1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Water Poblem

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 07:55 AM
Sore Knuckles
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Water Poblem

Recently spun a rod bearing and screwed up a number of things. Patched the block, had to replace piston and connecting rod. I still have a leak somewhere in the water jacket. I've got antifreeze dripping off the crankshaft. I have pulled the head and searched the motor 6 ways from Sunday. Cannot find where it is coming from. Friend told me they mfg. something called "block leak" which will stop small leaks in the block. Anyone familiar with this? Do you have a brand name?? Thanks!!!

Hump

Old 02-22-2010, 08:03 AM
sixesrock
Freshman User
No miracle cure in a can. I would get another block and use your internals but if you realy want to kw block seal. But I strongly suggest just get another block. If you put that stuff in it gets in the whole cooling system and fouls up everything from the radiator to the heater core and it don't last long

Old 02-22-2010, 09:18 AM
rtcalabrojr
Darksider

im with sixesrock swap the block, i mean you have it all apart now why not keep going and change the block. Just my .02

Old 02-25-2010, 06:44 AM
jbrittonjr
Junior User
You're probably thinking of sodium silicate:

Sodium silicate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia