Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Oregon Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Fabmandelux

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2010, 06:05 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
For Dave (my F-150 build)

I'm tired of fighting electrical problems with my 96 F-150 4X4. So........I'm stripping off all the EFI crap and computer controls and installing a 4 barrel manifold and Holley, with a Duraspark ign system. Here is a pic of what I started with..........

Click the image to open in full size.

I think there is an engine in there somewhere..................

Surprise Surprise! There IS something under all that crap! I wonder if it could be the engine??????

Click the image to open in full size.

All that's left is the intake manifold, and the distributor, which I'll pull just as soon as I find the 4bbl manifold....................Looked for 2 hours today and couldn't find the damn thing. Guess I'll have to ask my son.............

More to follow............................

RIP Steve Price. A true friend and a tireless supporter of FTE
Old 03-14-2010, 03:18 PM

fabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputationfabmandelux has a superb reputation
Found the 4bbl manifold! Son had it in the bike shed.

Now to find the gaskets and Holley.............................

Old 03-14-2010, 03:24 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
Don, You can put the EFI stuff on Craigs list, it will be gone pretty quick!.....If not I know someone who will take it!

Must be nice to only have to look for the parts and not PAY for them!...Ha ha!
84 Ranger 4x4 2.8 V-6 5spd......492,000 miles!
Dave
Oregon Assistant Chapter leader: To join the Oregon Chapter, click HERE
Old 03-14-2010, 03:38 PM

I've been saving "stuff" for over 40 years...............It's amazing what people will give ya for free!

It does have some cost though. It took Mike, myself, and my son, son-in-law, and my brother-in-law 8 WEEKS to move last summer! I still don't have all my rigs here yet.................................

What would be a fair price for all the EFI stuff? I have everything down to the brackets, bolts, injectors, fuel system, air system......................

Just eliminating all that crap will probably gain me some power in weight reduction!

Old 03-14-2010, 05:49 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Old93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputationOld93junk has a superb reputation
$100.00 would be a good price for a complete, working EFI system,.......somebody out there with a basket case truck might really appreciate it.
Dave
Old 03-21-2010, 02:28 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Hows the project, Don?
Dave
Old 03-21-2010, 02:40 PM

Intake is on, carb is ready to put on. Still have to find the dizzy, but found 7 modules. I also have to modify the fuel lines. I'm trying to finish up a customers ski-boat today...............

Old 03-21-2010, 03:24 PM
Post Fiend

FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
cool don,
i'm not good with carbs tho.
jack, slackmaster #6
1996 ford ranger xlt extended cab,2wd,4.0L v6,5spd,3.08 gears, tornado intake spacer, msd ignition,sun super tach2, k&n air filter, nascar oil filter.

iowa chapter member
Old 03-21-2010, 03:32 PM

I love tuning Holley carbs, but I do have an Exhaust Gas Analyzer, and a Holley master jet kit.............

Old 03-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

How big is the Holley?..........Mustang GT's from 83-85 came with a 600cfm Holley/Motorcraft 4v, but the cam was more aggressive than the truck 302. I would think a 450-550 cfm Holley would work great on that truck.
Dave
Old 03-21-2010, 04:37 PM
Post Fiend

FORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud ofFORD RANGER has much to be proud of
guys,
i'm more fuel injection and very good with diesels. not carbs!!!
jack, slackmaster #6
1996 ford ranger xlt extended cab,2wd,4.0L v6,5spd,3.08 gears, tornado intake spacer, msd ignition,sun super tach2, k&n air filter, nascar oil filter.

iowa chapter member
Old 03-21-2010, 04:41 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FORD RANGER View Post
guys,
i'm more fuel injection and very good with diesels. not carbs!!!
Just the other way around here...........diesels and EFI, nothing but voodoo to me!
Dave
Old 03-21-2010, 05:27 PM
Post Fiend

actually bud it works pretty much the same way. its just one takes an ecm and the other
don't... i have never been good with carbs... i failed that part of auto mechanics in high school.
jack, slackmaster #6

iowa chapter member
Old 03-21-2010, 05:40 PM
Old, tired and grouchy

You are a better man than me............I think its easy to adjust float levels, needle valves and mixture screws............Computers, injectors, fuel rails, wiring harnesses, FPRs......too much high tech for me!
Dave
Old 03-21-2010, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old93junk View Post
You are a better man than me............I think its easy to adjust float levels, needle valves and mixture screws............Computers, injectors, fuel rails, wiring harnesses, FPRs......too much high tech for me!
Yup, us old farts like it simple! ( and it's a 600 Holley.....)

Old 03-21-2010, 07:08 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Western Region > Oregon Chapter