Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Moser

What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 04:31 PM
Maverick1978
More Turbo
Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
theres a lotta stuff i need to do. just cant get it done all in one day. like goin to get a parts truck, put a new bed on mine, welding in cab corners, lower door skins and floor pans, bed floor panels and fender wells when i get the bed, and doing my brakes and lights

Old 02-05-2011, 05:36 PM
HIO Silver
Post Fiend
Received 58 Likes on 48 Posts
Yesterday I fabbed up two billiard ball shift ***** and also posted the "How To" on FTE.

Today, took advantage of the 72-degree weather and wired up three relays to power the driving lights and auxiliary back-up lights. 'Grabbed a terminal post from the rotting carcass of a GM F-body and installed it as a remote power feed (separate from the battery) for the accessories I'm installing. 'Still need to run the signal lines from a custom-fabbed switch panel and then tap into the fuse box.

Things I found today.. 1) missing the nuts on two bed bolts... thanks PO you effin' hack...NOW I know where the dang rattles is coming from!!!. 2) I removed the headliner a couple of weeks ago and today noticed a broken weld on the roof's crossmember. Darn it.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:13 PM
2leadfeet
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What'd I do today? Installed a 12v outlet...Got the right front turn signal to work, but lost dash lights..Thinking I gotta take out the stereo and reinstall it because I think someone fubar'd the wiring.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Alex from GA
Fleet Mechanic
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Looked at the leaves in the bed in preparation to remove them in the near future.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:02 PM
Maverick1978
More Turbo
yeah my radio's messed up too. my buddy had it in his 79 F-150 hooked to 3 12" speakers. and i hooked it up to my door speakers and it wasnt working. so i rewired it a while back and it still aint workin. guess i gotta go get the speakers from his old truck soon too.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:20 PM
mizsignals
Senior User
lets see, the past few days i have pulled off the old rusty dented rear bumper, cleaned up the engine compartment and painted some parts to match the engine, and today i pulled out the P.O sorry excuse for an exhuast system. i will say it had 2 flowmaster 50 series on it but i am gonna throw on some glass packs with all new pipes. man this summer is gonna be great! Just Me, My ford,some parts, some tools, some tunes,and some beer!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:35 PM
piratius
Tuned
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Maverick1978
yeah my radio's messed up too. my buddy had it in his 79 F-150 hooked to 3 12" speakers. and i hooked it up to my door speakers and it wasnt working. so i rewired it a while back and it still aint workin. guess i gotta go get the speakers from his old truck soon too.
I hear that. The P.O. of my truck hacked the hell out of all the wiring behind the dash. His idea of "safe" electrical work was to strip a little insulation from the middle of one wire, wrap the end of the wire being spliced in around the first wire, and then put a little electrical tape on it. First thing I did when I realized what was going on was to go through the dash and un-hook everything he'd hacked into place and try to repair the "customized" sections with shrink tube, tape, and connectors.

I wish my radio worked, but everything related to it has been disconnected for fear it would make the truck catch fire (it's that bad). It's also low on the priority list of projects compared to fixing the mechanical issues the truck has.

Old 02-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Maverick1978
More Turbo
Originally Posted by piratius
I hear that. The P.O. of my truck hacked the hell out of all the wiring behind the dash. His idea of "safe" electrical work was to strip a little insulation from the middle of one wire, wrap the end of the wire being spliced in around the first wire, and then put a little electrical tape on it. First thing I did when I realized what was going on was to go through the dash and un-hook everything he'd hacked into place and try to repair the "customized" sections with shrink tube, tape, and connectors.

I wish my radio worked, but everything related to it has been disconnected for fear it would make the truck catch fire (it's that bad). It's also low on the priority list of projects compared to fixing the mechanical issues the truck has.
wow. thats scary.i "accidentally" grounded my original radio out. or the one i had in the truck when i bought it. well, grandparents bought for me. i was tryin to re-wire my door speaker and forgot to cut the key off so the wires arced off and now it dont work. so i got one off my buddys truck and wired it up and my door speakers wont work.. so yeah its all sorts of messed up. cant wait to get my new speakers. ive looked for wiring harnesses for dentsides and they dont have em where i looked. (the local wally world) and a new cd player radio wont fit cause of the faceplate ya know. so i guess were S.O.L.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:35 AM
Shooter00
Senior User
Just ordered a new old school radio for the pickup; USA-230 from Vintage Car Radio .com and now am shopping for speakers. Maybe the Alpine S series 6 1/2"?? Any suggestions?

Old 02-06-2011, 11:36 AM
Maverick1978
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Shooter00
Just ordered a new old school radio for the pickup; USA-230 from Vintage Car Radio .com and now am shopping for speakers. Maybe the Alpine S series 6 1/2"?? Any suggestions?
after i eat lunch i think im gonna finish bolting my seat up. i put carpet from an 89 f-150 in it last weekend. how much was your radio? i paid $100 for mine but it came with headlights and a grille. i dont know what brand they are, i think theyre pioneer though. theyre 12" speakers and my buddy wired them up and put them behind the seat in his truck. overall it sounded really good

Old 02-06-2011, 12:59 PM
peganit2
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've thought about what I'm gonna do to it when the snow clears around here.

First things first, get my 460 block to the machine shop to be decked. Happening soon. Then buy a proper valve spring compressor, take my D3s apart and do a Re-in-Carnation instructed port job on them. Then put it all back together!

Old 02-06-2011, 03:41 PM
Circa Bellum
Junior User
Removed those ugly running boards

and cleaned up and repainted the jack handle...

Old 02-06-2011, 04:00 PM
Aussie_F_trucker
Elder User
Today I looked out the window at my truck, dreading this weekend because I gotts replace the clutch.

Old 02-06-2011, 04:11 PM
Maverick1978
More Turbo
thats pretty rough

Old 02-06-2011, 07:53 PM
OrFordGuy
Elder User
just collectin parts and negotiating on others....everytime i go to our yard were my trucks are stashed i sit and droool about what they';ll be when there painted and overhauled....may have scored a full width dana 70 dually with all 6 16" rims off an old grumman van for 200 bucks...

Quick Reply: What Have YOU Done To Your Truck Today?