Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Modular V10 (6.8l)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Modular V10 (6.8l) SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-27-2010, 04:58 AM
New User

crankoldman is starting off with a positive reputation.
Unhappy failed nj emissions test

I have a 2004 v10,i went for my inspection and they told me i failed the idle test.I went to an indepent nj inspection station after that and he told me it was most likely the banks chip i installed in the truck about 4 years ago.I have the complete banks system from a to z,which is rated 50 state legel.Can any one help with this problem, can i send the chip back and have it checked?
Old 03-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Elder User

Antelope V-10 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Just looking for some more info. Why didn't it pass? Tail pipe emissions to high? Tech saw the Banks chip and failed it?
'03, V-10, Auto, XLT, CC, SWB, 4x4, 4.30's Truetrac, Doug Thorley Headers, Rancho 2.5" Leveling Kit, F-350 4" Blocks, Rancho 9000XL Shocks, Fabtech Adjustable Trac Bar, Avon SXT All Terain 285's, Banks Intake, Magnaflow Catback 15869, '08 Rear Diff Cover, 5Star 87 Perf. Tune
Old 03-28-2010, 03:01 AM
New User

tail pipe emissions,idle test.
Old 03-28-2010, 10:55 AM
Elder User

OK. Have you had any CEL or codes recently? Done any tune up work? IE clean MAF, replace air fliter, plugs and boots?
'03, V-10, Auto, XLT, CC, SWB, 4x4, 4.30's Truetrac, Doug Thorley Headers, Rancho 2.5" Leveling Kit, F-350 4" Blocks, Rancho 9000XL Shocks, Fabtech Adjustable Trac Bar, Avon SXT All Terain 285's, Banks Intake, Magnaflow Catback 15869, '08 Rear Diff Cover, 5Star 87 Perf. Tune
Old 03-29-2010, 02:59 AM
New User

no.truck only has 43,000 miles only work done was banks system. truck is not used for city driving ,only used to tow travel trailer.
Old 03-29-2010, 10:06 AM
Elder User

I would clean the MAF, then take the Banks chip off and see if it will pass. I'm not sure how you would do that. If you have your install instructions it should say. If I remember right the Banks is an add-on type chip. If it does pass, then contact Banks to see what they say.
Old 03-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Super Moderator

Krewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputationKrewat has a superb reputation
You have to find out WHY it failed the idle test. It will have both HC and CO values. If you have them, post them, AND the limits.
'97 Cougar XR7 30th Anniv Edition 4.6L
'74 F250 Highboy FE390 deceased!
I've been wrong before, I'll be wrong again. Just wait and see. ®
Old 03-29-2010, 01:18 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > Modular V10 (6.8l)

Tags
1996, 50, emission, emissions, f150, failed, ford, hc, high, idle, jersey, nj, ranger, test, testing