Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Installed Riffraff OCR

Old 03-13-2010, 09:36 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile Installed Riffraff OCR

The Riffraff OCR (Overboost Code Regulator) is a great piece of hardware. Quality, quality, quality.

MAP sensor mounted to new bracket.

Applied 35 PSI and the OCR, as advertised, would only pass 22 PSI. No de-fueling under WOT.

Looks nice under the hood and was a breeze to install. I added the 1/2" split loom.
The 1/2" split loom is a tight fit so add it before final install.

If you're tuned or chipped or experiencing de-fueling when you mash the loud pedal this should be on your PMS list.
Or, as in my case, if you have to keep adjusting the overboost regulator you have, replace it with the Riffraff OCR.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:33 AM
farmdad
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Robin. I've been getting "the light" when pulling our flatbed tandem dually even with the old Superchips tuner set to "tow". Adding another item to the "gotta do" list.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:37 AM
N V US Lawn Care
Elder User
not real sure what this is for, but it looks good Robin...

Old 03-13-2010, 10:41 AM
Kwikkordead
Fleet Owner
Received 778 Likes on 594 Posts
Originally Posted by N V US Lawn Care
At around 24 psi, if you don't have that pressure regulator installed, the computer will cut off the fuel and turn on the SES light.
It's a major PITA to be pulling a large trailer up the mountain pass and right when it's pulling good, have the engine cut out on you.

Clay, that's a nice piece of hardware. Kudos.

Old 03-13-2010, 10:48 AM
N V US Lawn Care
Elder User
Originally Posted by Kwikkordead
At around 24 psi, if you don't have that pressure regulator installed, the computer will cut off the fuel and turn on the SES light.
It's a major PITA to be pulling a large trailer up the mountain pass and right when it's pulling good, have the engine cut out on you.

Clay, that's a nice piece of hardware. Kudos.

Oh...i guess i just don't have that issue...or dunno what to look for...i do know that my SES doesn't come on for anything...and i hammer the crap out of my truck when it's loaded or empty (trying to break stuff to have an excuse to PMS...)

Old 03-13-2010, 10:53 AM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by N V US Lawn Care
If the PCM sees boost at about 23 PSI or higher, via a signal from the MAP sensor, it de-fuels to decrease the drive pressure and lessen stress on the turbo. The OCR will not let any boost above 22 PSI reach the MAP sensor so even if the real boost is 28 PSI the PCM will only see 22 PSI tops, thus no de-fueling. The OCR in effect is a MAP sensor fooler.

Old 03-13-2010, 12:16 PM
WA.Ranger
Postmaster

THAT, my friend, is purdy!

Old 03-13-2010, 02:46 PM
maevans
Posting Guru

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That looks nice Robin, would like even nicer with some "CHROME NUTS". I've heard you have some.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:01 PM
liftedgrocerygetter
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I need this.... I'm tired of throwing the SES when I mash the skinny pedal.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:39 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by liftedgrocerygetter
I need this.... I'm tired of throwing the SES when I mash the skinny pedal.
Nice to see a post from you Cris .

Stop mashing the skinny pedal. Problem solved.

You've got a couple PMs from me. Check them out.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:40 PM
spdmpo
Postmaster
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
So how does this compare to an air compressor regulator where I see fluctuations in its output based on the input pressure. In other words at 25 psi input I can regulate it to 22 psi out, but then if I apply 35 psi to it, it doesn't regulate tot he same 22 psi. And at pressure inputs less than 22 psi it can get a little funny too.

I once tried an OBA from either Dieselsite or ITP that was a sort of blow off valve. All that did was bleed of boost pressure that I've worked so hard to produce and I hated it. Been looking for something that doesn't bleed off pressure to the atmosphere but is more accurate than an air compressor regulator. This might just be it.

Old 03-13-2010, 03:56 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by spdmpo
So how does this compare to an air compressor regulator where I see fluctuations in its output based on the input pressure. In other words at 25 psi input I can regulate it to 22 psi out, but then if I apply 35 psi to it, it doesn't regulate tot he same 22 psi. And at pressure inputs less than 22 psi it can get a little funny too.

I once tried an OBA from either Dieselsite or ITP that was a sort of blow off valve. All that did was bleed of boost pressure that I've worked so hard to produce and I hated it. Been looking for something that doesn't bleed off pressure to the atmosphere but is more accurate than an air compressor regulator. This might just be it.
Dieselsite sells the blow off...

ITP sells the regulator just like this one...

Old 03-13-2010, 04:07 PM
ChunderDownUnder
Cargo Master

I was a bit surprised by the price of Clay's OCR compared to others. That was until I received it. It is well thought out, of the highest of quality and looks (as does all Clays gear) excellent. He really puts alot of effort into he's designs. Hes products are a direct reflection of he's amount of knowledge of these trucks.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:14 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by spdmpo

As I wrote in post #1, 35 in and only 22 out. The OCR is fixed to only pass 22 PSI or less and is why I removed the adjustable compressor type I had and installed the OCR. I got tired of readjusting the old one.

Old 03-13-2010, 04:21 PM
CSIPSD
Postmaster
Originally Posted by PaysonPSD
As I wrote in post #1, 35 in and only 22 out. The OCR is fixed to only pass 22 PSI or less and is why I removed the adjustable compressor type I had and installed the OCR. I got tired of readjusting the old one.
Not knocking... But I have installed 6 of the ITP version and never had to ajust any of them... Mine has seem 50psi for a long damn time without issue...

I like the looks of Clays... but I would not knock the "other" version...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installed Riffraff OCR