Sponsored by: DP Tuner

No Throttle

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 08:41 PM
Jerry Edwards
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool No Throttle

The truck from hell is back to screwing up again,frustraiting!I heard that the wires can rub through under the master cylinder,i checked that,it started rubbing through the sheathing but not the wires.I replaced the sheathing and zip tied it away from the lines so it wouldn't rub anymore.I also washed the motor so i could make sure the electrical plugs and wires over the valve covers were ok.They looked fine too.Any other ideas?

Old 09-25-2010, 09:32 AM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

My Excursion is doing this and throwing the 221 code, but I can get her going by changing the fuse #45. Did you ever figure it out?

Old 09-25-2010, 05:38 PM
Jerry Edwards
Junior User
Sorry haven't bine around.I put a new peddle it fixed it for a short period of time (three of them).Now it seems to be working as far as responce.But recently at light throttle it started surging going slow,coming up with code 231.It says can be caused by secondary fuel pump circuit failure.Now my truck is doing it cruising down the highway,but if you put it in cruise it's fine.Now the only code it has is for the peddle.

Old 09-26-2010, 07:44 PM
Jerry Edwards
Junior User
Today I drove it for around 75 miles before it screwed up with no codes,then it screwed up checked the codes and got PO122 again.Now Ford is getting sued for the throttle,I don't know if I want to just buy a new Ford throttle or wait to get one for free.

Old 09-27-2010, 09:14 AM
BillyBob69
Lead Driver

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Just curious, but with new parts....especially electronic parts, have you reset the PCM after installing any of them? Could be that the PCM still thinks it's the old one and is freaking out with the new one since it is getting different feedback from it than what it is set for.

Old 09-28-2010, 02:21 PM
LRODEO
New User
MY TRUCK KEEPS BLOWING THIS FUSE, ANY IDEA WHAT COULD BE CAUSEING THE FUSE TO BLOW, AND I HAVE ALREADY RELACED THE PEDAL AND SENSOR. WHAT DOES PCM STAND FOR

Old 09-28-2010, 04:33 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Received 188 Likes on 112 Posts
LRODEO,

Please be specific.

What is the year of your truck? Your profile says you've got a 1999, but you didn't say for sure.

What fuse number is blowing? Unlike the post above, there is no Fuse #45 in a 1999.

Pop

Old 09-28-2010, 05:31 PM
Jmatthews
is a BAAAD MAN

Originally Posted by SpringerPop
LRODEO,

Please be specific.

What is the year of your truck? Your profile says you've got a 1999, but you didn't say for sure.

What fuse number is blowing? Unlike the post above, there is no Fuse #45 in a 1999.

Pop
#45 is on my Excursion it says- ignition switch Run/ Start feed. It also throws a 221 code.

I gave Ed my VIN and for my application the throttle assembly is $77. I guess i'll have to ink up on that to see if it helps me.

Old 09-28-2010, 05:41 PM
PaysonPSD
Post Fiend
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
For those having throttle response problems here is an FYI thread that is specific to year and TPS type . LINK

Old 09-28-2010, 06:29 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Another thought here, guys.

The reason I asked LRODEO his year and fuse number is that the infamous wear-through of the insulation on the wires to the Overdrive Cancel Switch blows the fuse (under-dash #19) supplying the Idle Validation Switch, too.

His is an earlier year, I believe the same as yours, Robin, and is wired differently, having two fuse/relay blocks.

Pop

Old 09-29-2010, 01:17 PM
LRODEO
New User
My truck is a 1999 and i am not sure the fuse number it is a small red 10 fuse, i have replaced the pedal, i changed the fuse and drove it maybe 50 miles and the fuse went again, i also lose my wait to start light and other dash lights.

the last time it stopped working when i got out of the truck i could smell a burnt smell so i am thinking i have something shorting out but i am not having problem with anything else on my truck other than the pedal

Old 09-29-2010, 03:51 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

Gotta' pretty-good idea what your problem is, but first we need you to confirm what fuse number you blew from the diagram below:

If it's Fuse #19, then it's the wiring to your Overdrive Cancel Switch that's worn through the insulation and shorting out. Read this:
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/9...ml#post8749686

Fix it with Scotch #33 electrical tape after you've gotten all the metal spotlessly clean so the tape will stick to it where it's necessary. Don't just wrap the wires, but coat the metal with at least two layers of tape where the wires get close or touch.

Pop

Old 09-29-2010, 04:14 PM
LRODEO
New User
THANKS IT IS FUSE 19 THAT KEEPS BLOWING I WILL CHECK IT OUT THANKS
I DID HAVE AN NEW OVER DRIVE SWITCH PUT IN IT, MAYBE THEY MESSED SOMETHING UP WHEN DOING THAT

Old 09-29-2010, 04:25 PM
SpringerPop
Hotshot

The wires are tiny and the insulation is thin. It wears through easily.

Get that Scotch 33+ electrical tape. It's the best there is, with the best adhesive. Make sure the metal is CLEAN with a good solvent to get good adhesion. Use a couple layers of tape.

Move the shift lever through the gears while watching that wire. Put tape anywhere the wire gets near metal.

Pop

Old 09-29-2010, 07:18 PM
eggturner
Junior User
had same problem on my 03 excursion. wires in the steering column were rubbed bare and would blow the fuse when steering right or at random times when shifting. That fuse controlled the fuel pedal therefore it would start and idle fine but no acceleration.

May not be your exact problem but sounds similiar.

Quick Reply: No Throttle