The Classy Classics-Which is already open, You can view it by clicking the link in my signature.
The Black Cloud Crowd- The Diesels
The Bustin' Broncos
And with that - entry threads are now going to begin popping open
These are the updated rules for all classes - for all to see ~
1) Contest open to all model and year Ford Trucks (includes vans, SUV's, All Wheel Drive, all levels of customization, etc) WITHIN THAT CLASS
2) Number of entries in each round limited to the first ten who enter a round. If after two weeks have passed there are less than ten but more than one entries, the entries for that round will close and the deciding poll will run anyway. If there is only one entry it wins by default and moves on to the CHAMPIONSHIP round. Contestants may only enter ONE TRUCK per round.
3) To enter - post a picture of your truck at least 700 by 600 pixels in size (no links to other sites. Picture must be displayed in thread) Avoid extremely large images, please. (1024 pixels largest side of image). Huge pictures may interfere with some connection speeds. ALL images will be tailored to size by committee to fit in poll thread. You may only enter ONE truck in each round
4) RULE OF OWNERSHIP: You must have owned the truck AT THE TIME YOUR PICTURE OF IT WAS TAKEN to enter it. You may not enter anyone elses truck FOR them. No exceptions
5) CHAMPIONSHIP RULES:
The first place finisher in each round qualifies and is entered in the CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND.
After ten regular rounds, the CHAMPIONSHIP consists of the first place finishers from the preceding ten rounds running in a "Best of the Best" contest.
6) VOTE MONGERING: You may enlist your buds and chapter, other groups or whatever to vote for your entry. HOWEVER - be warned that all of the polls are anonymous, and your buds can always vote for someone else. There is no way to know! SPAMMING the forums should not be done at any time for this purpose, be careful what you do...
7) Once a poll is up for a round, it will be active until the last day of the month. These polls close by themselves and whoever wins does. If for some reason there is a tie - a tie breaker poll will run until the following sunday night at the latest. Local midnight is based on Central Time in the USA.
8) NON-EXCLUSION: Employees of FTE and/or IBI welcome to enter including moderators or other unpaid affiliates as well as sponsors of the site
9) REPEAT ENTRIES: Out of sportsmanship, it is asked that if you want to enter a following contest, enter no more than two in a row. After waiting for one in between, you may enter again. THIS WILL NOT BE ENFORCED! It is a request, in order to give others a chance. ONCE YOU HAVE WON A ROUND (this is important) you may not enter another round that season with another truck - your winning truck is automatically entered in the finals, and no more than one entry in the finals by the same person is permitted.
10) PRIZES: 1st place winner in each round will receive a free one year paid membership to Club FTE, which provides access to extra features such as the Club FTE Members Only forum. Those who already are supporters will be given a twelve month extension to the membership they already have.
PS: "You're damn right we're doing it again!"
Here I'll simplify:
1. Post Pictures.(Bigger the better, Makes my job easier)
Multiple Pictures are best.
2. Post Specifications.
Anything else you want me to include.
3. Your In.
First 10 Trucks are in!
Let's show 'em how we roll!
1980 Ford Bronco Custom, full custom interior and kickin stereo.
74 T-Bird 460ci with mods approx 425hp
NP435 4-spd tranny
79 D60 rear full float axle
Hybrid 78-79 D44 solid axle 8-lug with coils and 1ton outers
Front suspension is a custom 10in SAS swap that I built myself, pushed ahead 1.5in
Rear suspension is a 3in leaf pack and 6in shackle flip, moved back 1.25in
Sorry the Bronco is a little dusty but, still looks nice hey!!
Thanks for the vote....cheers
About 8 months of work for me to rebuild this '78 Bronco I originally picked up for $700. I swapped in a 1991 Cummins 5.9L turbodiesel engine and a specially built C6 by Dynamic Racing Transmissions, along with a 1200 rpm stall speed billet torque converter. I installed a Denny T performance fuel pin, a 3200 governor spring, advanced the pump timing by 1/8 inch, and I adjusted the full power screw 5 turns. (after removing the safety collar) I upgraded the master cylinder, booster and rear wheel cylinders with new '78 F350 pieces, and I rebuilt everything else on the brakes, including new extended length urethane coated braided stainless hoses. The truck has a 6" Skyjacker suspension lift, including all new springs, (With seven leafs in the rear) a 3" body lift, and it sits on 35 inch tires. It has the original 3.50 gears and I have a new detroit locker for the 9" rear. I rebuilt the entire front end using premium parts and I upgraded the steering shaft joints with much larger and zerk fitted F800 pieces. I made the front driveshaft by cutting down and rewelding an old '83 Bronco front shaft I made the rear driveshaft from various other Ford scraps and I upgraded the double cardan and u-joints with larger 1330 pieces from a newer Bronco. The grill surround I found at a scrapyard for $20, and the grill center I bought used for another $20. The shifter is a floor mounted B&M Z-gate style with cable. I had to make the brackets and I welded up the trans cover holes and cut new ones, in order to fit the new setup. Overall, the drivetrain sits 4" further rearward than stock, which removes much of the nose weight and helps to balance the truck out. This is a total work in progress, and probably won't be "finished" any time soon.
The Cummins Bronco is averaging 20+ mpg, and is quite an animal to drive.
Don't even worry about it.
My phone has an instinct to always double post stuff, I posted some of these from my phone.
I use my phone as a modem, without it, none of this would be possible, as I don't have internet.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.