Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

6.0L Power Stroke Diesel 2003 - 2007 F250, F350 pickup and F350+ Cab Chassis, 2003 - 2005 Excursion and 2003 - 2009 van SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Senior User

ol-blu is starting off with a positive reputation.
SCT Lope Idle Tune....

Hey guys was checking You Tube Today and came across a 6.0 with a tune from SCT that Made it sound like it was Cammed. right out..... It lopes like a big block gasser!!! All I was wondering is that is it specifically the tune that does this to the idle, or is there something else to this truck to make it do that.... Does this tune enhance performance or is it just for Bragging Rights??

RIver CIty Diesel 2003 Shop truck RIVERCITYDIE...

Thanks Guys I love this sound out of the diesels!!!
Old 03-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Posting Guru

adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.adambomb has a good reputation on FTE.
that's RCD's truck. you can get specific SCT tunes just to lope at idle and then have power while driving... some tuners don't like them. i know Josh builds injectors and tunes and believe i read that he doesn't think it it hard on the engine/injectors.

2005 F350 6.0 (modded) ~450rwhp/900+ft/lb tq
1999 F350 7.3 (normal mods + 13" King Suspension on 40's)
1998 F150 (basic mods + 7" Suspension on 35's/Prerunner fiberglass and skidplace)
1994 Bronco (normal mods + 9" Coil Suspension on 35's)
Old 03-06-2010, 05:59 PM
Senior User

Awesome thanks.... I really want this tune but was concerned about the rest of the engine.....It would be considered a custom tune am I right??? How much are custom tunes from SCT??? Do they vary on the type of tune made??
Old 03-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Elder User

dc3655 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Does anybody else besides River City Diesel have a lope tune? Just curious.
05 F-250 CC/SB FX-4 Silver 6L Powerstroke: Wrangler 275/65R20's, 55W/5000k HID headlights, DieselSite Coolant Filter, Quadzilla Commander, Magnaflow T409SS 3.5"DP/4" w/Cummins Cat, B&M Deep tranny pan, Precision Industries 1600rpm stall Torque Converter, Mag-Hytec Rear Diff Cover, Fumoto valve, HD Bilstein Shocks, ARP Headstuds and no more oil leak.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:10 PM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
1 yes it is a custom tune
2. you dont buy tunes from sct. They dont make custom tunes, just the tunner. you have to get the custom tunes from someone like innovative diesel, or RCD just to name a couple.
3. I would imagine anyone that dose the tunes can make a lope tune. You would just have to call around.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Senior User

OK so buy a tune from RCD, to they add it into the programmer so I can go in and out of the lope tune or is it like "Once its in there it has to stay. I just want it for braggin rights and a few laughts so it wont be used all the time....... If RCD can install the program or custom tune into the SCT Programmer that would be wickid!!!
Old 03-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Postmaster

texans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to beholdtexans is a splendid one to behold
It would be there anytime you had that tune loaded. you could just load the tune when you want to show off, and have anouther one for everyday use.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:55 PM

Maxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputationMaxium4x4 has a superb reputation
The lope and rolling coal tunes are age related to the owners.... I just prefer mine quick and reliable.

2003 F-350 Reg Cab 6.0L
Old 03-07-2010, 02:55 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel

Tags
60, buying, diesel, f350, ford, hybrid, idle, lope, make, powerstroke, rcd, sct, truck, tune, tunes