Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Tennessee Chapter Join Chapter Leader: Neal 97 250

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-03-2010, 12:10 PM
Junior User

viking89 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Diesel mechanica near Memphis(Cordova)

Hello everyone

I'm trying to find a good mechanic that could do a pre-buy inspection on a 2000 F350.
The truck is in Cordova TN. If anyone can recommend a shop that is reasonably close by I would greatly appreciate it. I live in Florida and don't want to fly up there and the truck be a POS.

viking89
Old 03-03-2010, 09:27 PM
Pestiferous Nuisance

Greywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputationGreywolf has a superb reputation
I have a next door neighbor who's been working on BIG diesel for a little over a year now, who was an exceptional mechanic before he got into that - but I don't know if he would be interested in a thing like this.

I would have to ask him about it. I need to borrow an inch-pound TQ from him this weekend anyway.

But I suspect you are looking for an outright professional shop to do a complete pre-inspection for you. I can see if he recommends anyone...
Old 03-06-2010, 11:49 AM
Posting Guru

Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Diesel Care and Performance is a good shop in the Cordova area. I don't know how they stack up cost wise as they have been too backed up when I've needed work. I have used Christian Brothers Automotive in Cordova as they have a good diesel mechanic that used to work at DC&P. They are not cheap. but they are good. Google either of these using 38016 for a zip code.
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
54 F100 (sold! at least the MH has a Ford V10)
Old 04-19-2010, 04:49 PM
Elder User

hott-rodd is starting off with a positive reputation.
I think we could keep a good diesel tech busy around this town.
I'm looking for one also.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:12 PM
Hangin 10 bra

scottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud of
The guys at Diesel Care and Performance Inc 1-800-961-9290 are really good and fair in my eyes and know many others that have gone there. Shoot me ur info via pm and see if I can help in anyway. I am always glad to help out others.
Scott
Scott TN Chapter member and Official #21 Slackmaster!
2004 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L Diesel King Ranch FX4. Moonroof, heated seats, slider back window, 2005-07 Modified grill, headlights, blacked out windows, tinted cab lights, tinted mirror blinkers, wig wag, EGR Delete, cb with exterior speaker mount, 7" dvd/GPS radio.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:41 PM
Hangin 10 bra

scottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud ofscottzj has much to be proud of
Opps sorry didnt realize this was an older post, but still let me know if I can assist. My good buddy and one of the best diesel mechanics passed away a few years ago, Sean Bias (RIP), so its been a few years since I have had a diesel, so trying to get a feel on everyone.
2004 F250 Crew Cab 6.0L Diesel King Ranch FX4. Moonroof, heated seats, slider back window, 2005-07 Modified grill, headlights, blacked out windows, tinted cab lights, tinted mirror blinkers, wig wag, EGR Delete, cb with exterior speaker mount, 7" dvd/GPS radio.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:29 AM
Posting Guru

Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Fifty4F100 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If I understand correctly, Diesel Care and Performance has moved to Millington.
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
Old 04-20-2010, 10:39 AM
Hangin 10 bra

Hmmm I didnt know that....I will have to check on this and see. I work on the Navy Base, so that would mean they are close to me.
Old 04-20-2010, 08:55 PM
Posting Guru

My source:

http://www.dieselcare.us/

What do the base personnel think of your hair?
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
Old 04-21-2010, 06:13 AM
Hangin 10 bra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifty4F100 View Post
What do the base personnel think of your hair?
Well they just call me Steven Seagal, as I usually pull it slicked back in a pony tail. But I used to shave my head for years until I had reconstructive shoulder surgery. During that 6 months, I couldnt shave my head and it started to grow. I asked those around me, what they thought about me having long hair, and most didnt care. So I said, what the heck, and grew it out. 3 years later and somehow, I still have it. My wife cant believe I have lasted this long with it.

Oh Glenn, where in Bartlett do you live? I live north side off Old Brownsville in the River Crest Neighborhood....on Misty River Road.
Old 04-21-2010, 09:24 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottzj View Post
Well they just call me Steven Seagal, as I usually pull it slicked back in a pony tail. But I used to shave my head for years until I had reconstructive shoulder surgery. During that 6 months, I couldnt shave my head and it started to grow. I asked those around me, what they thought about me having long hair, and most didnt care. So I said, what the heck, and grew it out. 3 years later and somehow, I still have it. My wife cant believe I have lasted this long with it.

Oh Glenn, where in Bartlett do you live? I live north side off Old Brownsville in the River Crest Neighborhood....on Misty River Road.
Way on the other side. I live on 7th Road near Hwy 70 and Yale. I need a haircut right now myself!
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
Old 08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Elder User

hott-rodd is starting off with a positive reputation.
Wow,
Diesel care wants $3200 labor for head gasket job, plus 250 to check head and 250 for gaskets. I have got to find a decent priced mechanic.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:22 AM
Posting Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by hott-rodd View Post
Wow,
Diesel care wants $3200 labor for head gasket job, plus 250 to check head and 250 for gaskets. I have got to find a decent priced mechanic.
Did you try Christian Brothers on Houston Levee?
06 Saturn Vue
03 Nissan Altima
Old 08-04-2010, 08:22 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Southern Region > Tennessee Chapter

Tags
automotive, brothers, christian, diesel, ford, memphis, reviews, truck