plumber01
Post Fiend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes it has.

Old 01-22-2015, 09:46 PM
LibTimothy
FTE Chapter Leader
Snuggy and Robert back posting in the Good Morning, Evening & Night Texans forum....

Wait... I need to check my Mayan calendar to see if it is the end of the world. Nope. That was last year. OK.

I'm glad to see you guys. What's new with you guys?

Timothy

Old 01-22-2015, 11:15 PM
Snuggyworm
Postmaster
Originally Posted by LibTimothy
Snuggy and Robert back posting in the Good Morning, Evening & Night Texans forum.... Wait... I need to check my Mayan calendar to see if it is the end of the world. Nope. That was last year. OK. I'm glad to see you guys. What's new with you guys? Timothy
Busy with work, busy with my six-oh and busy with fixing other cars. Just keeping busy.

Staying out of trouble. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using IB AutoGroup

Old 01-25-2015, 12:05 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello everyone in Texas...enjoy your Sunday.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:35 PM
Toreador_Diesel
Retired Mod
Received 275 Likes on 138 Posts
Originally Posted by IB Tim
Hello everyone in Texas...enjoy your Sunday.
Thanks Timbo!

Have a happy Sunday!

Old 01-27-2015, 03:23 PM
CR3999!
Tuned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dad gum, it sure is quiet here in the Texas forum. I thought most Texans were full of , well let's just say Prunes. I was thinking some of you folks may need to relax.

I was wondering which state has the most members in their state. From this forum.

Oh, Good Afthernoon fellers!

Old 01-28-2015, 12:06 AM
LibTimothy
FTE Chapter Leader
Hello everybody!

The cruse control when out on my truck today.

The pollen is really kicking my butt today.

Shiner has a new beer out. It is a chocolate stout called Birthday Beer. Really good! Go try it.

Timothy

Old 01-28-2015, 12:44 AM
75Three90
Cargo Master
Been really busy with the new gf, work, and doing mechanic work has me whipped, I finally got my truck washed. Finally man was she filthy.

Old 01-28-2015, 02:15 PM
CR3999!
Tuned
Good afternoon fellers, my mom often told me, " nothing good happens after midnight ". Looks like she may have been wrong. Jeez, y'all sure stay up late.

Old 01-28-2015, 07:11 PM
F350-6
Post Fiend
Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by LibTimothy
Hello everybody!

The cruse control when out on my truck today.

The pollen is really kicking my butt today.

Shiner has a new beer out. It is a chocolate stout called Birthday Beer. Really good! Go try it.

Timothy
I've seen a few choclolate beers. Never understood why you would want your beer to taste like chocolate. Of course I might be the odd one since I don't really like chocolate.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:49 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Quite a while back, I told y'all about Texas Muffins, right? And I said it was a spinoff from my PIZZA making ideas.

I just got done tonight making some pizza crusts the same way and the whole house has that fine fresh baked bread smell - ain't nothin' quite like that!

I figured out a long time ago that the difference between a home cooked pizza and one from a shop like dominoes is that they use pizza crusts that are ready made and come in boxes like a crate of eggs.

Well...

What you do is let the dough rise in the pan WITH A SECOND PAN ON TOP OF IT so that it can't dry out, then you bake the crust the same way...

MAKE THE CRUST FIRST!!!

Y'all have seen Boboli pizza crusts in a grocery store, yeah? Same idea.

Here's what a home made 16" Pizza crust made with a French Bread Dough looks like when it comes out of the oven:

~I make three at a time~

The thing that kills a home made pizza DEADER 'n a split rail post is baking the crust with the toppin's already on it, don't do that. A lot of "PIZZA in a BOX" kits from the store also use self rising flour for the crust - you don't want that either. For one thing - they loaded with sodium.
* I use lite salt in everything I cook nowadays because the Potassium Chloride in it is a Potassium source
- any bodybuilder will tell you Potassium is needed to liberate energy. LITE SALT makes us stronger...

*We also know that sodium is bad for high blood pressure

You can use any BREAD recipe you want *, and my advice is to keep the pizza pan covered with a SECOND pizza pan until the dough rises, and also while it is baked in the oven.

That way she fresh, and never dried out - you look at the one I'm showing you above and you can see that the thing came out fluffy and filled with air holes just like a fine french bread...

That right there is what you want!

You can rub a pizza crust like that with Parmesan cheese, garlic, chili powder, oregano, or whatever spice you want on it to give it a "BASE COAT" and then toast it for a few minutes in the oven to crisp it up some, then load it with diced tomatos and green chili's, olives, bacon, sausage, everything and anything you can imagine.

And a ton of cheeses...

THAT is a pizza.

Ain't no reason for Dominoes or whoever to charge like they do - I make my own and you just can't beat it
* 99% of Italian cooking is PEASANT recipes, so that poor folk can eat. But these days we think PIZZA is a high priced thing...
It don't figure...

As a matter of fact at the end of the month I make pizza because it is inexpensive! Yes sir - it takes a bit of work, but the results are good.

WE talkin' TEXAS PIZZA now!!!

"You do whutcha want - I'm gonna EAT..."

You've heard of so-called 'Barbequed Pizza'? Try adding liquid hickory smoke flavor to it...

The only limit to what you can cook is your very own imagination. I have shown Y'all the way, and I have even cooked these on a barbeque grill/smoker.

~Wolfie

* In theory, a SOUR DOUGH pizza is possible, but my own Sour Dough has not come out quite right so far. Wouldn't that be absolutely IT though if I get it right?

You HAVE TO get into the dough and the crust - if you do that, your whole notion of PIZZA will change forever

~ I guarantee ya...

Just look at what different kinds of bread did for SUBWAY - the better the bread, the better the sandwich.

PS: A SUBMARINE SANDWICH is a Yankee thing, down in Louisiana they call 'em "PO' BOYS"
Same difference

Old 01-28-2015, 10:22 PM
LibTimothy
FTE Chapter Leader
Originally Posted by CR3999!
Good afternoon fellers, my mom often told me, " nothing good happens after midnight ". Looks like she may have been wrong. Jeez, y'all sure stay up late.

Yes, I stay up late, but I sleep in in the morning. I don't HAVE to be at work until noon most days. And I rarely have a class that starts before 2pm. Plus I was a programmer for years, and programmers are like vampires..... we work best at night.

Of course, my wife is a morning person.....

Timothy

Old 01-28-2015, 10:24 PM
LibTimothy
FTE Chapter Leader
Wolfie,

Is that cast iron?

Tmothy

Old 01-28-2015, 10:44 PM
Greywolf
Fleet Owner
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
The idea itself is cast iron - but the pans are straight up walmart tin pizza pans with rolled up edges. You can collect some for dirt cheap.

I read somewhere that the way you judge a chinese WOK is how dark the metal has turned, same is true of baking pans I guess. If they are black, somebody used them a lot and knew what they were doing...

Mine don't git no rest

If we know the old once upon a time ways, we can live better than those who have to pay someone else for what we should have known we could do for ourselves.

I reckon none of the blackening on them is from waiting around for a handout

Old 01-29-2015, 12:28 PM
CR3999!
Tuned
I'll take one Bar B Q pizza to go. You sure know how to make a man crave a pie. There's not a good pizza parlor in this town. I have to go to Houston to get a good pie.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GOOD MORNING, EVENING & NIGHT TEXANS