1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

48 cab hitting frame

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 06:46 PM
ghart
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
48 cab hitting frame

while putting my new floor in, i noticed that the rear passenger side of the cab is resting on the frame. the driver side is being supported by the cab mount arm. the passenger side arm seems fine but isn't holding the cab up in the air. is any of this stuff adjustable? should i just shim the passenger side cab mount where it meets the body?

Old 03-01-2010, 06:52 PM
mytbtruck
Laughing Gas
Mine was like that and I found the mount on the frame where the dog bone goes was torn off the frame at the top and bent down far enough to let the cab rest on the frame. Straighten the mount, rewelded it and replaced the dog bones and worked ok.

Old 03-01-2010, 07:56 PM
jmadsen
Logistics Pro
Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
also check the nylon bushings on each end of the support arms, maybe just worn through? but as Mytbtruck mentions having that much drop in it could have something bent as well.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:37 PM
ghart
Senior User
upon initial inspection, those arms seem to be ok. they are the originals though... worth replacing?

guess i should check and see if that mount is bent down. thx for the tip

Old 03-10-2010, 09:48 PM
Poletech
New User
Originally Posted by ghart
upon initial inspection, those arms seem to be ok. they are the originals though... worth replacing?

guess i should check and see if that mount is bent down. thx for the tip
The arms are fairly cheap, and not that hard to replace. I would just replace them. Check with National Parts Depot, They have them for $20 each. Or Midwest Early Ford.

NPDLink | National Parts Depot

Midwest Early Ford - Ford Reproduction Parts - Ford car and truck parts from 1928-1956