Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

The Next Generation For those ages 15-25.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Street Queen to the extr3m3

Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.
Thinking of joining the military.

Its something i tried to do several years ago, but was unable to.
I am again thinking about it, but am unsure of it at the moment, i like the idea of it, but i dont like the idea of missing out on life.
Anybody else thought about joining?

I like bacon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain p4 View Post
chuckstrucks brings the lols and make cheeto look like a genius.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:26 AM
Elder User

da X-man is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
What do you mean missing out on life? I'm thinking about joining the corps when i graduate high school.
Old 03-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Posting Guru

scraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to beholdscraprat is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin4life View Post
Its something i tried to do several years ago, but was unable to.
I am again thinking about it, but am unsure of it at the moment, i like the idea of it, but i dont like the idea of missing out on life.
Anybody else thought about joining?
If you don't mind an older guy dropping in for a moment. Joined the Marines (0311/infantry) right out of High school did 4 years. Missing out on life is one thing you will not do.... got to see Japan (climbed Mt. Fugi), Philippines, Okinawa. Met tons of great guys. Lots of great memories. Plus the honor to serve the country. It can test what your made up of at times especially now in this world we live in.
Old 03-01-2010, 05:18 PM
Elder User

da X-man is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I'm thinking about joining the corps once I graduate high school. For me, it's not serving the country that makes me want to join, it's the brotherhood of marines. It seems like such a great experience.
Old 03-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Government Teat-sucker

stu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputationstu37d has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprat View Post
If you don't mind an older guy dropping in for a moment. Joined the Marines (0311/infantry) right out of High school did 4 years. Missing out on life is one thing you will not do.... got to see Japan (climbed Mt. Fugi), Philippines, Okinawa. Met tons of great guys. Lots of great memories. Plus the honor to serve the country. It can test what your made up of at times especially now in this world we live in.
Another old timer reports:
I don't feel like I missed out on any part of life as a result of the military. What do you think you'll miss out on? The only thing you have to give up is drugs- you don't want to mess with those, anyway.
I did my 20 in the navy, got to spend 2 years in Japan, climbed Mt Fuji, saw 'GI Jane' (the movie) in a Korean movie theater, pointed to a menu that was in Japanese and said "I'll have that" and enjoyed whatever it was immensely. I spent 3 years in Fallon, NV- hunting, fishing, skiing (snow and water), hiking, camping, off-roading, etc. I have been to about 20 countries and now that I am 44 years old, the military is not only paying my college tuition, they are paying me to go to school as well. I had the opportunity to go to a variety of schools and the navy paid for all of my travel and I also got to use tuition assistance to go to traditional college while I was sill on active duty. I got my first Bachelor Degree just before I retired- the navy paid for most of it. I'm now getting my second- the navy is paying for ALL of it.
You won't miss out on life. In fact, your friends will think they've missed out on life because they stayed home. There's a lot of veterans on this site, feel free to ask any of them about military life.
Jesus could come down from a cloud, turn the Washington Monument reflecting pool into wine, present a Lois Lerner email on carved into a stone tablet specifically naming Obama as directing targeted audits, and Elijah Cummings would still call it a witch hunt.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:35 PM

megawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputationmegawatt00 has a superb reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by scraprat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stu37d View Post
Another old timer reports:
I don't feel like I missed out on any part of life as a result of the military. What do you think you'll miss out on? The only thing you have to give up is drugs- you don't want to mess with those, anyway.
I did my 20 in the navy, got to spend 2 years in Japan, climbed Mt Fuji, saw 'GI Jane' (the movie) in a Korean movie theater, pointed to a menu that was in Japanese and said "I'll have that" and enjoyed whatever it was immensely. I spent 3 years in Fallon, NV- hunting, fishing, skiing (snow and water), hiking, camping, off-roading, etc. I have been to about 20 countries and now that I am 44 years old, the military is not only paying my college tuition, they are paying me to go to school as well. I had the opportunity to go to a variety of schools and the navy paid for all of my travel and I also got to use tuition assistance to go to traditional college while I was sill on active duty. I got my first Bachelor Degree just before I retired- the navy paid for most of it. I'm now getting my second- the navy is paying for ALL of it.
You won't miss out on life. In fact, your friends will think they've missed out on life because they stayed home. There's a lot of veterans on this site, feel free to ask any of them about military life.

