Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Marketplace > Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Vendor Specials, Discounts, Product Announcements & Group Buys This is the place to check out offers from FTE sponsors. Non-sponsor vendors may not post here.

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

View Poll Results: Have you tried Fluid Film?
Yes, and it's the best stuff on the market. 21 30.43%
Yes, and I now purchase after trying the sample. 12 17.39%
I got a sample but haven't tried it yet. 3 4.35%
I tried it and wasn't that impressed. 1 1.45%
What the heck is Fluid Film? 32 46.38%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Former Vendor

DanoFF50 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Have you tried Fluid Film?

It's feedback time! If you could take a second and let us know what you think, it would help us out a lot.
Old 03-09-2010, 04:47 PM
Junior User

Blind1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dan, I got the free sample the other week from you and I finally got to use it on my rusty ATV and utility trailer, and there is no doubt I will be stopping by the local John Deere store to pick up some more. It will be nice when you folks are able to convince a major chain to start carrying your product.
Old 03-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Posting Legend

BPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputationBPofMD has a superb reputation
Sample was used up last weekend....ordered two (2) new cans and awaiting delivery! This stuff is amazing....I have a large rotating compost drum and this sucker has squeaked like crazy almost since the day I got it....all the neighbors knew when I turned the compost! I tried all different kinds of lube on the rollers and bearings... nothing would stop it from squeaking for more than a few days.

Got my free sample of Fluid Film and the first place I headed for was the compost drum! This was late in the fall (2009)..... This thing hasn't squeaked at me since....and even tho the composter was almost buried in snow from our record blizzards in Feb.,when I finally got to go out to it again....still is quiet!!

Use it on almost everything now....anytime I put a new nut or bolt on ANYTHING outside, it get a dose of Fluid Film! No more rust!

2007 Arctic Fox 30' Fifth Wheel
2012 VW Passat SE TDI - SG-II (An ALL-DIESEL family)
Old 03-10-2010, 07:45 PM
FTE Chapter Leader

rockin300 has much to be proud ofrockin300 has much to be proud ofrockin300 has much to be proud ofrockin300 has much to be proud ofrockin300 has much to be proud ofrockin300 has much to be proud ofrockin300 has much to be proud ofrockin300 has much to be proud ofrockin300 has much to be proud of
NickThomas1989
Put it on my truck wheel wells and the snow would slide off
1994 red/grey F150 XLT 4X4 300i6, 1993 black/red f150 extended cab xlt 4x4 5.0 long tube headers accel ignition system K&N filter true dual exhaust with cherry bombs ,Nick Thomas /Wisconsin Chapter Leader, Offical FTE Big BSer#1
Old 03-11-2010, 05:00 PM
Post Fiend

bashby has a great reputation on FTE.bashby has a great reputation on FTE.bashby has a great reputation on FTE.bashby has a great reputation on FTE.bashby has a great reputation on FTE.
I just sprayed down the snow blower for storage... If you havent tried the stuff you should. Dano was giving free samples if you PM him (probably still is).
Old 03-14-2010, 09:41 PM
Post Fiend

F350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputationF350-6 has a superb reputation
Had never heard of the stuff before my free sample. Now I plan on always keeping a can handy. Thanks for the free sample.

“Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.” Will Rogers<a href=http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic401102_1.gif target=_blank>http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/si...ic401102_1.gif </a>
Old 03-15-2010, 11:38 AM
Former Vendor

Thanks for the feedback!
Old 03-30-2010, 12:18 AM
Junior User

TC-Countryboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks Dan,
I have to say it seems to be some pretty good stuff. After getting the free sample, I took a piece of steel and sanded it down to bare clean metal and applied Fluid Film and two other anti corrosive products to it and stuck it outside. Well Fluid Film held up the longest before any rust started to appear. Used it this past weekend to free up and coat a sticking door catch on the truck and have been using it on anything I want to spin freely. Now I just have to find where I can buy it in my area so I can get some more.

TC
Old 03-30-2010, 12:26 PM
Former Vendor

The easiest way to find your closest retailer is by visiting our website at Fluid Film® | Corrosion Preventative, Lubricant and Rust Inhibitor and clicking on Purchase. We have a dealer locator in that section where you can search by zip code.
Old 03-30-2010, 11:12 PM
Junior User

TC-Countryboy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Dan,
Thanks again, the locator shows the local JD dealer, however, they have changed owners, but I will check to see if the new owners carry it. The locator gives the old dealership name, Emerick Brothers Inc, 12047 Route 37 N, Benton, IL 62812, but the new owners is McLean.

Thanks,
TC

</TD></TR><TR valign="top"><TD width="250">
Old 03-31-2010, 11:07 AM
Former Vendor

Duly noted. I'll look them up and make sure they are still purchasing and change the name on the locator. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 04-02-2010, 08:02 PM
Posting Guru

sandmanf250 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
works real good at waterproofing my work and hunting boots and i also spray the snowblower,rototiller and all the seasonal stuff with it.works good on doors that stick.i haven't tried spraying my chicken afore i grill it but i might. fine product.and the dorset ram next door thinks i'm his wife.really it's a very usable product. i bought a case.
Old 04-04-2010, 07:24 PM
Non-smoker

7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future7.3 Rocket has a brilliant future
I'm a big believer in Fluid Film. There really isn't much I won't use it on. I've got a couple cans on my toolbox and a can in my truck.
-Pete, PAA member #84
Old 04-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Freshman User

MaszExpy is starting off with a positive reputation.
I just picked 4 cans at the local CAT dealer. I've started doing my Expy and can see I'll need more. So far, I like the stuff.

I was going to have it undercoated locally, but for what the shops want to charge, I can buy a couple gallons of FF, buy an air compressor and gun and do it myself for a little more than half of what the locals want for the same job. Then I'll still have the air compressor to use for re-applications and other projects.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 AM
Freshman User

MaszExpy is starting off with a positive reputation.
ANother believer here. I just picked 4 cans to start on my Expy. I was going to have a local rustproofing company do it, but for what they were charging, I can BUY a compressor, sprayer and all the FF I'd need for a little more than half of what they were charging. After the job, I'll still have the compressor and sprayer for other jobs.

I also sprayed the derailleurs of my kids bikes which tend to develop rust as I live about 1/4 mile from the beach. I can also see alot of uses for inhibiting salt corrosion on the exterior of my home (fixtures, door locks).

I'll have to take some to the local hardware store and recommend they pick up the stuff. Corrosion is a real biotch where I live.

Since 4 cans aren't enough for the entire vehicle, I ordered a gallon which should be enough to finish the job.

The smell reminds me of my bro-in-law's sheep farm, but it goes away in a day.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:58 AM