Price: $4500
Mileage: 148000
Color: Burgandy
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): ND
Transmission: Manual
Drivetrain: 4WD & AWD
Engine: 460/7.5L

First, I would like to declare that I am not selling this truck due to any mechanical failure or unreliability. My sole reason for the sale is that I am getting another vehicle, and this one has to go. If it were possible, I would keep this truck, it is very reliable, has given me virtually no trouble the entire time I've had it, and if necessary, I would not hesitate to drive it from coast to coast.

The truck is a '91 F-250 Lariat, 4x4 with auto hubs, has 7.5L (460 ci) motor backed by a 5 speed manual transmission with 4.10:1 axle gears, and has the extra cooling package. I've towed about 6 tons worth of trailer over the Rockies in the middle of summer, and it never showed any sign of getting right off the middle of the "normal" range. Without a load, it just barely gets INTO the "normal" range. It has cruise control, power windows, power locks, tilt and air conditioning,and two tanks, the front is 19 gallons, the rear is 17. It also has a bumper-pull hitch, it is not a receiver hitch, that is more than up to the task of towing three tons of what-ever you might have. As well, it has a goose-neck ball in the bed, and a trailer outlet as well. (I apologize for not having pictures of these items, but as you can tell from the pictures, the bed is full of snow from a recent storm.) I have installed a CD player that has a USB port and an input jack port in the front. It is iPod ready, and includes a cable for one. You may select songs from you iPod using the axillary mode, or via the unit from iPod mode. It also has BlueTooth capabilities, and I have the mike for this hooked up, and is directly over the rear-view mirror. I installed tweeter speakers on the A-pillars, and replaced the door speakers. There are two 6x9 speakers behind the seat as well. I have also installed two axillary driving lights on the grille guard that are controlled via the red toggle switch that can be seen at the left of the photo of the stereo and climate controls. The regular light/dimmer switch became wore out a couple of months after I bought the truck, and I replaced it with three toggle switches. The one closest to the parking brake (which works perfectly, rare on older Fords) controls the dome light, the one out from it controls the parking lights and the dash lights (the dash lights no longer dim), and the one where the old switch used to be controls the headlights. Within the last 1500 miles, I replaced the front brake rotors and calipers, and repacked the bearings. About 3000 miles ago (with the last oil change), I replaced all of the spark plugs and wires and air filter. Shortly after the purchase of the truck, I put true dual exhaust on with 22 inch Cherry Bomb glasspacks. It also has a fiberglass Lund cab extender. About four weeks ago, I replaced the battery with one that has 880 cold cranking amps.

This vehicle has racked up just under 148,000 miles. But as I said before, I wouldn't hesitate to drive it from coast to coast. After I bought it, I drove it back and forth to school everyday, a 25 mile round trip, for three months until i graduated. It would fire up every morning, regardless of temperature, and do the same thing after school. I worked very close to home over the summer, so rarely drove it, and it would sit for weeks at a time without being started, but whenever I would go to it, it fired right up. The same thing now, it is usually not run for up to a week at a time, in sub-zero temperatures, and fires right up, first try, every time. It has minimal rust, some at the bottom of supercab corners. I took pictures of it, and it's not bad at all. There is NO rust in the rear fenders, which is the most common place for these year-model trucks to rust out. I just purchased some new manual lock-out hubs for it, and will be installing them within a week from this posting. Also, you may notice some damage to the passenger door and that there is no Lariat grab handle on that side as well. I'm the third owner of this truck, the second was good friends with the first. The first owner was involved in a low-speed roll-over from spinning out on ice to avoid another accident. It was laid on its side at about 20 mph, all of the damage that occurred is what you see in the pictures. The truck was rolled back on all four tires and driven home.

In summary, this is a good, reliable truck, with a lot of good miles left in it.

If there is anything else you would like to know, just ask.

You may contact me at my cell: (308)-880-1226. My name is Trey. Please leave a message if I do not answer. I am available from 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. Central Time.

Old 02-23-2010, 02:18 PM
460/5
Zombie Survivalist
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
for pictures, please just ask and PM me your email address.

Old 03-02-2011, 01:43 AM
outsidelinebacker20
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still have this?

Old 03-02-2011, 07:58 PM
460/5
Zombie Survivalist
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i wish. lol. i sold it last may. but i have intentions to buy it back sometime this year. and not sell it this time...