Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2010, 05:15 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
My 67 ShortBed Project

Eat your heart out CJ!

As some of ya know I decided to give my 67 shortbed to my wife. The only way I could do it was to pull out the 460/C6 that I installed about 5-6 years ago and install something a little "milder" ( the thing was scary fast for a brick...)

Sooo, I made a deal with Jeff (Oldbrokecowboy) for a 300 big six. This will be going in with a 3 speed manual trans/floor shift.

Because I can't leave well enough alone the Six will get a new 4bbl intake, a 600 Holley, and a set of headers.............

These are some pics of the truck.
Click the image to open in full size.

On my "hook" Ready to have the front end removed.

Front clip off and ready to pull the engine.

If it hadn't been drizzly and windy today I would have removed the engine/trans today. Worked on the boat instead............

Ready to pull the engine.

Oh well............Always tomorrow!

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 03-31-2010, 09:33 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
So what are the plans for the 460?.........Fairlane, Mustang?......boat?
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......492,000 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 03-31-2010, 10:49 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
The 460 with C-6 and Warn overdrive is going into the 73 4X4 Hiboy frame. Then the 53 Panel will get mounted to that chassis......

When I find the Fairlane I'm looking for I have a 427 Medium Riser police intercepter for it!

Old 06-02-2010, 07:28 PM

Time to bring this project back to the front burner! The 96 F-100 will be done tomorrow and the 300-6 will go on the stand and get stripped for all new gaskets and seals, then paint. Hope to get the engine installed next week!

Old 06-02-2010, 08:09 PM
Posting Guru

892504x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.892504x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.892504x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.892504x4 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Good Luck with it Don
The other is as if everything is. "
~ Albert Einstein~
Old 06-03-2010, 10:50 AM
Post Fiend

bertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to behold
Good luck with that truck Don, is the wife helping you with it? I'm still looking around Central Oregon for another Fairlane. The one I sent pictures on is still for sale, the guy still wanting way to much for it and the crew cab that I liked, to bad for him.
1980 Bronco with 460
1976 F250 4X4 Custom with 429
Oregon Chapter Member: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 06-03-2010, 10:59 AM

I made a deal with the wife 38 years ago. I don't cook or clean, and she don't mess with my fords!

Old 06-04-2010, 09:00 AM
Elder User

oldbrokecowboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
The luckiest man I know.
Old 06-07-2010, 12:08 PM
Post Fiend

bertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to beholdbertha66 is a splendid one to behold
My wife does like to come out and help with the cars and trucks, she maintains her own van, and I do get to cook once in awhile
1980 Bronco with 460
Old 06-07-2010, 02:15 PM
Senior User

StevenhF100 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bertha66 View Post
My wife does like to come out and help with the cars and trucks, she maintains her own van, and I do get to cook once in awhile
Mine too. She helped with getting the brake lights and horn working on Fleshy Truck last week and helped pull the 390 out of the 71 the week before. We're both getting a little older, so I try to get the son to help with the really heavy stuff. Yes, I cook once in a while and help with other chores. Works for us, it will be 30 years this Sept.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:06 AM
Postmaster

kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.kjvforme has a great reputation on FTE.
Looks like your projects are going well Don.

1962 Ford F100 flat bed 4x4, 223, 4spd.
1962 Ford F100 Unibody with Olds 330 & Jetaway
1944 Ford GPW (Jeep) with 1947-48 Willys L-134
To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 06-09-2010, 02:14 AM
Elder User

peruses is starting off with a positive reputation.
looks like fun

I always liked grandads truck with the 300 six and four speed

87 F250 diesel with 89 7.3 and banks turbo
and a few smaller diesel motors
Old 06-23-2010, 01:08 PM
Post Fiend

Don, did you reuse the same frame purches to mount the 6 that you had on the frame with the 460? I'm working on rebuilding the 460 in the grenn 76 f250 and the person who put the 460 in hacked up the frame purches, it was a 360 before, to mount the 460 and I need to replace them. What years of frames would have the right frame mounts? So I can find new ones. Or if did not use them on the 6, would like to get rid of them?
1980 Bronco with 460
Old 06-23-2010, 02:35 PM

The purches in the 67 we're made buy me, and are welded to the frame. Jeff brought the purches for the 300-6 when he brought the engine over. I'don't know if they are the same purches for the 460 and 360. I've got my 460 setting in the highboy frame and they won't line up with the 360 purches that were in the highboy.

If you can use 360/390 purches (NumberDummy would know...) just let me know and I can send ya a couple, I have lots...............

Old 07-08-2010, 05:59 PM

Many thanks to FTE member Jag Red 54! I just bought an Offenhauser 4bbl manifold for my 300-6 from him for $150, AND I bought a Holley 390cfm carb that's only 2 months old for $100 from Portland!

Engine should be painted and installed Saturday, and the fiberglass work should be done this weekend on the boat. GTG here we come!

I hope you guys like water sking as much as I like driving my boat............

Old 07-08-2010, 05:59 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter

Tags
429ci, 67, bed, ford, guy, short, shortbed, truck, working