1994.5 - 1997 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  

I need pcm help really technical

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Received 42 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by MADVAN
It was also something that needed to be done.
The Sheep ********?

Old 02-23-2010, 04:42 PM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Talyn
The Sheep ********?
Could beeeeee........
WOO HOO T

Bill

Old 02-23-2010, 04:43 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
BTW--Excellent, on the ranch dressing.
It was also something that needed to be done.

Bill
I had hoped that didn't go unnoticed!

Old 02-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Originally Posted by tjbeggs
I had hoped that didn't go unnoticed!
Sheep and Ranch Dressing? :P

Old 02-23-2010, 04:55 PM
tjbeggs
Post Fiend

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
eeewwww that sounds nasty! or is just ewe.......

Old 02-23-2010, 05:10 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
HAAHAHAHAHA.
he said EWE!

Old 02-23-2010, 05:11 PM
MADVAN
Postmaster
RIP.
fubar member: hotrd3g / Nick Smith (2053316)

Old 02-23-2010, 05:15 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
Bad bill,

*throws bill a red bean*

Old 02-23-2010, 05:18 PM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
.............OMG..................

Old 02-23-2010, 05:20 PM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Yea. Your right.
I feel bad for the truck though.
Its in pleasantville!

What is worse, is i would still help if he could
get the foot/head out of.
Chalk it up as truck stress.

Bill

Old 02-23-2010, 11:12 PM
hotrd3g
New User
In oem form the 97-E4 is a stronger unit than the 99-4R.

This is what i see from a keyboard.
Trans goes 20 miles has a failure.
It was able to limp home under man1.
After the man1 run it has no F and R.
"The limp home added to the failure"
Selection of man1 runs at max epc.
This was enough to engage but slip.
The unit needs to come out. Its melba T

This all stemmed from 32K on the back of the truck.
That was knocking the door of 40K total!

If changing the pcm for the 4th time makes you happy so be it.
Its your time and money. I see bad builds and troubleshooting.
Bill
I agree its fried but you forget something, all my troubleshooting info has came from you guys. I asked you guys simple questions and it seems Bill is the only one that knows what he's talking about. All the rest of you are the keyboard pirates. I hope your tranny case warps from something you didn't do.
Also Bill, how do you see bad builds? You weren't in my shop checking clearances as it went together. When you build a tranny do you use a Farrow to check your bore centers. I do. I build high speed spindles that weigh 1800 lbs and spin 20000 rpm to grind and surface steel. Ever heard of a VTL? Probably not. Its a vertical turning lathe. Only heavy industry
Uses them. What I'm getting at is around .000001 clearance. For me to do what I do for a living don't you think I would apply my knowledge of a reciprocating assembly to the build. Everything was fine for two days then I had electrical problems and lost forward gearing. That is what I needed answers to, not a place to build me one, or to learn what the laws
are for hauling, or for what trucks and trailors brakes are rated at. Now I am enjoying this, wasting my time on here. And you just read it all so where did it just get you? Lol. What a bunch of losers you are. Making assumptions and causing drama. And say its me. Again all I did was ask questions. You guys are the ones who couldn't answer them but instead talk sheeyaht.

Old 02-24-2010, 08:30 AM
Action4478
Hotshot
Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by hotrd3g
I agree its fried but you forget something, all my troubleshooting info has came from you guys. I asked you guys simple questions and it seems Bill is the only one that knows what he's talking about. All the rest of you are the keyboard pirates.
Easy there tiger , there is a great deal of knowledge here , & they were all trying to help you

I hope your tranny case warps from something you didn't do.
Also Bill, how do you see bad builds? You weren't in my shop checking clearances as it went together.
clearances & tolerances aren't all that is needed . You have to know what is acceptable & what is not , that only comes from experience

When you build a tranny do you use a Farrow to check your bore centers. I do. I build high speed spindles that weigh 1800 lbs and spin 20000 rpm to grind and surface steel. Ever heard of a VTL? Probably not. Its a vertical turning lathe. Only heavy industry
Uses them. What I'm getting at is around .000001 clearance. For me to do what I do for a living don't you think I would apply my knowledge of a reciprocating assembly to the build.

This only states your overconfidence in your own ability.

Everything was fine for two days then I had electrical problems and lost forward gearing. That is what I needed answers to, not a place to build me one, or to learn what the laws
are for hauling, or for what trucks and trailors brakes are rated at. Now I am enjoying this, wasting my time on here.
Yeah , we are too
And you just read it all so where did it just get you? Lol. What a bunch of losers you are. Careful , most of us losers belong to all the powerstroke sites

Making assumptions and causing drama. And say its me. Again all I did was ask questions. You guys are the ones who couldn't answer them but instead talk sheeyaht.

