MAF return.. I just found on FFI that this wire is probably for "Data Bus(-)". any ideas for this???

One more EDIT: I just found another issue. i have 2 wires labled as injector 1. one says pin 57 and the other says 58, but yet i'm showing that pin 57 on the stang and truck are both for Vehicle power(regulated to 10-14v). not sure what this is all about, but i got the rest of the wires in the EEC now, just not the pin #9 and the 2 injector 1 wires and the PWR SPL wire... any help is appreciated.

Old 04-03-2010, 06:15 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Nobody knows anything about this???? wish i knew what to do with that wire thats in my #9 pin slot. might have to call RJM about the 2 injector 1 wires, but hopefully someone here will know what needs to be done here...

Old 04-03-2010, 01:09 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
TTT???? bump

Old 04-04-2010, 01:43 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
try this one more time and if i get no responses then i guess i will have to try calling FFI again although they never answer their phone... this is annoying me b/c i have everything else for the wiring harness done now and i just need to figure this stuff out so i can put it all in the truck. So if anyone has any ideas pls let me know. thanks!!!!!

Old 04-04-2010, 10:09 AM
Conanski
FTE Legend
Received 951 Likes on 755 Posts
All this is covered in that nice color wiring diagram I sent you.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:06 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Conanski
All this is covered in that nice color wiring diagram I sent you.
it is??? dang it.. i will go check it out. didn't know that wiring diagram covered the wire i have in the #9 pin that shouldn't be there and the 2 injector 1 wires i have in the RJM harness. i will go look again though..

Old 04-04-2010, 02:28 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
ok i went back and looked. the stuff i have doesn't show anything about a wire in the #9 spot of the SD truck EEC except for this one on FFI shows it to be Data Bus(-).. Ford Fuel Injection

the stuff i have for the MAF stang doesn't show anything for a "Data Bus" anything.. so can i just pull both of the wires out of the EEC for the Data Bus??? or is there something i'm not seeing on the stang EEC that is for "Data Bus"??
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/...35cfb419_o.gif
Ford Fuel Injection Wiring Harnesses

this link must be for an 80's SD truck EEC b/c the 90-95 SD truck EEC has a wire in the #9 pin that slapped me in the face when i was trying to finish up. haha. http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4017/...d936b8da_o.jpg

Old 04-04-2010, 10:54 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
i'm going to try to call RJM injection on this tomorrow and pray they answer b/c i need to get this done and getting tired of looking at this huge plume of wires sitting on my shelf. haha. just sucks that it's 3 wires holding me up now. if not for those 3 wires the harness would be in the truck and i could start on getting the exhaust plumbed, the intake plumbed w/ a MAF meter, and get some other stuff done on it. right now i'm just trying not to get sidetracked from the harness b/c the harness is one of the things i'm most worried about. LOL.

Paul, should i just pull the wire out of the #9 slot that's currently there and put in the MAF rtn wire and just leave the other wire hanging? seems to be for Data Bus, but i have no clue what that means. and those 2 wires for the injector 1 thing is weird and i'm totally lost on why there would be 2 injector 1 wires....

Old 04-04-2010, 11:01 PM
RRranch
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What are you working on Travis? An F150? I did a MAF conversion on my 91 but I did it in like 95 I think with a Ford motorsport kit. Plug and play is the only way to go. I still got some left over parts around if you need them. The pants adapter and some other small parts if you need anything. Those were leftovers from another one I did.

Old 04-04-2010, 11:34 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by RRranch
What are you working on Travis? An F150? I did a MAF conversion on my 91 but I did it in like 95 I think with a Ford motorsport kit. Plug and play is the only way to go. I still got some left over parts around if you need them. The pants adapter and some other small parts if you need anything. Those were leftovers from another one I did.
yeah i'm working on my little F-150. i'm using an overlay harness that your supposed to plug the wires into the PCM connector and move some others around and call it done, but for some reason i have a wire in the slot that the MAF return needs to go into, but the other stuff i have read never said anything about this wire. i found that it may be for Data Bus(-), but i'm not sure what thats supposed to mean. Ford motorsport no longer sells that kit so i couldn't go that route. this is for a '92 which seems to be different than most others from before '92. Others apparently don't have a wire in this #9 slot. also the harness i bought has 2 wires for injector 1 and i'm not sure why... check out this thread to see the project-- https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ct-w-pics.html

Old 04-06-2010, 09:05 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Well i got it all figured out and finished the harness tonight. all i gotta do now is put this harness in the truck tomorrow and i will be ready to move on to other problems.. gotta find distributors now since this distributor hits the front of the lower intake and the driver side fuel rail... after i find a distributor that will work for me then i will have this truck on the run and everything from there on will be minor little things to take care of like the exhaust, accessories, fuel filter, change diff fluids, new fuel tank and fuel pump, new ball joints, new tie rod ends, new radius arm bushings and jack it up 4".