Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Excursion - King of SUVs
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Excursion - King of SUVs 2000 - 2005 Ford Excursion

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-29-2010, 08:45 AM
Senior User

hwybee22 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Yes thanks. I'd love to see the deathstar up close to see all of the hard work that you've put into it. What happened to it for you to rebuild it from the ground up?
Toyo Open Country 37X13.5X20 on Moto Metal with 8" ProComp Lift, Fox Racing Shox/ Stabilizer, MBRP Exhaust w/ 6in Tip, AFE bladerunner & Cold intake stage 2, SCT X3 Tuner, Powerslots, Hawk pads, Weather Tech air deflectors, Buffalo Nerf Bars. Alpine headunit and JL speakers. Dieselsite coolant filter and ARPs waiting to go in!
Old 03-29-2010, 09:14 AM
Posting Guru

tdappleman is a name known to alltdappleman is a name known to alltdappleman is a name known to alltdappleman is a name known to alltdappleman is a name known to alltdappleman is a name known to all
Dash looks great! You have any pictures of how the lower dash went together?
ASE Certified Technician www.coastalfastlube.com
Old 03-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Elder User

RMBC Freeride has a good reputation on FTE.RMBC Freeride has a good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hwybee22 View Post
Yes thanks. I'd love to see the deathstar up close to see all of the hard work that you've put into it. What happened to it for you to rebuild it from the ground up?
Actually I bought 2 wrecked X's and made one good one out of it. Why, you may ask? Money... i couldn't afford to buy one outright at the time so I got these on the cheap and made one good one! Plus I have the satisfaction of knowing I did everything on it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdappleman View Post
Dash looks great! You have any pictures of how the lower dash went together?
I don't but strokersace has the pics in his gallery - that's where I got the idea. Here: 2002 Ford F350 4x4 - Upfitter Install

Mine installed about the same, but with the glovebox you have to trim in a couple different spots (alongside where it closes)
2002 Excursion LTD-Ultimate 4WD 7.3 PSD (major project, here): 35" Dura-Grapplers, Regeared to 4.10's, V-codes+2.5" leveling kit front, C-code+extra leaf rear, 4" Magnaflow turbo-back, EBPV delete, 1.0AR Exh. Housing, Bellowed up-pipes, DIY 6637+Petes cover, Wicked Wheel, Banks 6.0 Intercooler, 6.0 Trans Cooler, RiffRaff HPx, AIH & FRx, PHP Tunes, T500 HPOP
Old 03-29-2010, 09:04 PM
Junior User

Ted Bell is starting off with a positive reputation.
Looks good! I noticed the aftermarket electronic gadget on the top left corner of the dash. I really like that mount, and the way it really fits in with the dash - can you tell me what it is and where to get it? I have a satellite radio receiver that I would like to mount like that.

Thanks,
Ted
Old 03-29-2010, 11:39 PM
Elder User

RMBC Freeride has a good reputation on FTE.RMBC Freeride has a good reputation on FTE.
Thats a mounting pod for the EDGE Evolution tuner that is mounted in it. It is sold by Edge Products. here you go: Edge Products: Categories
2002 Excursion LTD-Ultimate 4WD 7.3 PSD (major project, here): 35" Dura-Grapplers, Regeared to 4.10's, V-codes+2.5" leveling kit front, C-code+extra leaf rear, 4" Magnaflow turbo-back, EBPV delete, 1.0AR Exh. Housing, Bellowed up-pipes, DIY 6637+Petes cover, Wicked Wheel, Banks 6.0 Intercooler, 6.0 Trans Cooler, RiffRaff HPx, AIH & FRx, PHP Tunes, T500 HPOP
Old 03-30-2010, 07:08 AM
Elder User

katiesdad7 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I like the steering wheel. Maybe someday. :-)

Who said size doesn't matter?
Old 03-30-2010, 08:05 AM
Senior User

FallstonYJ is starting off with a positive reputation.
NICE JOB! You must have a lot of patience!!

I bought a steering wheel w/audio controls for my 2003 a while back. Haven't had the time to fool with it but I was wondering if you know whether the proper wiring is there to support the controls even though the original wheel does not have them?

Again; great job on the install!!
Old 03-30-2010, 09:54 AM
Senior User

cdnalpina is starting off with a positive reputation.
Bravo - your Ex looks amazing! Kudos for going at it 100% and doing all the cutting you were doing, as it is a one way street after that.

Quesiton - what is the module you have next to your A-Pillar?

Cheers,
Benz: S600 Lorinser, 600sel AMG, 600sel
Alpinas: B10 Biturbo, B12 5.0, B10 3.5
VW: Jetta TDI
Old 03-30-2010, 11:01 AM
Elder User

Quote:
Originally Posted by FallstonYJ View Post
NICE JOB! You must have a lot of patience!!

I bought a steering wheel w/audio controls for my 2003 a while back. Haven't had the time to fool with it but I was wondering if you know whether the proper wiring is there to support the controls even though the original wheel does not have them?

Again; great job on the install!!
I'm not sure on that one. I believe other members on this forum have installed one and had the audio controls work. My truck already had steering wheel controls so mine is not a good example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdnalpina View Post
Bravo - your Ex looks amazing! Kudos for going at it 100% and doing all the cutting you were doing, as it is a one way street after that.

Quesiton - what is the module you have next to your A-Pillar?

Cheers,
Look up about 4 posts... ^^^^ Edge evolution Programmer/monitor

thanks all...
Old 03-30-2010, 12:44 PM
Senior User

cdnalpina is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry - still need more caffeine in the system today. Thanks!
Benz: S600 Lorinser, 600sel AMG, 600sel
Alpinas: B10 Biturbo, B12 5.0, B10 3.5
VW: Jetta TDI
Old 04-27-2010, 10:36 AM
Elder User

Update - here are some pics of the cutting I had to do behind the dash. had to pull the shroud off this weekend to do some wiring so I thought I'd take the pics that I forgot last time. You can see my creative stereo mounting brackets and one vent had to clipped to clear the original outlet. the other two seem to line up fine.

Also installed the '03+ grab handle on the driver's A-pillar while it was apart.

Click the image to open in full size.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:51 AM
Posting Guru

JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.
Very nice, I'm jealous. Do you have a parts list that you used? I read through but may have missed it, do your steering wheel audio controls work with the nav system?

Old 04-27-2010, 11:06 AM
Elder User

Thanks for the compliment!
No I don't have a parts list. Are you looking for the OEM parts or the stereo/Nav stuff I used (or both)? I'll try to get a list together, good idea for those interested...

And yes, my wheel controls work with the Alpine unit. But I had to buy and install an adapter module and program it to make the buttons work. it was pretty easy really.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:30 AM
Posting Guru

JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.JaySVX has a great reputation on FTE.
The whole list if you can. Some of us are not creative, and can only imitate others, rather than invent our own. If I have a pile of parts and know it can go together, I can get it together. However I have a difficult time creating something from nothing, which is what you did, and a really desirable skill.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 PM
Posting Guru

aortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputationaortizexcursion has a superb reputation
Very nice...all of it. I've always wondered how this would look in an Excursion and now I know.

2000 Excursion 5.4 4X2
Old 04-28-2010, 10:50 PM