Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Competition
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Competition Diesel racing, sleds, dynos, power tuning and max performance.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-28-2010, 09:40 PM
Post Fiend

150ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.150ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Is it just me

Who is already for the pulling season?
Old 03-30-2010, 07:55 AM
Posting Guru

patrickke is starting off with a positive reputation.
I second that
Old 03-30-2010, 09:56 PM
Junior User

Gus Erickson is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am more than ready. All the people who follow us around are ready. My trucks ready. But my motor isn't close. That's the problem with building a one of one brand of motor[IH]. No catalogs to order parts from. UGH. Working hinders quality time for my hobby. Lack of work hinders the quantity of dough for my hobby.
Old 03-30-2010, 10:46 PM
Post Fiend

150ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.150ford is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yeh I agree

This addiction is costly. More money is being throw at these trucks every year for more power. Gus what are you pulling. Good luck on the coming season
Old 03-31-2010, 09:25 AM
Junior User

I run a 1975 IH 200 pickup. I run a dana 44 in the front and a 14 bolt in the rear. When I bought it, it had a 427 tall deck in it. It ran really well. So well they threw us out for running a cheby. Make and manufacturer now have to be the same. For power now we run an IH MV446 motor out of a dump truck. The motor we ran last year was box stock. 235 horse, gobs of torque. It is only a 3600 rpm motor though. It'll top out at 4400rpms pulling the sled. 4600rpms flat out down the street. We were having a motor built last year to run up to 6000 rpms. Only to find out that the motor guy was building parts for me and selling them to others. He also sold some stuff off my motor.
I have a block done now, cut 40 over and will run 10 to 1 compression instead of 8to1. I need a cam made. Found a guy to make my cam and found another guy to do some head work. BBC valves and springs to let it breathe. An intake off a 460 lays out the same space wise but is 1 inch too narrow. So.. spacers will have to be made for this. Seems like alot of trouble to run an IH?? Just a hobby and a challenge. There are NO aftermarket parts made for these.
This will most likely become a long term project and I will try and get the 78 F250 on a 4X4 running gear. Horsepower will come much cheaper.
There are guys out here spending 6 to 8 grand on their "stock" truck engines. Word is there will be a 460 running over 600 horse this year. Some 454s are there now. Cast iron intakes. There are pics in my album.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:48 PM
Post Fiend

Sounds like a truck that will be competitive. Yup everybody likes to win so more power is the goal. I hope people dont forget that its about having fun too. Whats really interesting is the guy who only spends so much an beats the guys having lots more dollars in there motors. I have seen that happen a time or two. Getting traction to the ground is the key. Keep us posted on how it goes this season. Again good luck.
Old 04-01-2010, 10:45 PM
Junior User

We really only do this for fun too. I can't think of anywhere else I'd rather be than with my 17 year old son, on a track, with a truck, makin noise and dust.
Got a bit of a funny tale. The first time we hooked was at our local county fair. We didn't know what this thing would do. Lots of family and friends there, so I was real nervous. Just as I snugged up the chain the flag man poked his head in the window and said" Now Gus. No puking in the cab" I guess I was that pale. Took it out the end for a full pull along with nine others. Got 6th place overall. There was 28 in the class.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:06 PM
Modular motor junkie

bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.
I can't find a place to pull mine.

My IDI can't out pull anything.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:30 AM
Post Fiend

Every year in my state a county fair puts on a truck pull in early August. Its really something. About 90 to 100 trucks pull. Its like one giant party. People really have a good time. You see people you havent seen in awhile. Renew old friendships. Make new ones. Its a blast. Everybody is cheering each other on. Pulling creates a nice bond between everybody.
Old 04-12-2010, 07:38 PM
Posting Guru

06silvercrew has a very good reputation on FTE.06silvercrew has a very good reputation on FTE.06silvercrew has a very good reputation on FTE.
Im ready to go! First pull of the year is this saturday.

SOLD 2-28-11.....
'06 F250 CC/SB PSD. 2'' lift, Bilstein 5100's, Dual stabilizers, 20'' Harley wheels, 35-12.50 MT ATZ's, 08 Mirrors, ARP studs, EGR delete, 4'' MBRP, X3 with custom tunes, Full gauges, scangauge II, Coolant filter, Red top Optimas, DC 185a alt,
Old 04-17-2010, 09:19 PM
Posting Guru

06silvercrew has a very good reputation on FTE.06silvercrew has a very good reputation on FTE.06silvercrew has a very good reputation on FTE.
Made my first pull of the season tonight. Pulled 305.0' in the 8200# workstock diesel class, my best pull to date by 23.0' Got beat out by a cummins and duramax both hangin some serious weights out front (which I think ought to be oulawed in a WS class) Blew my boost gauge fitting out of my intake at just shy of ~39psi but other then that no breakage. Cant wait for May to do it all over again. Maybe by then I will be hangin some weights and make up a set of dead mans for the back and some new tuning.

SOLD 2-28-11.....
'06 F250 CC/SB PSD. 2'' lift, Bilstein 5100's, Dual stabilizers, 20'' Harley wheels, 35-12.50 MT ATZ's, 08 Mirrors, ARP studs, EGR delete, 4'' MBRP, X3 with custom tunes, Full gauges, scangauge II, Coolant filter, Red top Optimas, DC 185a alt,
Old 04-17-2010, 10:32 PM
Junior User

Good job on a great hook! Front weights of any sort are not allowed here. Your next pull is May? Once our season starts here, a guy can pull once or twice a week. I pull with Illini State pullers. Then there are brush pulls in there too. Again, good job and good luck.
Old 04-18-2010, 08:13 AM
Posting Guru

There are more pulls but I dont follow them all as I dont pull for points, I just pull at the two local tracks (one about 20 min away and other about 40 min away) for the fun of it. There are a couple of guys that pull in the WS class that IMO have no business pulling in this stock class and they are pretty much dedicated pull trucks that "barley" slide into the ws class. While the rest of us stock guys are usually pulling in the 280'ish range these two are taking them to 330' plus with a floating finish so the rest of us are sol. No sense in paying the points membershi fee as long as these guys are competing it would be a waste of money.

SOLD 2-28-11.....
Old 05-06-2010, 11:02 AM
Post Fiend

Brown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to allBrown Falcon is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by bill11012 View Post
I can't find a place to pull mine.
Send a PM to Rubberduck

he's pulling in Texas this year.
'95 F350 CC 4x4 Powerstroke - GONE but not forgotten
Old 05-06-2010, 01:04 PM
Modular motor junkie

bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.bill11012 has a great reputation on FTE.
I will do that. Thanks.

My IDI can't out pull anything.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:04 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > Competition

Tags
cam, engine, ihmv446, mv446, specs, v8