1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Marker lights on 06 tow mirrors.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2010, 01:53 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Marker lights on 06 tow mirrors.

Is their any way to make these lights on the tow mirrors brighter on the 06s?

Old 03-02-2010, 01:58 PM
A H DEVELOPMENT
Elder User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would imagine you would have to upgrade your mirrors to an aftermarket of some type.

How do hybrids taste???????????

Old 03-02-2010, 03:20 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
I wouldnt wanna get diff lookin mirrors lol as i do like the OEM ones alot. But i was wonderin if they have any after market LEDS or somthing that will fit in the stock housing or somthing.

BTW, hybrids taaaaaaste greattt. I gotta prius mirror stuck in my grille. and my truck dont seem to wanna let it go

Old 03-02-2010, 05:18 PM
A H DEVELOPMENT
Elder User
I think there are aftermarket tow mirrors for SuperDuty trucks that look like the OEM ones, but I was just thinking that the brand of LED's might be different (bighter) than the stock ones.

Does it look like the LED's can be removed easily????????

Old 03-02-2010, 11:59 PM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
It looks like the enlcosure just pops off. Itd be nice to just change the LEDs out instead of buyin new mirrors.

Old 03-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Downriver Thunder
Posting Guru
I think they are bright enough but wish they would show from the driver's point of view instead of the back seat passenger.

Old 03-03-2010, 11:32 AM
A H DEVELOPMENT
Elder User
Originally Posted by i eat hybrids
It looks like the enlcosure just pops off. Itd be nice to just change the LEDs out instead of buyin new mirrors.

You know seems like if the wiring & attachment for the LEDs inside the enclosure is simple. You could just remove the stock LEDs and install a small direct wire LED strip in its place,that is brighter or has more LEDs. Depending on how the stock LED is attached, you might can just glue the new LED in place. I think most LED voltage/amps specs are very low so I dont think that it would even be an issue. You know if I were you I would change the color to something that makes your truck look cool and unique. Oh yeah, I have some Autozone automotive LEDs at home that are individualized single units that are designed so that you can install them in a base of your choice, but they are not bright at all, but they may make some that are.

Old 03-03-2010, 02:06 PM
Downriver Thunder
Posting Guru
Old 03-03-2010, 03:04 PM
A H DEVELOPMENT
Elder User
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Downriver Thunder

Well there you go, looks like that will work perfectly you get to upgrade LEDs & lenses while keeping OEM look, good link Downriver Thunder.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Downriver Thunder
Posting Guru
Thanks. I thought of them but the way they are positioned you still can't see them from the driver's seat. I don't know why they didn't integrate the leds into the glass like all the others.

Old 03-04-2010, 08:06 AM
i eat hybrids
Post Fiend
Thanks for the post! I wonder how much brighter those are? Ill be deff puttin em on my lsit of things to do.

Old 06-04-2010, 09:34 AM
RescueHoundEMTD
New User
How to get them apart?

Hello,

I just bought a 03 King Ranch 350 PS. I want to do the upgrade because my drivers side lense must have been hit slightly. The running LEDs are like BARELY on like you have to cup your hand over them to see them at all. How do you get the OEM's off? Do they they pull out or are there hidden bolts somewhere inside the mirror? I have never taken one of these apart.

Thanks for the link and for your help.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:13 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Well I put the Recon LED smoked ones on my F250 and think they look stylish and bright.

Old 06-04-2010, 11:17 AM
scottzj
Hangin 10 bra
Originally Posted by RescueHoundEMTD
Hello,

I just bought a 03 King Ranch 350 PS. I want to do the upgrade because my drivers side lense must have been hit slightly. The running LEDs are like BARELY on like you have to cup your hand over them to see them at all. How do you get the OEM's off? Do they they pull out or are there hidden bolts somewhere inside the mirror? I have never taken one of these apart.

Thanks for the link and for your help.
There are 3 hidden screw bolts behind the glass. You to move the glass as much as possible each directions to get them. A small LED flashlight helps out too. Once you remove the backing piece, you just pop out the side light and replace it with another. I think I might have my stock blinkers you could have, but I think one of them were cracked somewhat.

Old 06-04-2010, 06:23 PM
jsimon724
Elder User
Originally Posted by Downriver Thunder
Thanks. I thought of them but the way they are positioned you still can't see them from the driver's seat. I don't know why they didn't integrate the leds into the glass like all the others.
Because putting them in the glass so they flash in your face and ruin your night vision and annoy and distract you while you're driving is a stupid idea that some Chevy "engineer" came up with. The purpose of running lights and turn signals is to alert OTHER drivers of your presence and/or intentions. You should already know where you are and where you're going. If you don't, there's a little green flashing arrow on your dash to remind you that your turn signal is on.

BTW, I have the Recon clears on mine, and while I'm not sure that they're any brighter, I do like the way they look with my chrome mirrors.

Quick Reply: Marker lights on 06 tow mirrors.