Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-13-2010, 08:45 AM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

KansasJoe is starting off with a positive reputation.
Super Duty Front Spring Code and Capacity Chart

I see a lot of people asking about front leaf spring codes and what their actual capacity is so I went through my spring books and matched up the codes with capacities so here you go. I'll list the spring code and then the capacity in pounds next to it and the capacity is per side.

R = 1430
S = 1630
T = 1830
U = 2030
V = 2230
W = 2430
X = 2630

Now in the middle of 00 Ford switched from a berlin eye design to a standard design so some of the springs such as the R code was only used from 99-00 and when you switch out springs you want to be sure to switch out to the 01-04 version because of the standard eye receiving full support from the spring underneath it. Easiest way to tell on the berlin eye is if there's a gap between your 2 leafs and you should always replace this design with the standard eye.

FYI - There is also a 3950 lb capacity spring but this is the X code with an extra tapered leaf installed on it so the 2630 is the heaviest Ford made.
Old 02-05-2012, 03:11 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

Rosson03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Rosson03 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KansasJoe View Post
I see a lot of people asking about front leaf spring codes and what their actual capacity is so I went through my spring books and matched up the codes with capacities so here you go. I'll list the spring code and then the capacity in pounds next to it and the capacity is per side.

R = 1430
S = 1630
T = 1830
U = 2030
V = 2230
W = 2430
X = 2630

Now in the middle of 00 Ford switched from a berlin eye design to a standard design so some of the springs such as the R code was only used from 99-00 and when you switch out springs you want to be sure to switch out to the 01-04 version because of the standard eye receiving full support from the spring underneath it. Easiest way to tell on the berlin eye is if there's a gap between your 2 leafs and you should always replace this design with the standard eye.

FYI - There is also a 3950 lb capacity spring but this is the X code with an extra tapered leaf installed on it so the 2630 is the heaviest Ford made.

how do u know what spring code u have!!!!
2000-XLT-EXCURSION-V10-6.8L-3.73Gears-12.3MPG UltraGauge WORKS AT FORD Louisville, Ky K&NFipkAirIntakeBBKDual65mmTB JetMAF&Spacer&180'Tstat DuralastPlatBatt InfinitySpeak RoyalPOil&Transm&Diff BMDrill&SlottF&R BlurWoodgrain PythonAlarm MichelinXRadialTire FlowMaster50SerieMuff XenonFrontAirDam ChromeFrontLedHalo&TailLight BluLedUnderXLight APCWht&BluCluster HawksSDF&R FitchFuelCat AutoliteXPIridiumSpark XT: 5StarSCTTune CowlInHood BanksYpipe&Head F650Dash ReverseCamera/GPS/DVD
Old 02-05-2012, 07:29 PM
Posting Guru
2003 Ford F-250

92f150I6 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosson03 View Post
how do u know what spring code u have!!!!
Should be on the door jamb sticker.
2003 F250 SD 4X4 5.4L 4:10 Arizona Beige
1987 Mustang GT
09 Challenger RT
A bunch of motorcycles, other cars, and a Quad.
Old 02-05-2012, 08:55 PM
Senior User
Garage is empty, add now

AllaboutMPG has a good reputation on FTE.AllaboutMPG has a good reputation on FTE.
Another way??

My truck no longer has a sticker. Is there another way to tell. I was able to detirmine that it came with trailer tow and camper pack.

Thanks for posting the initial info Joe.
Paul, 2000 F250 7.3L, 4X4, CC, SB, SRW, 298K miles--Riff Raff FRX & AIH delete, Super Winch Hubs, Gauges -Pyro+Tranny+Fuel Press+Boost, Bilsteins, Enrgy Suspnsion bushings, X springs, Melling LPOP, 6637, 4" exhaust, Hutch and Harpoon, EBPV Delete, 50 cent, ELC Coolant
Old 02-09-2012, 11:20 AM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

gmyner is starting off with a positive reputation.
I'm in the same boat

My truck is a 2000 f250 2-wheel drive. My door sticker is gone also, I've been trying to find out what my spring codes probably are. I got a build sheet from ford, it has on there heavy duty service package. I got another ford OASIS report that says it has a camper package. Doesn't mention heavy duty service package. I email ford about it and all they told me was it has the 5588 C spring code, I found out through some reasearch this is an AUX rear spring probably used with the Camper Package. So far I still don't know what my front coil spring code is or what the basic rear leaf spring code is. Any advise from anyone on how to find this out?
Old 05-14-2013, 07:40 AM
New User
Garage is empty, add now

Renegade EX is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey everyone, I'm having a case of "spring fever" and trying to find some info like all the rest of you............ especially the 2wd folks. Most comments in the Excursion section for 2wd suggests a Z code coil at 4800#. I'm not against that but I would like to know what's out there before making a decision. Another curosity is whether the later Super Duty coil springs will fit the earlier models are not?

Also, I'm up the bayou a little myself in that my sticker is gone......... I'm currently working with the Parts-Man at the dealership to retrieve a new sticker using my VIN.

I appreciate any useful info. Thanks
Old 05-14-2013, 07:40 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
2002, buy, chart, code, codes, duty, f150, f250, ford, front, leaf, spring, springs, super, superduty