KZ Stonridge 5th wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2010, 07:03 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
Received 5,132 Likes on 1,683 Posts
if the dealer wants your money why dont they just put 4 GoodYears or whatever brand you want on there,the rest of the trailer does not look cheap,Gerry

Old 03-10-2010, 07:05 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,406 Likes on 1,002 Posts
I think that is gonna be my best bet, give the guy a call tomorrow and tell him just that. I have not taken delivery yet...check is in my hand not there's.

Old 03-10-2010, 07:11 PM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Received 456 Likes on 310 Posts
Originally Posted by senix
yeah, they are a distributor to get the tires in the U.S. I will call them as I don't see the High-Life that is on my tires listed.

I suppose as I keep drilling down here they will either come clean with everything I need to know or we will learn together. (KZ and me).
I agree and also can not find that name in an cases naming problematic tires.

Steve

Old 03-11-2010, 06:34 PM
Gearitis
Elder User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey Senix, is this rig setup for a genset? Wife and I were talking that when we looked at these, it was ready for a generator. I don't know if that has any priority for you, as we do a lot of boondocking. NASCAR races in particular.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:00 PM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Gearitis
Hey Senix, is this rig setup for a genset? Wife and I were talking that when we looked at these, it was ready for a generator. I don't know if that has any priority for you, as we do a lot of boondocking. NASCAR races in particular.
So will you be in Bristol this coming week? The concessionaires are arriving and the early birds are starting to arrive in the holding areas. My life is just about to jump into overdrive for a week. Then, just as suddenly as it starts, the morning after the race, everyone is gone.

Plenty of tickets are still available, if anyone is interested in coming.

As to genset installs, the prep is pretty easy if you can wire. You do need to line the generator compartment with sheet metal to close it off from the rig, but none of it is complicated.

Steve

Old 03-11-2010, 07:18 PM
senix
Super Moderator
Received 1,406 Likes on 1,002 Posts
it does come with it if you like, the one we bought, on the lot, came with every other bell and wistle but that. So most likely I will just buy one and hook up the cord to it.

Got my 18K Reese slider installed today. Nice...it is a hidden system so the only thing that will be left in the bed is the four holes that the hitch passes thru the bed into the mounting system.

Got the in-bed plug mounted as well. I place that in the left rear, just after the wheel wheel and just ahead of the Ford Cable lock that I have mounted in place of the tie down hook.

Will take some pics of everything probably Sat, as I will be busy tomorrow with taking my old unit in and getting the 5er on the road tomorrow....somewhere in there I am suppose to be at work.

Old 03-11-2010, 07:26 PM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Originally Posted by senix
it does come with it if you like, the one we bought, on the lot, came with every other bell and wistle but that. So most likely I will just buy one and hook up the cord to it.

Got my 18K Reese slider installed today. Nice...it is a hidden system so the only thing that will be left in the bed is the four holes that the hitch passes thru the bed into the mounting system.

Got the in-bed plug mounted as well. I place that in the right rear, just after the wheel wheel and just ahead of the Ford Cable lock that I have mounted in place of the tie down hook.

Will take some pics of everything probably Sat, as I will be busy tomorrow with taking my old unit in and getting the 5er on the road tomorrow....somewhere in there I am suppose to be at work.
RVing can really take a toll on work, but a man has to have his priorities!

Steve

Old 03-12-2010, 01:35 AM
chris60
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GIGGER
if the dealer wants your money why dont they just put 4 GoodYears or whatever brand you want on there,the rest of the trailer does not look cheap,Gerry
where do you think 50 % of the good year marathon's are made? Yup, you guessed it, CHINA my 2009 Bighorn 3055 came with Goodyear marathon tires, stamped MADE IN CHINA,WTF oh well, I don't have an extra $1200 laying around, so its max air pressure & hope for the best.

Old 03-12-2010, 06:40 AM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
I don't know what the answer is. As long as price drives decisions, someone will always be looking for a way to do it cheaper. It's not just tires. It's every darn thing. I work on stuff that used to last well over a decade. Now if it makes it through the warranty period, you're lucky. I am sure it is the same for everybody.

Steve

Old 03-12-2010, 07:15 AM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
RV-Tech,you are right about the way things used to last,manufactures were not worried about weight, just quality.There are so many cut throats out there someone will sell it cheaper & that cuts down on quality,we loose in the long run,Gerry

Old 03-12-2010, 07:29 AM
Gearitis
Elder User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RV_Tech
So will you be in Bristol this coming week? The concessionaires are arriving and the early birds are starting to arrive in the holding areas. My life is just about to jump into overdrive for a week. Then, just as suddenly as it starts, the morning after the race, everyone is gone.

Plenty of tickets are still available, if anyone is interested in coming.

As to genset installs, the prep is pretty easy if you can wire. You do need to line the generator compartment with sheet metal to close it off from the rig, but none of it is complicated.

Steve
Not hijacking the thread!

I wish I could make Bristol. That is one race that I "will" make in my lifetime. I am waiting on Texas for now. Will be there on the 10th for the race on the 18th of April.

As to Genset install, besides the sheet metal, do you put insulation on the compartment walls to dead out some of the noise and vibration?

The rig Senix has just acquired would be sweet at a NASCAR race.

Old 03-12-2010, 02:52 PM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Gearitis
Not hijacking the thread!

I wish I could make Bristol. That is one race that I "will" make in my lifetime. I am waiting on Texas for now. Will be there on the 10th for the race on the 18th of April.

As to Genset install, besides the sheet metal, do you put insulation on the compartment walls to dead out some of the noise and vibration?

The rig Senix has just acquired would be sweet at a NASCAR race.
Normally there is no sound deadening, although that certainly is a worthwhile thought and would not be hard to do. As long as you use an RV generator, the decibel level is pretty low out of the box.

And yes, his rig would be sweet at NASCAR.

Steve

Old 03-12-2010, 03:04 PM
Jigger2020
FTE Legend
I like those generator exhaust pipe extentions to put on the tailpipe of the genny to run the exhaust & (noise) up above the roof,Gerry

Old 03-12-2010, 03:16 PM
dertdrag
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by GIGGER
I like those generator exhaust pipe extentions to put on the tailpipe of the genny to run the exhaust & (noise) up above the roof,Gerry
I had one of those once, never used it. Was a little concerned about CO (being heavier that air) laying on the roof and getting into a roof vent, if it happened to be open. I made one that lays on the ground so I can move it away from tents or other neighbors as needed when at a race.

Old 03-12-2010, 03:22 PM
RV_Tech
Hotshot
Originally Posted by dertdrag
I had one of those once, never used it. Was a little concerned about CO (being heavier that air) laying on the roof and getting into a roof vent, if it happened to be open. I made one that lays on the ground so I can move it away from tents or other neighbors as needed when at a race.
CO is slightly lighter than air. There have been cases where generator exhaust vented under slide-outs created a problem.

Steve

Quick Reply: KZ Stonridge 5th wheels