Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

89 F250 4X4 Issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2010, 08:52 PM
Brian97
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool 89 F250 4X4 Issues

After much thought, pricing and advice of some of the fine members here, I have decided to fix-up my current set-up. I was considering doing the EFI - Carb conversion, however I don't have the $$$ to complete that conversion at this time.

So with that being said, my current set-up consists of a freshly installed rebuilt 351W, that is coupled to a C6 Trans. Prior to replacing the engine the transmission shifting and worked flawlessly. Since replacing the engine the transmission did not move in any of the gears. So I dropped the trans, and checked the condition and proper installation of the torque converter.

I then reinstalled the transmission, and topped off the trans fluid. I attempted all the gears again, this time the truck SLOWLY moved forward and Reverse. However there was a very obviously drain in power off of the engine, when in anything other then PARK or NEUTRAL. I was told this could have been caused by poor timing of the engine. Since I have very limited knowledge of the transmission, I am not sure if this is the right direction I should be heading?

While attempting to readjust the timing, I ended up losing spark. I now have ZERO spark..... I hate to continue throwing money down the drain, but is someone who can please point me in the right direction here.

Thanks, and sorry for the long posting..

Last edited by Brian97; 03-16-2010 at 08:59 PM. Reason: Grammar and Wording correction