Minnesota Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: fordpower88

Almost spring (march) B.S. thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 10:27 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Snowmobiling was good. We did have a few incidents though. My buddy drove his F150 that had some recent frontend work done. Ended up having the passenger front caliper lose the lower bolt. It then cut a nice groove into the rim which blew in half as we came to a stop. That was fun.

My trailer managed to put two different scuffs into my snowmobile hood and I somehow blew out the rear shocks on my sled. No fun riding on bumpy trails with springs only.

And then we were checking tire pressure on the trailer before we left and one valve stem came out in my hand when I was taking the cap off. Luckily the spare was good.

Other than that I still had fun. It did cut into the riding time though. Oh well.

Old 03-01-2010, 10:46 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by MN_Viking
Good Morning guys, the coffee is certainly helping me as I wait to head out. I wih I had a lil Viking running around of my own.

Troy, I found a full daily driver build of it on poerstrokenation. The more I read the more I like it. I can't believe International built a better inline 6 than cummins and ford didn't jump on it.

Oh and speaking of the race, I think they need to adopt what the Japanese do in their "Nascar" they add weight to their winners to balance out everyones power to weight ratio. Even though I do like seeing Jimmie Johnson kick some more butt haha.
Oh man a Jimmie Johnson fan, I wont hold that against ya. LOL I will have to check that out over on psn or if ya get a link that would be good to I would like to read up on that.

Originally Posted by DieselCamper01
Snowmobiling was good. We did have a few incidents though. My buddy drove his F150 that had some recent frontend work done. Ended up having the passenger front caliper lose the lower bolt. It then cut a nice groove into the rim which blew in half as we came to a stop. That was fun.

My trailer managed to put two different scuffs into my snowmobile hood and I somehow blew out the rear shocks on my sled. No fun riding on bumpy trails with springs only.

And then we were checking tire pressure on the trailer before we left and one valve stem came out in my hand when I was taking the cap off. Luckily the spare was good.

Other than that I still had fun. It did cut into the riding time though. Oh well.
Well I am glad you had a good time Jay even with all the trouble. Sounds like that would drive me to drinking. I am sure you didnt do any of that.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:44 PM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Nope. I didn't have a single drink...

I had multiples

Old 03-01-2010, 01:15 PM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Nope. I didn't have a single drink...

I had multiples

I'll drink to that!

Old 03-01-2010, 01:49 PM
mndiesel
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote=MN_Viking;8580325]Good Morning guys, the coffee is certainly helping me as I wait to head out. I wih I had a lil Viking running around of my own.

Troy, I found a full daily driver build of it on poerstrokenation. The more I read the more I like it. I can't believe International built a better inline 6 than cummins and ford didn't jump on it.

quote]

Terry,
Do you have a link to that build. I went there and looked and actually searched for it but I couldn't find. Thanks

Old 03-01-2010, 02:41 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Here ya go Tom. I found it and read it at noon. Pretty interesting!

DT-360 Conversion in progress - Powerstroke Nation

Old 03-01-2010, 05:50 PM
MN_Viking
Senior User

Sounds like a typical snowmobiling trip right there haha.

Originally Posted by fordpower88
Oh man a Jimmie Johnson fan, I wont hold that against ya. LOL I will have to check that out over on psn or if ya get a link that would be good to I would like to read up on that.
I really just am a fan of anyone who everyone hates, I was with gordon now im onto Double J

Good early evening Steve! haha

I see ya got the link up Troy, thanks!

Old 03-01-2010, 06:47 PM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Good evening Terry and everyone else hangin out! I think I am going to head back to the shop and work on the streetrod a little tonight.

Yeah Terry I found that thread on psn and it would be a cool build and not the norm either which is cool.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:06 PM
allis327
Tuned

Evening all
Sorry to hear about your trip Jay but at least you got out riding.
Good luck on the rod Troy.

Old 03-01-2010, 08:40 PM
dlibson
Hotshot
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey hey! March is here!

Getting the itch to get the bike out now!

Old 03-01-2010, 09:11 PM
MN_Viking
Senior User
My mechanic buddy just offered to buy my truck for a plow truck. My truck needs some work so I am thinking about selling it. He offered me 2800.....idk what to do. It needs a rebuilt motor or a running swap. I figure they make them everyday so I don't need to worry about selling it.

I really could use the money. Plus I could save up and buy a newer one when im on my feet financially.

Old 03-02-2010, 05:42 AM
sddesigns
Super Moderator

Received 150 Likes on 122 Posts
Good Morning All.......

Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Good morning Steve and the rest of MN! Hope everybody has a good Tuesday!

Originally Posted by MN_Viking
My mechanic buddy just offered to buy my truck for a plow truck. My truck needs some work so I am thinking about selling it. He offered me 2800.....idk what to do. It needs a rebuilt motor or a running swap. I figure they make them everyday so I don't need to worry about selling it.

I really could use the money. Plus I could save up and buy a newer one when im on my feet financially.
Hey Terry, Looks like you got a decision to make. I am not up on the values of the v10 trucks but that doesnt seem to bad for one that needs all that work you say. The nice part is you could save up and maybe get one with the diesel in it already and save yourself some work. Although it wouldn't have the DT360 in it.

Old 03-02-2010, 08:38 AM
DieselCamper01
Fleet Owner
Good morning.

That would be a tough decision to make Terry.

Old 03-02-2010, 10:04 AM
fordpower88
FTE Chapter Leader

Morning Jay! How did your monday go?

Quick Reply: Almost spring (march) B.S. thread