Again, careful
You obviously don't remember this :

[QUOTE ] so you were nosy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

Originally Posted by RRranch

Did the builder completely clean the system out each time. The factory cooler is nearly impossible to clean. I usually replace them. Also that model usually has two tranny coolers on it. It could just be full of trash and burning up. Did he put an inline filter on the return line from the coolers? I hope so. I've never rebuilt one where I didn't do that. It was a 5 dollar insurance policy as far as I was concerned.

Time for a new builder if you ask me. And have him start from scratch. I fired a guy at my shop that did this almost exactly the same. When I was going through his toolbox before he went out the door, he had hundreds of new transmission parts from kits he had used in the drawers. That's ne reason we had so many comebacks. Never had another one after he left.

Was he a builder before he worked for you? Maybe he has been collecting parts over the years. I don't see anything wrong with that. I have a 10000 dollar snap on box with probably 200000 dollars worth of tools. If I caught someone in my box they'd be picking up their teeth with broken fingers. That's also breaking and entering whether in your shop or not. Yes I said 200000 worth of tools. Hell I have a precision level that cost 80000. No I won't explain what I do for a living, I just wanted to finish blowing that last post out of proporsion. It didn't help. Just hit a nerve. I can't stand nosy people.

[/QUOTE]

You should try to relax , you can still get help if you get off the high horse ...

Old 02-24-2010, 08:38 AM
MADVAN
Postmaster
I agree its fried but you forget something, all my troubleshooting info has came from you guys. I asked you guys simple questions
Agree its toast.
I have asked simple questions. (no reply)(first tread)
They are used as a guide for me/you to source the failure.

Also Bill, how do you see bad builds? You weren't in my shop checking clearances as it went together.
On trans #5 in less than a month.
No i did not have to be at/in the your shop to see or check anything.
Below is enough to make my statement.

"I found the forward 6pinion planetary didn't have the inner needle bearing that sits against the sunshell gear, all the regulator valves in th accum. valvebody were stuck, and it had a ninth checkball in the case about an inch to the left of the manual valve far rear."

When you build a tranny do you use a Farrow to check your bore centers. I do. I build high speed spindles that weigh 1800 lbs and spin 20000 rpm to grind and surface steel. Ever heard of a VTL? Probably not. Its a vertical turning lathe. Only heavy industry
Uses them. What I'm getting at is around .000001 clearance. For me to do what I do for a living don't you think I would apply my knowledge of a reciprocating assembly to the build.
Unrelated and blowing smoke again.
It gets you no where

Everything was fine for two days then I had electrical problems and lost forward gearing.
What electrical problems?

That is what I needed answers to, not a place to build me one, or to learn what the laws
are for hauling, or for what trucks and trailors brakes are rated at. Now I am enjoying this, wasting my time on here. And you just read it all so where did it just get you? Lol. What a bunch of losers you are. Making assumptions and causing drama. And say its me. Again all I did was ask questions. You guys are the ones who couldn't answer them but instead talk sheeyaht.
Unrelated smoke and BS again.
Seems you like to dish it out but cannot recieve.

With trucks this old you cannot assume the trans has all stock parts or correct year core.
(6 pinion foward non stock item). You have to start with case ID and
VB ID first so you will have the correct combo of parts. This is important
for ball size and location as well as gaskets used. Do you have this info?
Using the method of install this due to this is what was removed is not going to work.
The first builder could of screwed all that up.

You have to start from square 1 to move foward.
Go assult/insult the first builder. Dont bring it here and expect anything.
As you can see its more than remove and replace parts to build a E4

Question
The trans passed an air test of the center support before the VB's were installed?

Bill

Old 02-24-2010, 09:02 AM
MADVAN
Postmaster
Rick/TJ

OP stated this in the other tread and here.

"and it had a ninth checkball in the case about an inch to the left of the manual valve far rear."

I see this as a problem on what the OP decided to do.

Sounds like he jumped on the first builder as if it was a mistake and he was an ****. (9th ball)
It may or may not be case depending on the build parts used.

Bill

Old 02-24-2010, 11:24 PM
Talyn
Hotshot
I'm amused he decided to insult 3 of the most knowledgeable people on FTE.

Thats pretty Brave.

200k in snap on gear, thats a tool box and a few wrenches, not impressed.
hahahahaha.

While I love my snap on tools. I'd rather go by the 10 dollar wrench with lifetime warranty than the 80 dollar snap on equivalent.
Couple that formula with a few sockets, some wrenches and screw drivers and a tool box, a 3k set of tools will cost you around 30k+ with snap on.
I know for a fact they are not cheep. I looked at their tool boxes for myself when I went to get one, i wasn't dropping 15k on a tool box, and that was with my discount at snap on. (Which you don't get, neener neener)

Quick Reply: I need pcm help really technical