Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Electrical Systems/Wiring
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-01-2010, 08:28 AM
Junior User

rbrad6937 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Can you identify this Relay???

2000 Excursion 4X4, V10, limited.
In the engine compartment there are 2 small relay boxes right along the side of the master brake cylinder on the fender side. The first one is almost touching the power brake booster and the second one is right in front of it. The second relay box is clicking constantly even after I shut off the truck. Do you know if this relay is associated with the 4X4 system? Will it cause the 4X4 dash indicator to not light up when I try to engage into 4HI? I cannot find any reference anywhere as to what this is associated with. Can anyone help me with this?

Thanks,
Robert
Old 03-03-2010, 03:08 PM
Elder User

Cowboy65 has a very good reputation on FTE.Cowboy65 has a very good reputation on FTE.Cowboy65 has a very good reputation on FTE.Cowboy65 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Follows is a link to a PDF of your owner's manual. Look in the Fuses & Relays section beginning on page 138. There are layouts of each box with a description of each relays function.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../00hdwog1e.pdf
2006 F250 6.0 PSD SC SB ESOF FX4 XLT 3.73LS; BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO 265/70R17; Diesel Site Coolant Filter; Shell Rotella T Synthetic 5W-40; WeatherGuard Tool Box; Stanadyne Performance Fuel Additive; Brand Motion iPod Adapter; Line-X Bed Liner; Leveling Kit; B&W Gooseneck Hitch; DashBoss; Wet Okole Seat Covers; Du-HA Underseat Storeage; BriteBox
Old 03-03-2010, 08:02 PM

Franklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant futureFranklin2 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowboy65 View Post
Follows is a link to a PDF of your owner's manual. Look in the Fuses & Relays section beginning on page 138. There are layouts of each box with a description of each relays function.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pub.../00hdwog1e.pdf
I believe you might have to save that file and email it to him. It won't let me in and probably won't let him in either. That must be a site you pay for.

I appreciate you replying and helping out.

1989 F250 XLT Diesel
Old 03-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Post Fiend

subford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud ofsubford has much to be proud of
That is Free.
What the link is to is the 2000 Excursion Owner's Guide 1st printing.

To get to it go to:
http://www.motorcraftservice.com/vdi...ICLE=Excursion

Then click on "Owner's Guide 1st printing".
Then click "View Content"
Then click on "Roadside emergencies" on the left.

You also download the whole manual.
77 F250 351M-2V NP 435/4 Speed 4X4
subford@gmail.com
Bill K, Kansas Chapter
Old 03-04-2010, 12:40 PM
Elder User

Cowboy65 has a very good reputation on FTE.Cowboy65 has a very good reputation on FTE.Cowboy65 has a very good reputation on FTE.Cowboy65 has a very good reputation on FTE.
My link is to a free site, however I'm not quite sure why it doesn't work from the previous post. It may have to do with a security certificate problem. Try the following link instead:

https://www.flmowner.com/servlet/Con.../Page/HomePage

At the home page select "GloveBox" from the upper row menu, then "Owners Guide", then select the make, model, & year of the vehicle.
2006 F250 6.0 PSD SC SB ESOF FX4 XLT 3.73LS; BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A KO 265/70R17; Diesel Site Coolant Filter; Shell Rotella T Synthetic 5W-40; WeatherGuard Tool Box; Stanadyne Performance Fuel Additive; Brand Motion iPod Adapter; Line-X Bed Liner; Leveling Kit; B&W Gooseneck Hitch; DashBoss; Wet Okole Seat Covers; Du-HA Underseat Storeage; BriteBox
Old 03-04-2010, 12:40 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Misc. > Electrical Systems/Wiring

Tags
2000, diesel, excursion, ford, id, identify, light, relay, relays, truck