1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

4-Link NoLimit install

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2010, 09:30 PM
8bahead
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the cpp 4 link kit installed on my 53. It's mostly a bolt on, you have to enlarge some of the holes, and make a few notches on the brackets to clear some rivet's. The only welding required is the shock brackets to the housing. My kit didn't have the panhard rod it has a trac bar, it runs diagonal from right rear shock mount to left front frame mount.

It works quite well,ride is superb, compared to leaf springs!

Old 06-04-2010, 09:47 PM
Bikerjorge
Freshman User
It looks very clean, nice job :-). I am using Heidts setup on mine, I do like the fact that my coilovers are on the inside of my frame though.

Old 06-07-2010, 06:02 PM
8bahead
Senior User
Sorry rockher_man missed your post. Yes a sway bar, seems when I turn a corner too fast or pull in my driveway, my rear tires scrub my bedsides.
I have always read that panhard bars and or tracbar stop side to side motion. Sway bars are for body roll, that's all I know. It's something I need to address though.

Old 06-07-2010, 07:29 PM
1low50
Senior User
not needed long winded anyhow

Old 06-08-2010, 12:30 AM
2losteve
Senior User
My experience is with a flipped axle on stock leafs, with 2 removed. When I first drove the truck without shocks it rode pretty good except for the rebound. When I bought & installed shocks, I found the ride too stiff - I had bought some new shocks from the parts store that were the right length for my setup. So I went over to my local rod shop (Limeworks, Whittier, CA) to inquire about a solution. They found that the Monroe shocks that I bought were what they called 50/50 - equal dampening on both up & down movement. They turned me on to Pete & Jakes shocks for street rods. They're made for lighter cars (street rods) and have lighter dampening action. Since then (8 yrs ago), my truck has been a pleasure to drive.

Old 06-08-2010, 11:07 AM
rockher_man
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up sway bars...

Originally Posted by 8bahead
Sorry rockher_man missed your post. Yes a sway bar, seems when I turn a corner too fast or pull in my driveway, my rear tires scrub my bedsides.
I have always read that panhard bars and or tracbar stop side to side motion. Sway bars are for body roll, that's all I know. It's something I need to address though.
Kool...

I've been wondering about that for some time now....

Man....my project is SO far behind schedule.....

I've even been to a couple of local shops to inquire...

Team Z Motorsports - Suspension Kits and Components for hardcore Mustangs & more!

...some specialize in chassis work and some strictly motor work.

Holbrook Racing Engines

There are a few more....but you get the idea...

The opinions seem to vary depending on which crowd ya
speak too...

The 1320-folks see to have a different view from the street-rod folks...

Of course...a few shops I stopped at only wanted to know how much
$$$ I was interested in spending with them...

-

Old 06-08-2010, 03:37 PM
SVT-F100
Tuned

I wrote a reply hit a button before I was done and it disappeared... hmmm

Well if a weird incomplete worded post shows up its mine.

Old 06-08-2010, 03:43 PM
fergusonicford
Senior User
Was this it?.........

I Luv Fords and also w

Old 11-12-2010, 10:29 AM
rockher_man
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking 8.8way bar...?

Originally Posted by domdel63
hey ferguson love the 4 link. Do you think you could take a pic of the truck to see how it sits, I would be very greatful. Also if you check my gallery, you can see how I mounted my rear sway bar.

Dom DelVecchio
Dom...I was checking out your gallery...nice work!

I do not know much...OK...anything......about the 8.8 rear...sooooo...

The "sway bar" you are referring too..would be the funky thing protruding
thru the frame rail and making a 90* turn then attaching to the axle tube?

Is that an OEM piece?...

I DO like the "cage" type bridge work over the axle...nice work......

-

Old 11-12-2010, 09:39 PM
domdel63
New User
Originally Posted by rockher_man
Dom...I was checking out your gallery...nice work!

I do not know much...OK...anything......about the 8.8 rear...sooooo...

The "sway bar" you are referring too..would be the funky thing protruding
thru the frame rail and making a 90* turn then attaching to the axle tube?

Is that an OEM piece?...

I DO like the "cage" type bridge work over the axle...nice work......

-
Thanks rockher_man
All Suspension pieces are from a company in Ontario, Canada called (welderseriesDOTcom) . Check them out. You won't use anyone else. Phone them. They are very friendly, they are hotrod guys as well.
Control arms and coil overs are from speedway.

As for the bridge over the axle, it was actually a mistake, I cut the C notch too much into the frame. So that was my fix. Turned out alright.
8.8 rear is out of a 1999 Exploder, 3.73 limited slip, disc brakes. The only problem, the pumpkin is offset 3 inches towards the passenger side, so I cut the driverside axle tube off, and made it the same length as the passenger side. I also had to get another passengerside axle. Anything else just ask. Thanks again.
Domenic

Old 11-19-2016, 07:14 AM
ingo
More Turbo
Received 159 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by fergusonicford
Finally got my NoLimit "FatBar" 4-Link installed and can be seen in my album. Installation did not go without some hiccups; but was not all that difficult. I ordered the unit on a Tuesday and they said it would ship out that day except for the upper shock mounts. I called back Friday and asked for a Tracking number and they said it had not shipped yet but was going to that day. A week later I almost received them from the infamous UPS.....I received package 1 of 3 and 2 of 3 ; but package 3 of 3 was lost altho the record showed it had been delivered. Great. So I called NoLimit and they contacted UPS and a couple days later they said they are just sending a new package #3. Meanwhile I installed all that I could. A week later UPS delivered my new package #3 ....to the wrong address! Fortunately it was one block over and the home owner called me. Whew! (shocks and upper mtg brkt). I finished installing everything, let it down off of the jack stands and it was 2" higher in the back than the ride height I had wanted.(I had asked the tech at NoLimit if their unit would allow my truck to set at the ride height of about 1 1/2" from bottom of frame to top of axle housing and he assured me it would) Well, it wouldn't...even at the lowest setting. Also it was very stiff.....their claim to fame says that the spring rate is only 200# allowing for a smoother ride than the normal 350# of other kits. I called and wound up Returning for Exchange some that were 2" shorter.
Test drive was rewarding. New shocks/coilovers were better quality and were softer. It handled better, rode much smoother, and the tranny with a shift kit upgrade shifted much better....no leaf spring slapping. Pretty satisfied with the results.
I can say as mentioned by others here and there that the Instruction drawings were possibly hand drawn by a 3rd grader! Not impressive for the caliber of 4-Link they created. I am presently re-drawing their illustrations on computer and re-writing their Instructions hoping to complete within a week and send it to them. Maybe I will get a T-shirt or, if I'm lucky, maybe a "thanks".
@ fergusonicford Hey i know this tread is several years old but i´m interested in your drawings, would you send it to ingow68 (at) yahoo.com?
that would be nice
Thank you
ingo