Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Regional Chapters > Mid-Atlantic Region > Maryland Chapter
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Maryland Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: jr32560

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2010, 10:59 AM
Senior User

Erik17 is starting off with a positive reputation.
MEET?

Is there another meet coming up? I know there was talk of once a month or so but haven't read anything about it.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:45 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
No one volunteered to host it.....

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 02-18-2010, 08:07 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
Meat I eat it quite frequently
member of the Boy you ain't Right club #4
President of the crap shooters club
Join the Maryland Chapter click HERE
Old 02-18-2010, 08:10 PM
Back... By popular demand

Arlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to behold
www.facebook.com/djarlene
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr32560 View Post
Meat I eat it quite frequently
I swear, Jr...

Probably wrong thread, but you can move if ya want... has anybody eaten at the Red, Hot & Blue BBQ place near the bridge lately? I ride by it a lot, but haven't eaten there since '96. Any feedback?
Living the life you only wish you had.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:11 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

jr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to beholdjr32560 is a splendid one to behold
I think the blizzards kinda threw a damper on the February meet Erick
we were so busy shoveling shnow -and shtuff we figured most guys would get stuck on a shnow flake and not show
we will do better in march buddy! my birthday month PARTY HARDY!!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 08:14 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arlene View Post
I swear, Jr...

Probably wrong thread, but you can move if ya want... has anybody eaten at the Red, Hot & Blue BBQ place near the bridge lately? I ride by it a lot, but haven't eaten there since '96. Any feedback?
had one down here and they closed up was gonna ask about a club preferred discount and try to work a deal --they did have a few around the state -guess they are failing like other businesses friggin economy
Old 02-18-2010, 08:18 PM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Erik, what I mean here is..... we now have a lot of members....and as the Chapter is NOT run by 1 or 2 people (even tho it seems that way), we need to start helping the Chapter with the Meets and whatever we want to do. If you (or anyone else) wants to have a meet ever month, please speak up and make a suggestion for YOUR area. Make the decision to have it at (wherever) and grab the bull by the horns and say you WANT the meet at such-and such a place.

If you guys start doing that, we could have a lot of fun....and then MORE people would volunteer to pick a place or a spot. If it is in your place, it really isn't difficult to call the place and let then know that X # of people are showing up on such and such a time/date.

I KNOW you guys want to go to meets (dinners - picnics - auto shows - etc.)..... well step up and make it happen. I know Jr gets tired of asking and everyone expecting someone else to make the decision....well guys, we need help. I know I'm tired of making the decision..... HELP!

Old 02-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Back... By popular demand

Arlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to beholdArlene is a splendid one to behold
www.facebook.com/djarlene
Quote:
Originally Posted by jr32560 View Post
had one down here and they closed up was gonna ask about a club preferred discount and try to work a deal --they did have a few around the state -guess they are failing like other businesses friggin economy
Well, they seem to be busy everytime I ride by, and they've been there this long - may have to stop in to see if it's still any good.
Living the life you only wish you had.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Posting Legend

I have eaten there....(In the last year). had Penny and daughter, son-in-law and grandson. Everyone said they wanted to go back.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:33 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
I have eaten there....(In the last year). had Penny and daughter, son-in-law and grandson. Everyone said they wanted to go back.
yeah it sucks the one down here had good food! and good service
and now it's gone
Old 02-18-2010, 08:41 PM
Senior User

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPofMD View Post
Erik, what I mean here is..... we now have a lot of members....and as the Chapter is NOT run by 1 or 2 people (even tho it seems that way), we need to start helping the Chapter with the Meets and whatever we want to do. If you'd (or anyone else) wants to have a meet ever month, please speak up and make a suggestion for YOUR area. Make the decision to have it at (wherever) and grab the bull by the horns and say you WANT the meet at such-and such a place.

If you guys start doing that, we could have a lot of fun....and then MORE people would volunteer to pick a place or a spot. If it is in your place, it really isn't difficult to call the place and let then know that X # of people are showing up on such and such a time/date.

I KNOW you guys want to go to meets (dinners - picnics - auto shows - etc.)..... well step up and make it happen. I know Jr gets tired of asking and everyone expecting someone else to make the decision....well guys, we need help. I know I'm tired of making the decision..... HELP!
Well thats all fine and dandy but I dont want someone getting upset like I am stepping on someones toes. I will think of something and post. If you cant make it, you cant make it.

I thought at the last meeting we discussed having it in different parts of the stat to accomidate people that didnt live in the area which we had the last meeting. Arundel mills is in my back yard so I am sure we dont want to have another here. If we do then thats fine with me also.

If you need help, ask. I am more then willing to help out any way i can.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:42 PM
Posting Legend

Erik...that post wasn't just to you! Sorry, I didn't mean to make it sound that way....Just trying to use your post as a way of pleading for help! From everyone!

Old 02-18-2010, 08:45 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik17 View Post
Well thats all fine and dandy but I dont want someone getting upset like I am stepping on someones toes. I will think of something and post. If you cant make it, you cant make it.

I thought at the last meeting we discussed having it in different parts of the stat to accomidate people that didnt live in the area which we had the last meeting. Arundel mills is in my back yard so I am sure we dont want to have another here. If we do then thats fine with me also.

If you need help, ask. I am more then willing to help out any way i can.
hey Erik that is all we are asking from the members club participation
good to have the meets around different spots so all members can have a short trip to them-just a thought-of mine dumb or not -just a crazy idea
Old 02-18-2010, 08:52 PM
Senior User

thats fine..that is why i was asking.... I dont know of anywhere but around AA County. I figured we could have one around the Frederick area for the guys in western maryland or somewhere in southern Md for Jr and some others down there. The problem being, I dont know the area to say "hey, lets meet here". Guess i could look in a phone book or something. I understand where youre coming from cause I'm sure youre in the same boat as me.

Is there area leaders or something? Something where we would rely on them to set up the meet. Say cut the state into 4 quarters and rotate months so it wouldnt be 1 or 2 people setting these things up. Just a thought
Old 02-18-2010, 08:56 PM
Posting Legend

Yes, I do believe that Jr did set some people up as Area Reps or whatever they are called.....In fact, I think they are designated in the MAP up top.

Old 02-18-2010, 08:56 PM