Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-13-2010, 02:26 PM
Senior User

hkaiser83 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hkaiser83 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I just did this conversion myself and I found a very easy work around for the defroster switch. My Excursion doesn't have a backup sensor and the backup sensor harness and defroster switc harness are almost completely identical. I made a very minor modification to the plug itself and plugged it right in. Works like a charm.
Mods : Full EGR delete from First Coast Diesel Performance, Swamp's Diesel 58V HOT FICM with PHP tune, Magnaflow 4" turbo back, XCAL 3 tune from Powerstroke Magic., F250 Harley Edition interior, 8" Skyjacker Lift, 16.5x12 Weld Mountain Crushers, 39.5x15x16.5 Super Swamper TSL's, and a big Ranch Hand bumper!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Elder User

RMBC Freeride has a good reputation on FTE.RMBC Freeride has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hkaiser83 View Post
I just did this conversion myself and I found a very easy work around for the defroster switch. My Excursion doesn't have a backup sensor and the backup sensor harness and defroster switc harness are almost completely identical. I made a very minor modification to the plug itself and plugged it right in. Works like a charm.
Nice! Please share your pictures of the conversion.

I appreciate the tip on the Backup sensor switch, but it doesnt help my rig... I have both defrost and parking assist (sensors).
2002 Excursion LTD-Ultimate 4WD 7.3 PSD (major project, here): 35" Dura-Grapplers, Regeared to 4.10's, V-codes+2.5" leveling kit front, C-code+extra leaf rear, 4" Magnaflow turbo-back, EBPV delete, 1.0AR Exh. Housing, Bellowed up-pipes, DIY 6637+Petes cover, Wicked Wheel, Banks 6.0 Intercooler, 6.0 Trans Cooler, RiffRaff HPx, AIH & FRx, PHP Tunes, T500 HPOP
Old 07-13-2010, 07:37 PM
Senior User

hkaiser83 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.hkaiser83 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMBC Freeride View Post
Nice! Please share your pictures of the conversion.

I appreciate the tip on the Backup sensor switch, but it doesnt help my rig... I have both defrost and parking assist (sensors).
Haha...now that IS a problem.

I'll take some pictures as soon as I figure out a solution for the stereo mounting situation!
Mods : Full EGR delete from First Coast Diesel Performance, Swamp's Diesel 58V HOT FICM with PHP tune, Magnaflow 4" turbo back, XCAL 3 tune from Powerstroke Magic., F250 Harley Edition interior, 8" Skyjacker Lift, 16.5x12 Weld Mountain Crushers, 39.5x15x16.5 Super Swamper TSL's, and a big Ranch Hand bumper!
Old 07-13-2010, 09:55 PM
Senior User

EXCURSIONATOR1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Did you change your steering wheel? I need to convert mine. It looks horible at 75k
Old 12-29-2013, 11:04 PM
Elder User

RMBC Freeride has a good reputation on FTE.RMBC Freeride has a good reputation on FTE.
Finally got a rear defrost switch in place that fits in my 05-07 superduty dash:

And also fitted a USB/AUX hub next to my 12V "Power Point"

Unfortunately, my rear defrost and mirrors STILL DON'T WORK! Grrrr! Looking for help here: http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/10...2005-eatc.html
Click the image to open in full size. Click the image to open in full size.
2002 Excursion LTD-Ultimate 4WD 7.3 PSD (major project, here): 35" Dura-Grapplers, Regeared to 4.10's, V-codes+2.5" leveling kit front, C-code+extra leaf rear, 4" Magnaflow turbo-back, EBPV delete, 1.0AR Exh. Housing, Bellowed up-pipes, DIY 6637+Petes cover, Wicked Wheel, Banks 6.0 Intercooler, 6.0 Trans Cooler, RiffRaff HPx, AIH & FRx, PHP Tunes, T500 HPOP
Old 12-30-2013, 02:46 AM
Posting Guru

fordboy2 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Very nice work been thinking of doing this on my wifes. Gonna be adding power pedals to it soon maybe I will just do it all at once.

99 f350 CCLB lariat 6.8 4wd No Cat Flow Master Muffler.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:14 PM
New User

Ladsonselph is starting off with a positive reputation.
So about your headlight switch. I just purchased an 06 king ranch bezel for my 2002 f250 but the headlight plugs are totally different. What do you suggest? And my aftermarket radio isn't large enough for the hole that is provided with the new bezel. What mounting hardware did you buy to go around the radio?
Old 03-13-2014, 09:45 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladsonselph View Post
So about your headlight switch. I just purchased an 06 king ranch bezel for my 2002 f250 but the headlight plugs are totally different. What do you suggest? And my aftermarket radio isn't large enough for the hole that is provided with the new bezel. What mounting hardware did you buy to go around the radio?
As I recall, the '05 bezel I used plugged right in to my harness. Maybe they changed it in '06. Any chance of using your existing switch and mounting it in place of the '06 switch on that little black panel?

I had to buy a '05-'07 double DIN stereo mounting kit from a stereo shop. Also used parts from a 99'-04' stereo mounting kit too. It was not a plug and play install for sure!
Old 03-13-2014, 06:42 PM
New User

Ladsonselph is starting off with a positive reputation.
I noticed lastnight it's quite a challenge! I just absolutely can't figure this switch out. My f250 has two identical sized square plugs for the headlight switch whereas the 2006 switch has a slim rectangle plug for the dimmer and a thick rectangle plug for the headlamps.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:42 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs

Tags
07, 2002, 2005, console, excursion, excusion, ford, grain, kit, lariat, navigator, rear, wheels, wood, woodgrain