Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Almost spring (march) B.S. thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 03:08 PM
jhand124
Posting Guru
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Afternoon, everyone. We are down in southern MN, spending the rest of spring break with the in laws.

What are you guys up to this week/weekend?

Old 03-31-2010, 03:16 PM
Skattracker3
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok, now I am worried again. I thought that my 02 F350 V10 was not under that recall, but after looking at Thomas's website, it lists it. I did the VIN check that I can not remember who posted, but I think I will try the dreaded Ford dealer now. I better put my stock tune back in before I go so they do not screw it up.

No wait I found it, Steve was the nice guy to post the ford recall. I called the local Ford dealer and he was suprised that I was able to look it up on the Ford website. He thought that only Ford dealers could look it up on there. I guess Steve either has connections or he is a hacker like we discussed before. Ha Ha Just joking Steve. I can not wait to hear how you like your Y pipe.

Old 03-31-2010, 03:46 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jhand124
Afternoon, everyone. We are down in southern MN, spending the rest of spring break with the in laws.

What are you guys up to this week/weekend?
Hey Jason well at least your having good weather for spring break! We are heading to the cities on Sat morn and then to my brothers in afternoon and then coming back on sunday. Thats about it nothing to exciting. Next week is the exciting part on wed my BTS gets built!!

Originally Posted by Skattracker2
Ok, now I am worried again. I thought that my 02 F350 V10 was not under that recall, but after looking at Thomas's website, it lists it. I did the VIN check that I can not remember who posted, but I think I will try the dreaded Ford dealer now. I better put my stock tune back in before I go so they do not screw it up.

No wait I found it, Steve was the nice guy to post the ford recall. I called the local Ford dealer and he was suprised that I was able to look it up on the Ford website. He thought that only Ford dealers could look it up on there. I guess Steve either has connections or he is a hacker like we discussed before. Ha Ha Just joking Steve. I can not wait to hear how you like your Y pipe.
So did I miss it somewhere is your truck on the recall or not? What did the dealer say? Dont leave us hangin like this!!! Lol If I see smoke that way I might get worried.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:18 PM
Skattracker3
Posting Guru
Troy,

According to the Ford website when I enetered my vin before it said no recalls, and on the right it did not list the gassers as part of the recall. When I looked at Thomas's site, it said it may be. I called the dealership, but they need the vin. I am leaning right now to it is not recalled, but I will check with the dealer tommorow.

What is actually the problem, is it somthing to do with the wires being to small and heating up, or what?

Old 03-31-2010, 04:23 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The funny thing about that recall was that it was originally ONLY for the gassers and then the diesels were brought in also. Weird.

Hey Jason. We are going to have my mom & dad and my sister and her two kids over on Sunday but otherwise not much planned for the weekend.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:39 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by Skattracker2

That web site is available to the general public, but a beotch to find, I book marked it when they were debating about it in the Excursion forum.

It has something to do with not having a fused link in the speed control, and the units were found to have sometype of issue that a fuse would eliminate the vehicle catching on fire, like some actually did.

Old 03-31-2010, 04:59 PM
Skattracker3
Posting Guru
Apparently there has been a rash of them starting on fire around here.

Jason, Glad to see you have good weather so far this week. I have Good Friday off, so time to get some yard work done if not raining. If it is I guess I get to work on the other lawnmower.

Old 03-31-2010, 07:10 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Evening guys! Hope everybody had a good day! Mine was busy which is the way I like it!

Lee I am glad to hear your truck is not part of the recall as of now. I think the parts to fix it only cost like 15-20 bucks so if I owned a gasser I think I would buy the parts and do it myself for piece of mind. But that is up to you.

Old 03-31-2010, 08:48 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evening guys! How goes it?

Old 03-31-2010, 08:53 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Hey David!! I am doing good. How about you? Well we are on our last night of the March BS thread! By far we set a record for total posts!

Old 03-31-2010, 08:59 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
I'm good as well, thanks! Yeah, it's been good fun too.

Now we'll have to break it again in April! Hopefully more action in here will attract a few people...

Old 03-31-2010, 09:04 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Yeah it has really picked up in here this month! Hopefully we can have a few GTG's to this summer and spark some new interst and meet some new people!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:08 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Yeah, I will be making it to some of them. It'll be cool to meet you all!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:12 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Yeah I have met some but will be fun to meet more of you.

Hey did you check out the fire pics on page 82? Pretty intense fire!

Old 03-31-2010, 09:15 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
I just checked them out. Quite the fire...

Quick Reply: Almost spring (march) B.S. thread