Thank You both for excellent posts and for your service both are greatly appreciated.
01 F350 DRW, Autometer Gauges, Custom CAI with Petes Cover, 6" Miter Stacks, 38R Turbo, Casserly SS Injectors, Live tuned by DP-Tuner (F6) , and a bunch of other stuff some show, and some go. PAA #14
www.roadsidehelpnetwork.org
RIP Robin Gone but not forgotten....RIP Mark.. I'll never forget you!!
Old 03-03-2010, 08:14 PM
Senior User

EricW. is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Don, you'll never miss out on life, if I could've passed the medical requirements I'd have joined regular army...
Old 03-09-2010, 04:44 PM

Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.Truckin4life has a great reputation on FTE.
Its not so much really missing life. But missing the life i have now...
I have worked VERY hard for everything i have. Medical is what kept me from joining last time but i finally have a doctor that will help me out. Im still debating on it. Still doing lots of research.
Anything yall can add is great
Scraprat and stu37d think you for your input and thank you for your service.

I like bacon.

Quote:
Old 03-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Senior User

What are you worried about missing out on in your current situation?
Old 03-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Senior User

cOpE! is starting off with a positive reputation.
I am not an older guy (only one year to old to post on this forum) but I have 9 years of active duty service in the Air Force and am currently a recruiter. You wont miss out on a thing, no matter what branch you join. The experience is undescribable. And Ive built a lot of cool rides for next to nothing in the base hoby shop. Met alot of great people...pretty sure I havnt missed anything.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:31 AM

Im not reffering to missing out in life really.

I know there are expirences there that you can get no where else.

The life that i have formed for my self is what i am reffering to, i guess im curious where things will lead...

If i join the military i wouldn't be able to find those things out.

Im not saying no to the idea right now. Still considering it, quite strongly at the moment too.

I like bacon.

Quote:
Old 03-10-2010, 04:35 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckin4life View Post
Im not reffering to missing out in life really.

I know there are expirences there that you can get no where else.

The life that i have formed for my self is what i am reffering to, i guess im curious where things will lead...

If i join the military i wouldn't be able to find those things out.

Im not saying no to the idea right now. Still considering it, quite strongly at the moment too.
How do you figure that Don??? You don't know what the future will bring...
Old 03-11-2010, 05:41 PM

Exactly, but i have a curious mind and want to know where they go...

I like bacon.

Quote:
Old 06-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Senior User

jerg_064 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sounds like your stuck on a woman.

I joined the AF straight outta high school. Have had good and bad times, been to war twice, now married. Bout to put on Staff Sergeant in 6 weeks at only 22yrs old.

I'm not gonna stay in at the end of my term, but I wouldn't have done things any other way looking back. Even if the military life isn't one you end up liking, you can get out with a heck of a good set of skills.

If anything, it's a good expierence that will set you up for the rest of your life if you take from it what's there to be given.

And if you don't want to leave your home, there's always guard or reserve. Though you won't have nearly as good of an expierence with them, IMHO.

Old 06-11-2010, 06:01 PM
Junior User

fasttrucker01 is starting off with a positive reputation.
the military is a great way to start a life, i am only 19, i joined the Navy after high school, went to bootcamp in febuary, now i am in South Carolina for my schooling for the navy, gonna be an mm nuke, this is the best decision i have could have made, especially with the economy the way it is. Also I didnt want to go to college, theres no way of knowing if you could get a job in the field that you studied for. The with everything thats going on also, nuclear power is going to become much bigger, so if i decide to get out i can get a pretty good job, but definatly look into the military, there are many opportunities that you can get though the military. Plus you meet so many different people from all over. I wouldnt trade it
Old 06-11-2010, 06:01 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > General > The Next Generation

Tags
decision, desiocion, joining, life, military, miss, missed, worst, wrost