Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Mod day with Payson PSD (Robin)

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 12:12 PM
flatbeder
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mod day with Payson PSD (Robin)

This past Sunday I made the drive from Phoenix,AZ to Payson,AZ to Robins house to work on my truck. We started with a health check with his AE, and after a couple of passes took her back to the barn to begin the teardown...

We pulled off the IC pipes cleaned them up and de-foiled the drivers side pipe. Which was a cmplete nightmare. Checked the turbo wheel for play, Installed the HPX hard line, the AIH delete, CCCV mod. We were unable to to get the canister installed do to we were lossing sunlight. Maybe next trip?

We took quite a few pics...PLEASE bare with me! I'm trying to figure out how to post them or set up a photobucket. So don't flame me to much. Robin deserves a lot of credit for take time to help me and answering every question I had.

Old 03-24-2010, 01:07 PM
miller_feed
Hook it, I'll pull it.

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good job on the GTG. Way to go Robin. It is alway fun to GTG with other FTE guys and do work on a truck.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:20 PM
flatbeder
Posting Guru
I had a blast! I learned a whole lot and learned even more about my truck since I got my hands dirty...

Old 03-24-2010, 03:06 PM
Quick444
Fleet Mechanic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Let us know if you need help with photobucket. That is what I use to post all my pics up.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:29 PM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad you had a great day with Robin! He's a hell of a guy!

Can't wait to see the pictures!

Old 03-24-2010, 03:39 PM
flatbeder
Posting Guru
I will get pics up later I gotta hit the road for now. My question now is do I start a new thread with pics or add it to this exsisting thread? Could somebody plz help me with this one? Thanks in advance!

Old 03-24-2010, 03:54 PM
Quick444
Fleet Mechanic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by flatbeder
I will get pics up later I gotta hit the road for now. My question now is do I start a new thread with pics or add it to this exsisting thread? Could somebody plz help me with this one? Thanks in advance!
You can go back and edit your original post once you have all the photos up loaded. I did much of the same thing with my engine rebuild thread in my sig.

Old 03-24-2010, 04:09 PM
flatbeder
Posting Guru
Ok had a chance to try and upload pics...It wont do it. this is very frustrating!!! I'll get with Robin to see if he can help me? Thanks for the hints and tricks guys and girls...

Old 03-24-2010, 04:19 PM
flatbeder
Posting Guru
Old 03-24-2010, 04:23 PM
flatbeder
Posting Guru
Old 03-24-2010, 11:08 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by flatbeder
Robin deserves a lot of credit for take time to help me and answering every question I had.
Robin deserves a lot of the credit for a good bit of the knowledge passed on to others here in this forum!

You are very lucky, indeed, to live such a short drive away, and you can't beat the scenery along the way.

Next road trip that involves I-40 has me taking a side-trip! Robin is someone I really want to meet.

Pop

Old 03-24-2010, 11:39 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I had a great time helping Joe do these mods. Here's some pics I took.

First thing we did was hook up AE and check ICP Pressure and Duty cycle.

Good numbers on an uphill WOT run. Nice strong HPOP. Truck is stock.

Also did an injector buzz test. All eight sounded good and identical.

CCT also passed. Not even a #8 failure. I suspect there is a black CPS in this truck but forgot to check. Also forgot to run a Rotational velocity test. Next time. I'm sure Joe will be back.

Did a pre-work boost leak test before we removed the IC tubes and it was test OK, no leaks. Wanted to do the leak test before we began the work so that any leaks after the work we would know were our doing.

Removed the intake an checked the compressor wheel. No play and for 220k+ the wheel looked great.

We then pulled the IC pipes to get at the doghouse to install the Riffraff CCV Mod.

With everything out of the way the Riffraff HPX was installed.

Passenger side connection

Driver side connection

AIH delete was next. Riffraff AIH plug tapped for a, soon to come, boost gauge.

Since the IC tubes were off we decided to do the PITA foil delete. That took a big chunk of the time. After Joe spent quite a bit of time removing the foil and insulation we used paint thinner and then Goo Gone and then lacquer thinner and the glue was still so stubborn we broke out the drill and a wire wheel. Here the pipe is half done. Good pic of Joe. I made him put on some safety glasses when we went with the wire wheel.

IC tube all cleaned up.

After we got the IC tubes back on another boost leak test was done. No leaks.

All done and the engine bay looks much better. We cleaned up quite a bit of grime.

Started it up an checked the HPX for leaks. No leaks. By this time it was dark and Joe headed back down the hill to Phoenix.

I got a lot of satisfaction out of helping Joe and I know he really appreciated it.

Thanks for lunch Joe. Next time get here earlier and you can buy me lunch and dinner. And if you get here before dawn I'll let you buy breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:41 PM
flatbeder
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SpringerPop
Robin deserves a lot of the credit for a good bit of the knowledge passed on to others here in this forum!

You are very lucky, indeed, to live such a short drive away, and you can't beat the scenery along the way.

Next road trip that involves I-40 has me taking a side-trip! Robin is someone I really want to meet.

Pop
Pop, truer words have never been spoken about Robin!

Old 03-24-2010, 11:41 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SpringerPop

Pop
Pop,

Let me know when you are in the area. I would really like to meet you as well.

Old 03-24-2010, 11:50 PM
flatbeder
Posting Guru
Robin thanks for posting up all those pics and with describtions you are the MAN...I'll be back for sure, only this time I'm really gonna have to bring my wallet if you want breakfast, lunch, and dinner. All rite you suckered me into it.

Robin also forgot to mention while doing the foil delete it drained two batteries on his drill, and wore us right the hell out!!! By the time we were both done we both asked ourselves was that really worth the price of addmission? Sure looks better tho...lol

Quick Reply: Mod day with Payson PSD (Robin)