Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do these trucks have a big target on them

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 02:53 PM
darthice
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Do these trucks have a big target on them

I was just wondering because the last time i parked my truck to fix it someone hit it and put a dent in the bed of the truck it really ticked me off because they didnt even leave a note or anything. I think that is screwed up i mean if i backed into someone in my truck i would at least leave a note and offer to pay for the damages. WTF is wrong with people nowdays i mean what happened to common courtesy.

Old 03-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Eddiec1564
Cargo Master
Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts
It seams so, I don't know if you seen this in the 80 to 86 Forums.......

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...hool-suck.html

Old 03-05-2010, 04:01 PM
nighthawk283
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I think it is a target because people also don't take there eyes off mine truck when I pass them and like before someone threw like chocolate on my tailgate and it melt all the way down.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:05 PM
darthice
Elder User
I HATE IGNORANT PEOPLE people who cant pay attention or do not have the common courtesy to admit they screwed your crap up should be shot i mean jeez I was already looking at $1850 to get a dent pulled out of one side of my truck and have it repainted now IDK how much it will cost with the additional dent

Old 03-05-2010, 04:11 PM
fatdan460
Post Fiend
my truck has 9 iches of lift loud exhaust and its bright red. for some odd reason its as if its invisible to other drivers. people regularly pull out in front om me and i had a guy i worked with back his f 150 into mine in a parking lot and another guy backed into it in a frozen cornfield. and countless dings and chips in my rocker panels and lower doors from inconsiderate jackholes in parking lots.

Old 03-05-2010, 04:23 PM
darthice
Elder User
and they are never there when you find it i would love to catch someone doing it to mine i would drag them out of their car if they tried to drive off and either A) take the damages to my truck out of their butt or B) Call the cops and report them for attempted hit and run

Old 03-05-2010, 04:26 PM
fatdan460
Post Fiend
most people have no respect for anyone other than themselves if they even have that.its not just a common courtesy to tell you about the accident its the LAW. bet who ever did it was drunk or didnt have insurance

Old 03-05-2010, 04:35 PM
darthice
Elder User
Exactly a friend of mine got arrested for hit and run becase he barely hit a parked car and someone saw him instead of sticking around and doing the right thing he just kept driving and the cops got him and inpounded his rig. I told him he was a retard for doing that and he was like shutup. he wont do that again lol

Old 03-05-2010, 06:44 PM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
Our '87 has the rear bumper sort of curled under on the left side. My mother took it to town when we still had it on the road, and I noticed it when I went outside when she got back. Since then, I've ripped the bumper off pulling hay wagons around and welded it back on, so it's sort of a moot point now. It's the flimsy rear bumper they put on some F-150's, real thin metal that rusted out bad on top(but aside from the rust, there are shiny parts, and the bumper stickers are protecting about 80% of its surface area). If I cared, and if the frame weren't full of rust holes from the leaf springs back, I'd put a good bumper on it from my donor, but...

Yeah, I do think these trucks are targets, in the sense that most people see them as junkers/beaters/clunkers, not worth anything so it doesn't matter.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:51 PM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
Back when my dad owned the 95 that I had for a few years. He got backed into three times in 18 months. Best part was that twice it was the same guy in two different random parking lots. He saw it happen every time, so no one could drive away.

When I had that truck, I was backed into once by one of my friends who was pulling out of school and had forgotten something, so she immediately just put in in reverse without looking behind her car. Every once in awhile I get a stray pop bottle or something in my bed.

Old 03-05-2010, 07:11 PM
SaikotikGunman
Posting Guru
Truck beds are garbage magnets. If I see trash sitting on the ground, I'll often toss it in the back of by truck. It'll probably blow out and end up on the ground again, but at least I tried.

I'm in a bad habit of tossing receipts and other trash behind my bench, then going back there for my tiedown kit and having to dig through a pile of paper and wrappers to find it.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:13 PM
skyfox10
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by SaikotikGunman
Truck beds are garbage magnets. If I see trash sitting on the ground, I'll often toss it in the back of by truck. It'll probably blow out and end up on the ground again, but at least I tried.
I know exactly what you mean. I've done the same thing with the same results.

Old 03-05-2010, 08:36 PM
White_Knuckles
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree completely. I got pulled over and questioned about driving drunk because somebody threw a dozen empties in the back of my truck. And I don't even want to look behind my bench seat. lol.

Old 03-05-2010, 11:35 PM
truckrider814
Posting Guru

Hey it could be worse yall could have a whole backseat to fill up then it's even worse hahaha,
but yeah same thing happens to me all the time i may use my bed as a trash can at times but that's me, it don't mean you can too, i hit the fan when even some of the people i hang out with do it. A ex friend of mine left a thing of fries in my back floorboard i found it that night and threw it out and told her she said well did you get them out then whats the big deal, haha bad thing to say i hid a cheese burger up under her back seat, it took her two weeks to find it and she was so **** i told her well did you get it out what's the big deal then. told her pay backs a (yeah you know what goes here)

Old 03-06-2010, 12:02 AM
A1C DiMaggio
Senior User
it was probably a chevy guy that was jealous of your truck lol. my friend destroyed a volvo a few months ago because the guy pulled out in front of him. all he needed was a new bull bar

Quick Reply: Do these trucks have a big target on them