Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Super Duty & Heavy Duty 1999 to current Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines SPONSORED BY:

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-20-2012, 08:03 AM
Elder User

Iaff113 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I found mine today in my 06 F350, Once I removed the storage bins as shown in pic below all I had to do was move the first white piece of fabric, then look up behind the radio. Their was another piece of fabric I pushed aside, I found the module and the code was right on the side.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 04-10-2013, 03:24 PM
New User

z01tde is starting off with a positive reputation.
Found it!

Thanks genegladden for the detailed pics to find the code. I found mine after looking at your post. I just bought my used 2008 F250 and wasn't given the code. This site is very helpful for finding just about any info you may be looking for concerning your truck.
Old 01-25-2014, 11:50 PM
New User

toolguy1964 is starting off with a positive reputation.
genegladden; you the man!! Exactly where it was on my truck.
Thanks!
Old 03-05-2014, 03:30 PM
New User

tonychico11 is starting off with a positive reputation.
2008 sd keyless entry code

Your post was real usefull found the code in 10 mins thanks!!
Old 04-22-2014, 05:56 PM
New User

gkhatta is starting off with a positive reputation.
2008 sd keyless entry code

Thanks, Exactly where it was on my F350 XLT
Old 07-27-2014, 02:06 PM
New User

VictoryRider9 is starting off with a positive reputation.
THANKS!

I just want to say thanks. I bought an '09 F-250 FX4 yesterday to replace my '05 F-150 FX4 and it had no manuals or card. My wife found this thread and the '09 location for code is the same as the '08. Thanks again estan1965 and genegladden.
Old 07-27-2014, 03:32 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
VictoryRider9,
Welcome to FTE .
Glad you found an answer to the problem.

You will find a lot of very good and useful things
here and if you look under the engine type for you
truck at the top of that forum page you will see a Tech Folder
In there you will find even more goodies to help keep
things going smooth and if you ever a problem lots of help things.

Also in this section there is a "New Member" Thread where you can introduce your self.
You can use this link or get there from the main page of this part of FTE.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/78...questions.html

Sean Click the image to open in full size.
6.0l Forum Map : Ask me About It
Old 07-30-2014, 03:24 PM
New User

kevgrn114 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hey there, new to the group.. I've had my truck since Sep of 13, had 136k miles when i bought it..

Vehicle: 2006 Ford F-350 Super Duty
Category: Not Selected
Sub-Category: Not Selected
Drive Type: RWD
Transmission Type: Transmission 5-Automatic(5R110W)
Engine Base: 6.0L - 8Cyl
Sub Model: Lariat

My truck was broken into and my radio was ripped out.. I have the dash apart now installing a new radio.. I'm also looking for the elusive code on the RAP module for the door locks. I'm pretty sure it just aint there..

I'm assuming i have to get robbed by the dealer now to pull it..
Old 07-30-2014, 03:44 PM
Post Fiend

Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.Yahiko has a spectacular reputation.
Looks like I may be the welcome wagon.

Welcome to FTE Kevgrn114

Come on over to 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums
You can find more about the 6.0 there and other things

Did you find the VSM? That sticker was removed around
the 2007 year I think. But you need to look on both sides
of the module.

If you know someone that has one of the better scan tools
they might be able to read the code. Also if you know someone
that has access to a Ford VCM with IDS software they can read it.
I got lucky with mine and the card was still in the owners manual
that luckily was still in the truck after 145K miles.

Old 07-30-2014, 03:49 PM
New User

Hey there..I'll check out the 6.0 area.. no luck on the sticker but i did just get a new code reader that does more than the old one that was also stolen from the truck.. i'll see what it tells me.. no decal for me though.. I've looked all over!! :-)
Old 07-30-2014, 03:53 PM
Post Fiend

The VSM may of been replaced somewhere
along the line after the truck went into service.

Also if you get to know some of the people near you they may
be able to help. Check with your local FTE chapter.

Old 07-30-2014, 06:07 PM
New User

HEY I FOUND IT!!!!!!

It is WAY back in there.. and the decal is facing up. The radio is already out and the dash is off. I had to remove another black box that sits behind the radio, the the VCM was behind that.. I had to reach up through the storage bin to push up on the white insulation and a conduit hose, then with the other hand stick my iPhone up in there and start taking a bunch of pics until i captured the far back corner of the decal and could just make out the numbers! :-) man what an ordeal.. If I didn't already have the dash ripped apart it would have been horrific! :-) I can now push buttons to open the door.. Hmm, sounds mundane when I put it that way..:-)
Old 07-30-2014, 06:07 PM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > Super Duty & Heavy Duty

Tags
150, 2007, 2008, code, computer, computor, entry, f150, f250, f350, f550, ford, keyless, location, module, rap, system