1. Check the brake fluid level in the brake master cylinder reservoir.
o If required, remove the fluid until the brake master cylinder reservoir is half full.
2. Remove the wheel and tire.
3. CAUTION: Do not allow the brake caliper to hang by the flexible brake hose or damage to the hose may occur. Remove the 2 brake caliper guide pin caps and bolts and position the caliper and brake pad assembly aside.
o Support the caliper using mechanic's wire.
o Remove and discard the guide pin bushings.
o Inspect the guide pin threads for damage, install new guide pin(s) as necessary.
4. Remove the brake pads from the caliper.
5. Inspect the brake pads for wear or contamination and install new pads as necessary.
6. Using a suitable clamp, press the piston into the caliper.
7. Inspect the brake disc and resurface or install a new brake disc as necessary.
1. Clean, dry and inspect the brake caliper anchor plate. Apply equal amounts of the supplied yellow lubricant to the 4 brake pad contact points on the anchor plate as shown.
2. CAUTION: Do not apply lubricant to guide pin threads or incorrect tightening of the guide pins may result. Install new brake hardware as follows:
o Apply equal amounts of the supplied white lubricant to the inside of the guide pin bushings.
o Install the guide pin bushings into the caliper bores.
o Install the guide pins into the bushings.
3. Install the brake pads to the caliper.
4. Position the caliper onto the anchor plate and install the 2 brake caliper guide pin bolts.
o To install, tighten to 38 Nm (28 lb-ft).
o Clean and dry guide pin threads as necessary.
5. Install the wheel and tire.
6. Apply the brake several times to verify correct brake operation.
Are the caliber bolts on the frount and rear a special size ? I looked at them this weekend and they look tike a hex ( allen ) but the sets I had did not fit . Could they be a size that doe not come in the standard sets that someone would buy. Like a standard metric set comes with a 8mm and 10 mm but no 9 mm.
This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. FordŽ is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company.