Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-14-2010, 02:05 PM
New User

SageNSaber is starting off with a positive reputation.
Location of Underhood Fuses?

Brand new FTE here, trying to locate underhood fuses for Trailer Plug (left turn/brake lights not working) on 2003 F250 (6.0 Diesel). Was informed yesterday by RV guy that Ford's had separate fuses for trailer plug, that was news to me. Any help? Thanks.
Old 03-14-2010, 02:29 PM
Post Fiend

dchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputation
You can find the information in your owner's manual. If you don't have one, you can download a copy here.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/maintenan...ls/default.asp

Oregon Chapter Member:
To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 03-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Posting Guru

scraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to behold
Driver side under hood, black looking box. Just open it up.
Old 03-14-2010, 04:59 PM
New User

SageNSaber is starting off with a positive reputation.
specific LOCATION of underhood fuses??

Trying to locate fuses to trailer plug (left turn blinker and left brake light on trailer not working) Truck is 2003 F250 SuperCab with 6.0 Diesel. Truck turn signal and brake light work fine. I have read manual and it does NOT to the best of my knowledge show or tell where the underhood fuses are located. I have two small black plastic boxes underhood, drivers side, one has two fuses and four relays?, the other has two relays? Both fuses were good. Any suggestions? thanks all for views and advice so far.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:14 PM
Posting Guru

scraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to behold
Get a test light check your truck trailer plug.
How To Use a Test Light - Using a Circuit Tester to Troubleshoot Electrical - Ground Check Circuit Test
It sounds like you have a wire problem on the trailer.
Old 03-14-2010, 05:17 PM
Posting Guru

etrailer.com | Trailer Wiring Diagrams
Old 03-15-2010, 11:46 AM
Post Fiend

dchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputationdchamberlain has a superb reputation
Your owners manual is at...

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../03f23og5e.pdf

Refer to page 178. The Trailer Tow Stop/Turn Lamp fuse is fuse #6 in the Central Junction Box under the access panel below the steering wheel. It's not under the hood. From what you describe, and based on the fact that the Owner's Manual doesn't describe the under hood fuse box, I'd say that your 2003 is like my 2004 and there is no under hood fuse box. I believe the two fuses and 4 relays have to do with the diesel engine controls, but I'm not sure, they're not described anywhere that I've found. The two relays alone are the 4x4 shift control relays.

Oregon Chapter Member:
Old 03-15-2010, 11:54 AM
Post Fiend

I've attached a diagram below. Thing is, if only your left turn/stop light aren't working, then I'm assuming your right turn/stop light are. Which means it can't be the fuse, because the fuse is for both left and right.

This means it has to be the relay, or a broken wire. The diagram below shows the turn/stop relays. But be aware, that this is from a 2004 service manual. I can't guarantee that a 2003 is the same.
Attached Images

Oregon Chapter Member:
Old 03-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Elder User

Cowboy65 has a very good reputation on FTE.Cowboy65 has a very good reputation on FTE.Cowboy65 has a very good reputation on FTE.Cowboy65 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageNSaber View Post
Trying to locate fuses to trailer plug (left turn blinker and left brake light on trailer not working) Truck is 2003 F250 SuperCab with 6.0 Diesel. Truck turn signal and brake light work fine. I have read manual and it does NOT to the best of my knowledge show or tell where the underhood fuses are located. I have two small black plastic boxes underhood, drivers side, one has two fuses and four relays?, the other has two relays? Both fuses were good. Any suggestions? thanks all for views and advice so far.
The truck and trailer lights are on parallel circuits fed from the Multi-Function switch so it is common for one to work and the other not to work. Fuse #6 (20A) feeds both the trailer LH turn/brake & RH turn/brake so if one of this is working it can't be a fuse issue. The LH and RH are controlled by separate relays so it could be a relay issue or a wiring issue related to the relay. The relays are in the Relay Block located under the hood. Follow the link below for the schematic.

https://www.fleet.ford.com/truckbbas...bb_pdf/203.pdf
2006 F250 6.0 PSD SC SB ESOF FX4 XLT 3.73LS; BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO 265/70R17; Diesel Site Coolant Filter; Shell Rotella T Synthetic 5W-40; WeatherGuard Tool Box; Stanadyne Performance Fuel Additive; Brand Motion iPod Adapter; Line-X Bed Liner; Leveling Kit; B&W Gooseneck Hitch; DashBoss; Wet Okole Seat Covers; Du-HA Underseat Storeage; BriteBox
Old 03-15-2010, 01:09 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Don't buy a new relay until you've swapped the L & R relays. If there is a BAD relay, the problem will switch sides!

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 07-20-2012, 05:46 PM
New User

G8rb813 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Running lights

I have a 2003 ford f250 diesel. The running lights fuse blows when I turn the head lights on. Brake, head lights,turn signals work. Running,park, and dash lights do not. Any ideas?
Old 07-20-2012, 05:46 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2001, 2004, diagram, diesel, f150, f250, find, ford, fuse, fuses, hood, locate, location, relay, truck, underhood