1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Parts, every where literally

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 11:16 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Talking Parts, every where literally

Well, Like the title says, I got parts every where, literally. In the garage, is the '63 Falcon Sedan, completely stripped, and currently in body work phase. In the driveway in front of it, is the '53,4,5, what ever it is Big Job. Next to the house, is the '60 F-250, and in front of that, is a '91 Dodge 1 ton dually 4x4. Well, in front of that Dodge, is the 200? Peterbilt "Air-Leaf" rear suspension, and axles, and complete front suspension, and steering set up that will be going under that '53,4,5 whatever Big Job. The Dodge is giving its 5.9L 6BT Cummins up to the Big Job, and in the back of my '01 Dodge dually 4x4, is the Allison AT 545 transmission that will be going behind that 6BT. The Cat popped its top, and the 5 speed main box has no first, so they are coming out of the Big Job to make room. Oh yeah, the '63 Falcon Sprint is down at the tow yard for storage until I have room. The '60 F-250 has a garbage frame, so it will be going on top of the '91 Dodge frame, and is getting a GM 350/TH350/NP203 drive train. So, the '60 will be a mutt, but at least is't all American. Oh, an d to top it all off, we made an offer on a house, and the bank accepted, so now, I gotta figure out how to move all this stuff to the new house (which is actually across the street, and up two lots). So, I think my summer schedule is now pretty much booked.

Old 03-23-2010, 07:51 AM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,781 Likes on 1,822 Posts
Whoa! Hold on a minute there Joe!

Did I read your post right? Did I see buried in there that a GM 350/TH350/NP203 drivetrain was finding its way into one of your trucks?? Couldn't be...not from the guy who I once had a heated 'discussion" about non Ford parts in our Ford trucks....just couldn't be.

.....LOL..... I'm just poking you with a stick a bit.

I don't know how you manage to keep it all organized. Right now I have several different projects going and I spend most of my time wandering around trying to remember where I put something.

Congrats on the house. I hate moving! at least you only have to go down the street so maybe it won't be too bad.

Bobby

Old 03-23-2010, 10:26 AM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Yeah Bobby, You read that right. I figure heck, it's getting a Dodge frame, why not got to the extreme and make it a major mutt. Hey, I like that, Major Mutt. Hmmmmm. I'm far from organized. I got cords, and hosees, and crap everywhere. I clean things up, and it only take likes 5 minutes to get all out of wack again. So, i quit cleaning up, and it isn't getting any worse, just the same mess, weird. Thanks, on the house, it', across the street, and up two, so I hope it won't be too bad. I'll borrow the boss' trailer, and load it all up, and make the LONG drive across the road to unload it. At least we won't have to worry about breakables, they can just be carried.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:49 PM
Julies Cool F1
Post Fiend
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Hiya Joe, Wadayaknow?

I don't have much to say about your parts, but it's nice to see you post again!

Old 03-23-2010, 09:48 PM
wmjoe1953
Postmaster
Hi Julie. Projects from ear to ear, so it's been tough trying to get updates going out on the computer. Since the body work part of any auto project is so long, and slow, it leaves me with time to take a break, and get back inside for a spell. Since I'm almost finished buying parts, I have some more time there too. With buying a house, and all, I will be getting short of time again soon, so I figured I should get back in here and do some posting.