Notices
1987 - 1996 F150 & Larger F-Series Trucks 1987 - 1996 Ford F-150, F-250, F-350 and larger pickups - including the 1997 heavy-duty F250/F350+ trucks
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What y'all think about this bumper on my F150?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:55 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
What y'all think about this bumper on my F150?

hey guys. just wondering y'alls thoughts on this bumper. i like the bumper A LOT. my question, do y'all think it would be too heavy?? i doubt it b/c the heaviest they get is 250lbs and thats with a light bar and all that stuff added to it. i would be buying a DIY kit so it comes in pieces and i would weld it together myself.

Here is a pic of the bumper mounted on a truck.

Now here is a pic so you can see how thick the steel is. not too thick.

Now here is my truck. it is all torn apart in the pic, but made some progress on it today and it will have either a 4" or 6" lift on it when i get it driving so keep that in mind with this bumper.

Old 02-18-2010, 10:59 PM
Hitokori
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i think its kick ***... where r u buying it and no it isnt to heavy

Old 02-18-2010, 11:18 PM
zxwut?
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It'd be fine.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:28 AM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Hitokori
i think its kick ***... where r u buying it and no it isnt to heavy
only place i know of thats carrying them is a place called Complete Performance. they are a fairly new company, but they can get some decent stuff. the best thing about this bumper option is that it will only cost around $725 shipped for winch mounting cutouts and off road light holes. you can also get a pre runner along with it if you wanna drop a little more coin you can get a pre runner as well to add onto it which will bring costs up to around $855 shipped. here is a pic with the pre runner. thinking about getting the pre runner setup as well.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:05 AM
LCAM-01XA
Postmaster
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do get the pre-runner setup, or some other sort of a grill guard, as they can do rather good against deer should you ever hit one.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:51 AM
TexasGuy001
Hotshot
Received 205 Likes on 165 Posts
Honestly, I don't like those bumpers. I like Ranch Hand better, if you need or want a big bumper. Personally, I like the stock bumper best.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:00 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by TexasGuy001
Honestly, I don't like those bumpers. I like Ranch Hand better, if you need or want a big bumper. Personally, I like the stock bumper best.
i like the ranch hands a lot as well and i like the stock bumper as well, but there is just one problem. i have hit 8 or 9 deer with stock bumpers on my F-250 and they don't hold up too well. they do better than the stock dodge or chevy bumpers do, but they do crater pretty good. my F-150 will see trail use so the winch mount will be nice and i think a full replacement ranch hand might be quite heavy for it. i despise the bolt on grille guards b/c they just give whatever you hit more leverage to screw up the bumper and more surface area that hits your grill and hood if you hit something. its getting hard to find Ranch hands for these as well. the ones i have found are all screwed up. a new one is over $1000 too.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:25 PM
quicklook2
Post Fiend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
looks "mad max-ish".

if you like it then what else matters?

Old 02-19-2010, 12:30 PM
zottyzot
Junior User
Looks BA w/ the prerunner. Just make sure the rest of the truck looks as big, if ya know what I mean.

Old 02-19-2010, 12:38 PM
DynaMow
Freshman User
Originally Posted by strokin'_tatsch
only place i know of thats carrying them is a place called Complete Performance. they are a fairly new company, but they can get some decent stuff. the best thing about this bumper option is that it will only cost around $725 shipped for winch mounting cutouts and off road light holes. you can also get a pre runner along with it if you wanna drop a little more coin you can get a pre runner as well to add onto it which will bring costs up to around $855 shipped. here is a pic with the pre runner. thinking about getting the pre runner setup as well.

I HATE THAT BUMPER!!!!!

I tell ya what, send that thing to me right away and I will send you a stock gray colored, few scratches (nottin a little paint wont take care of). I will even pay for the shipping.

I have notified UPS of the pick up, they will be at your place this afternoon for it.

Your welcome!!!

Old 02-19-2010, 01:00 PM
BCHauler
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I like the first one alot. Not a big fan of the prerunner bumpers but like the other one alot. My personal fav is a towtruck bumper. The straight flat ones. Terrible for aerodynamics but look good imho.

Old 02-19-2010, 01:25 PM
Hitokori
Posting Guru
lol omg look at the haters.... i think ill get one and put on my 2wd and lower it to where the frame drags HAHAHA j/k but if i keep my truck i want one on it

Old 02-19-2010, 05:47 PM
pacrewchief
Senior User
If you could tell me how to post a picture on this site I will show what the bumper I made looks like. It may give you an idea. Thanks!

Old 02-19-2010, 06:10 PM
strokin'_tatsch
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by pacrewchief
If you could tell me how to post a picture on this site I will show what the bumper I made looks like. It may give you an idea. Thanks!
go to your profile, go to albums, then download the pic to an album. then from there you can go to the pic in the album and under the pic there will be 2 links there. take the bottom link, highlight it, copy then paste that code in a reply here and it will post the pic.

Originally Posted by DynaMow
I HATE THAT BUMPER!!!!!

I tell ya what, send that thing to me right away and I will send you a stock gray colored, few scratches (nottin a little paint wont take care of). I will even pay for the shipping.

I have notified UPS of the pick up, they will be at your place this afternoon for it.

Your welcome!!!
thank you very much!!! i just spoke with UPS and they said to make sure you know that it will cost $900 to ship from here to you. LOL

Old 02-19-2010, 06:10 PM
Diesel_Brad
Fleet Owner
Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts
I think that is going to be ALOT of weight on a F150 front suspension. Especially that far out front

Quick Reply: What y'all think about this bumper on my F150?