Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-26-2010, 05:03 PM
Elder User

dixiemudder04 is starting off with a positive reputation.
need help figuring out what this is

I have a 06 f150 xl. It has aftermarket power windows/ locks. I was under the dash and came across this.....

Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

The pic on the left is a close up of the part in question. The pic on the right is the power windows and doorlocks and the part in question. There is also and toggle switch with grey/white and grey wires coming out it.
2006 Ford F150 Ext cab, long bed, 4x4, 4.10 w/ limited slip, 5.4L triton, K&N CAI, Preditor Programmer, 2.5" AS leveling kit, 1 chamber mufflers with 45* 4" tips out to the side, 17x8 eagle alloy 058, 20% tint, 305/70/17 nitto a/t's
Old 03-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Senior User

fordsd350 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Any chance that it's an aftermarket security system with the toggle switch disabling the starting system? The red LED taped to the "box" looks like it would be a dash mounted light indicating the acitivation of the alarm system. But that's just a wild guess.

Have you repositioned the toggle to see what it does to your truck's operation?
Old 03-27-2010, 05:25 PM
Elder User

the switch does not mess with the way the truck runs. I can start it and ride down the road, turn it on and off and nothing happens that im aware of
2006 Ford F150 Ext cab, long bed, 4x4, 4.10 w/ limited slip, 5.4L triton, K&N CAI, Preditor Programmer, 2.5" AS leveling kit, 1 chamber mufflers with 45* 4" tips out to the side, 17x8 eagle alloy 058, 20% tint, 305/70/17 nitto a/t's
Old 03-28-2010, 01:17 PM
Post Fiend

ReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to behold
Two fuses and an LED sure looks like an alarm system. The toggle may be the valet switch, or possibly a disable of some kind.

</td><td> Look, see these two tow hooks? They look like tusks. And what kind of animal has tusks?</td></tr></table>
Old 03-28-2010, 01:18 PM
Elder User

Marine5811 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
My wife's 4Runner has a box kind of like that. It receives the signal from her key fob for unlocking and locking the doors. It sits under our front passenger seat.
Old 03-30-2010, 05:19 AM
Elder User

if it's a keyless entry, how in the world would i find out what brand it is so i could get a remote?
Old 03-30-2010, 02:10 PM
Elder User

Marine5811 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sheesh. I'm not sure. I'm sure you've looked all over the thing, so looking on the box itself for a brand name would proabably be a stupid suggestion. It's hard to say because my stupid internet browser won't bring up the pictures you posted of it. I hate to suggest a dealership for anything, but maybe they'll have an idea. Used car dealerships probably run into aftermarket gear all the time. I wish I could be more help but I just don't know.
Old 03-30-2010, 03:49 PM
Post Fiend

ReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to beholdReAX is a splendid one to behold
The good news is there are only a handful of manufactures, just every manuf has hand fulls of names. Can you take a good picture of the bar code label. There may be a part number or a bit of information someone recognizes If all else fails, start with calling Directed (DEI), give them the numbers on it and see if can provide you with any info.

</td><td> Look, see these two tow hooks? They look like tusks. And what kind of animal has tusks?</td></tr></table>
Old 03-30-2010, 04:39 PM
Elder User

After doing some fcc id searching. It is a audiovox model alk10 keyless entry. So now i have to figure out where to get remotes and make sure everything is hooked up right because there is a red and black while that has come loose from somewhere

Here is another picture of it, the white plug is 2 different ones
Click the image to open in full size.
Old 10-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Senior User

macattack is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sometimes on those kits you don't use all of the wires, so they may just not be needed. I will talk to my buddy that puts that kind of stuff in for a living to see if he knows where to get a replacement remote
Old 10-30-2010, 10:01 AM
Senior User

macattack is starting off with a positive reputation.
he told me most of the basic audiovox remotes should work but you will hace to take it to a shop to have it programed.
Old 10-30-2010, 10:01 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Aftermarket Products

Tags
alk10, audiovox