1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

Diagrams of fuel bowl housing

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2013, 11:49 AM
funkeymonkey4x4
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK i need help from any one who has ever changed the fuel heater plug that is located on the side of the fuel bowl. I dumped an entire tank of gas from this thing and I am really upset. I have a gushing diesel leak right from the center of the sensor and dont know what to do.. please I beg anyone and everyone for help with this issue. I just replaced the damn mechanical pump and all the hoses to have this happen to me right after. I think I am still lucky the damn thing sure smoked but did not catch fire thank god.

Originally Posted by RÖENTGEEP
I think you need only this connector (in the center of the pic), but I dont know the # part , maybe some one chime in later if thats the connector.

Old 01-23-2013, 12:01 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by funkeymonkey4x4
OK i need help from any one who has ever changed the fuel heater plug that is located on the side of the fuel bowl. I dumped an entire tank of gas from this thing and I am really upset. I have a gushing diesel leak right from the center of the sensor and dont know what to do.. please I beg anyone and everyone for help with this issue. I just replaced the damn mechanical pump and all the hoses to have this happen to me right after. I think I am still lucky the damn thing sure smoked but did not catch fire thank god.
WOW this is an old thread. Well if you are talking about the piece I put the part number, it has an o-ring, maybe just changing the o-ring is enought, to stop the leak, or maybe you have to change all the part. IDK.

Old 01-24-2013, 04:18 PM
funkeymonkey4x4
New User
FOUND MY LEAK>>>>>>>

Check it out... It is the sensor/thermostat for the fuel heater. I removed my lead from the connector and it fell apart. now I am not spraying fuel. I have a river of fuel. Spent 45 dollars for the part and stopped my leak. I have posted a video online through photo bucket that I would like everyone to check out. I had a small leak for quite some time after replacing my fuel pump and all the hoses going to the fuel filter reservoir that I was unable to locate. Finally It gave making the leak easy to locate.

MOV03451_zps79647613.mp4 video by funkeymonkey4x4 | Photobucket

MOV03453_zps9ef12cda.mp4 video by funkeymonkey4x4 | Photobucket

hope this can help others...

WOW this is an old thread. Well if you are talking about the piece I put the part number, it has an o-ring, maybe just changing the o-ring is enought, to stop the leak, or maybe you have to change all the part. IDK.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 AM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Wink

FOUND MY LEAK>>>>>>>

Check it out... It is the sensor/thermostat for the fuel heater. I removed my lead from the connector and it fell apart. now I am not spraying fuel. I have a river of fuel. Spent 45 dollars for the part and stopped my leak. I have posted a video online through photo bucket that I would like everyone to check out. I had a small leak for quite some time after replacing my fuel pump and all the hoses going to the fuel filter reservoir that I was unable to locate. Finally It gave making the leak easy to locate.

MOV03451_zps79647613.mp4 video by funkeymonkey4x4 | Photobucket

MOV03453_zps9ef12cda.mp4 video by funkeymonkey4x4 | Photobucket

hope this can help others...
Glad you found the HUGE leak. The part # was the correct?.

Old 01-26-2013, 12:48 AM
funkeymonkey4x4
New User
Glad you found the HUGE leak. The part # was the correct?.

Damn..... I have been leaking diesel for about a year now.. and with the first freeze of the season I had the mechanical pump fail. I decided I was going to fix my leaks. Replaced all my hoses to the fuel filter housing and the mechanical pump. when I was done I had a minor leak from somewhere on the fuel bowl and had trouble even with an inspection mirror in locating it. I was unable to locate the leak.

To make a long story short I was on my way to class and my truck began to puff out thick heavy white smoke from under the hood when I came to a stoplight. By this point my recently filled fuel tank was registering around half on the gauge. I sped back to my house where I ended up with a 1/4 tank left.

As for the part It was the the fuel heater connector / thermostat 9J294. I believe ford calls it the heater assembly F4TZ-9J294-A.

Old 01-28-2013, 12:25 PM
RÖENTGEEP
FOREIGN GURU

Wink

Damn..... I have been leaking diesel for about a year now.. and with the first freeze of the season I had the mechanical pump fail. I decided I was going to fix my leaks. Replaced all my hoses to the fuel filter housing and the mechanical pump. when I was done I had a minor leak from somewhere on the fuel bowl and had trouble even with an inspection mirror in locating it. I was unable to locate the leak.

To make a long story short I was on my way to class and my truck began to puff out thick heavy white smoke from under the hood when I came to a stoplight. By this point my recently filled fuel tank was registering around half on the gauge. I sped back to my house where I ended up with a 1/4 tank left.

As for the part It was the the fuel heater connector / thermostat 9J294. I believe ford calls it the heater assembly F4TZ-9J294-A.
Ok, it is the same number I posted, thanks