Browse all: Brake Guides
Print Wikipost

How to bypass safety on NAV & DVD ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 01:07 PM
madcowranch
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did they give you a computer in prison ajaj?

Ahmed Ajaj - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 04-08-2010, 01:15 PM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Received 178 Likes on 126 Posts
I don't give a crap if you text and drive, nav and drive,xxxxxxx and drive, whatever, as long as you only kill yourself. When you put me and my kids at risk, I take that very personally. So yes, if we outlaw nav and driving. Call the ACLU. maybe we should outlaw other things while driving. Germany has. I used to live there too. Hated the liberal Germaniacs, but they took driving seriously and thier accident record reflects that.
Your ignorant attitude and flagrant disregard for others' safety is shameful and borderline criminal. Don't let me catch you nav-ing in my neck of the woods...

And BTW, I am about as conservative as they come. My parents are going to a tea party this weekend and I would go too if I were back home.

Old 04-08-2010, 01:29 PM
madcowranch
New User
Originally Posted by stephen.osborne1
I don't give a crap if you text and drive, nav and drive,xxxxxxx and drive, whatever, as long as you only kill yourself. When you put me and my kids at risk, I take that very personally. So yes, if we outlaw nav and driving. Call the ACLU. maybe we should outlaw other things while driving. Germany has. I used to live there too. Hated the liberal Germaniacs, but they took driving seriously and thier accident record reflects that.
Your ignorant attitude and flagrant disregard for others' safety is shameful and borderline criminal. Don't let me catch you nav-ing in my neck of the woods...

And BTW, I am about as conservative as they come. My parents are going to a tea party this weekend and I would go too if I were back home.
Who are you talking to, soldier? If you mean me, please do yourself a favor and carefully reread my post about who would be accessing the nav while under way.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:12 PM
ajaj
Freshman User
LOL

Those are my Initals done twice ......lol
your too funny.......Im 3rd generation Canadian/Norwegian.....

Sorry to dissapoint you?

And thanks Stephen/Baghdad for all you are doing!

Old 04-09-2010, 04:37 AM
stephen.osborne1
Cargo Master
Received 178 Likes on 126 Posts
I'm addressing any dip$#it that is nav-ing while driving... if the shoe fits, wear it. If not, pi$$ off. FYI, I am no longer in the military. I am a disabled vet but still work for the DOD.

Old 04-09-2010, 07:23 AM
madcowranch
New User
I'm addressing any dip$#it that is nav-ing while driving... if the shoe fits, wear it. If not, pi$$ off. FYI, I am no longer in the military. I am a disabled vet but still work for the DOD.
Good then, you agree with me. Glad we could get through that w/o any personal attacks.

Old 04-12-2010, 12:51 PM
mgermany
New User
My Nav system has alwasy been unlocked. Its 4 years old so maybe this locking is a new thing. Anyway, I read the earlier posts and now I wish mine was locked. Not because I mess with it when I drive....I agree with everyone else the driver shouldn't be messing with the thing while driving. Its my wife that is the problem....she'll want to start messing with it while I'm driving and then press the wrong button and that'll distract me and I'll have to say "honey, thats the wrong button...push that one instead"....very distracting. I'll have to get a locked one on the next vehicle.

Old 06-01-2012, 03:02 PM
Jermell Slice Atkins
New User
Originally Posted by royb
never mind - got it
Can you send that info to me please

Old 06-02-2012, 09:55 AM
PrinceValium
Cargo Master
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
The one thing I would want the NAV unlocked for is the ability to have multiple cameras hooked up to the truck. The ability to quickly check your trailer when driving down the road would be great when you have that feeling that something might not be right and there is no place to safely pull over. It is no different than glancing at your radio or passenger. Those of you that say you are never distracted for some reason while driving or that you have your attention looking at what is in front of you 100% of the time are delusional. We are constantly supposed to be looking in our mirrors etc. while driving and glancing at a camera of your trailer is no different.

There are also people that have horse trailers that can have cameras set up to check the horses here and there. There is also another feature in the new Lock Pick that turns on your front camera for parking at speeds below 8mph to aide in parking like in a garage or parking lot where space is tiight.

Blatantly saying anyone that changes these items are stupid or whatever are just in my mind hypocrites. Btw Stephen...I am not the least bit worried about being in your neck of the woods and doing anything in my vehicle. It's good that you are worried about your family's safety like we all are, You just have to realize there is more than one reason for unlocking the NAV. If someone is watching a movie while driving I agree that is not acceptable and that person should be ticketed etc. Responsibility starts with the person driving the vehicle regardless of the ability to use more features in our vehicles.

Btw Stephen thanks for your service...I am also a disabled vet.

Wow I just realized this is a very old thread!

Old 09-26-2012, 09:01 PM
rubberducky700
Junior User
Your more concerned about naving and driving than drinking a driving. Everyone has priorities and I clearly see yours but I guess I dont agree with the importance of Naving vs. Drinking. Lost a best friend to the later so I guess thats my point of view, Just saying. She was only in the wrong place at the wrong time. They guy who hit her had full attention on the road, he just was impaired enough that it happen to kill her and her boyfriend.

Old 09-29-2012, 04:02 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
It not something I think a responsible driver would consider doing.

Old 09-29-2012, 05:30 AM
shorebird
Hotshot
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
. Don't let me catch you nav-ing in my neck of the woods...
And just what are you going to do about me using a device I own?
As for your employment with the DOD; I'm a former employee of the DOD myself and they trained me (quite thoroughly BTW) to be able to cope with any threat.
You are a pompous blowhard and should take your own advice and ' pi$$ off " !

I bypassed the "lockout" to my Alpine nav/video system in my van shortly after I purchased it.
That was 9+ years ago.
I have yet to run over anyone or anything.
I use a smartphone that has Google maps and nav for work.
I can and do input information and search for destinations while sitting at traffic lights.
The ability to conduct the necessities of my job without having to pull out of the traffic flow and place the truck into park is valuable time saved.
The next tow truck will have a dash mounted nav/video system and I will do the bypass in it also.

Old 03-03-2013, 10:04 AM
mphymel
Cross-Country
Guys, I was looking into this too. It would be nice to be able to use that display for my rear facing camera on my fifth wheel for lane changes etc.

Old 05-12-2013, 07:34 PM
RM2012F350
Senior User
Dude, climb down off your high horse...Laws do not stop people from anything. Laws remove freedom of choice and remove the ability of people to make sound decisions based on life experiences. Personally I will do what I please and ignore your soap box preaching. Thank you for your service

Old 05-28-2013, 06:46 AM
ltatkinson
Senior User
I agree it is much safer to reach over to your glove box, dig out a map, unfold it, find what you need, refold it and put it back in the glove box.

My point is we dont need a nav system to be a distraction. It boils down to common sence. I dont want big brother telling me what I can and cant do. Personaly I dont even try to mess with it while driving, my wife does from the passenger seat. Oh wait a minute she cant.

Tim

Quick Reply: How to bypass safety on NAV & DVD ?