Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-24-2010, 09:03 PM
Freshman User

Awmjr05 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Removing the Catalatic converter on my 2006 6.0 Liter

What results will i get from taking the catalatic converter out of a stock exhaust on my 2006 6.0 liter.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Post Fiend

gearloose1 has a good reputation on FTE.gearloose1 has a good reputation on FTE.gearloose1 has a good reputation on FTE.
If you have smog inspections, lots of trouble.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:19 PM
Freshman User

Not in Florida
Old 03-24-2010, 09:26 PM
Junior User

JBARRBQS is starting off with a positive reputation.
removed my kitty and man its awesome sounds like a jet enging driving down the road
Old 03-24-2010, 09:28 PM
Junior User

JBARRBQS is starting off with a positive reputation.
i also have a 4 inch down tube silverline exhaust with a 16 inch long 6 inch tip yep sounds great.
Old 03-25-2010, 05:43 AM
Senior User

cmcowboy is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I have a stock exhaust, and purchased a cat delete pipe. I do not know for sure if it helped anything. But when you take the cat off and try to look trough it and you cannot see any daylight, well it has to help some how??? Muffler delete is next

Casey,2006 F-250 4x4
4" Fabtech lift, Cat Delete Pipe, Recon "Xtreme" Tailgate Light Bar, Randy Ellis Design Light Bar, 4 KC Lights, Firestone Ride Rite Airbags, FICM 58v,
325/65 R 18 Toyo's, ITS NOT WANTING WHAT YOU DONT HAVE, BUT WANTING WHAT YOU GOT!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Senior User

desertt5 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sell it to someone in Kalifornia. I bet alot of people over there could use one about registration time this year.
00 F150 5.4
Semper Fi
Old 03-25-2010, 07:12 AM
Admin Emeritus

SteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputationSteveBricks has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awmjr05 View Post
Not in Florida
Not yet. Better hang on to it if you do take it off.
Join our Chapter *HERE*
9/21/54 - 9/25/09
Old 03-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Freshman User

sweeted is starting off with a positive reputation.
I first installed a muffler delete pipe and noticed a deeper throated big block sound from about 2300 rpm and up.I then deleted the kitty and could then hear a little more of the turbo whistle.Out side of the truck it sounds a little like an F-16.Inside the truck you can hardly tell the difference. I will hang on to the cat and the muffler so if I care to sell the truck later on. I don't live in the middle of nowhere Idaho but I can see it from here. And for the most part this state could give a rats fanny less about the feds.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Posting Guru

LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.LaxPlaya21 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Everytime I read posts about the 6.0 exhaust turbo whistle it makes me miss my 2006. I had a MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust with CAT delete. That thing whislted like a 747 preparing for take off... and once you stomped on it sounded like a big block from hell! In my opinion, its the best sounding exhaust noise of any car/truck I have ever heard. I have tried with the 6.4 to replicate the sound... but it just doesn't come close. I have a AFE intake, 4" ceramic down pipe, stock exhaust with cat/dpf delete. It makes some noise, but no real whistle. When I stomp on it that big block noise comes out a little bit.
Old 03-25-2010, 02:54 PM
Elder User

rocky1074 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.rocky1074 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I removed my cat about 3 months ago with a cat delete pipe. You can definitely hear the turbo whistle. I did keep my cat you never know even here in Fl. So if you remove it KEEP IT!!! (Just put the cat to sleep in your garage)

03-07+ Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel Cat Delete Pipe
2007 Harley Ultra Classic Electra Glide

Old 03-25-2010, 04:31 PM
Freshman User

I wonder if it will help on fuel milage
Old 03-25-2010, 04:47 PM
Freshman User

sweeted is starting off with a positive reputation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awmjr05 View Post
I wonder if it will help on fuel milage
not until you get tired of hearing that sweet sound.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:50 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
It will NOT increase your fuel mileage! If anything, it will DECREASE it....... WHY???? YOU ASK???? Because you will keep your right foot firmly planted to the floor so you can listen to it. You will also wear out your right hand rear window motor running it down so you can listen to it reverberating off the sound barriers!!!!! LOL

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 03-25-2010, 06:52 PM
New User

mikeast is starting off with a positive reputation.
cat was 90 percent plugged

After reading a thread on this i took it in too buddys shop got him too punch it out , he said it was 90 percent plugged , turbo sounds cooler now better midrange power better highway millage , gonna add banks turboback soon too " waunder how many of these things are plugged without us even knowing lol
Old 03-25-2010, 06:52 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
2005, 60, cat, catalatic, converter, converters, delete, diesel, e350, f150, ford, removing, romoving, tube, turbo