Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 5.0L Coyote
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

5.0L Coyote 5.0l Ford OHC Coyote engine for 2011+

Welcome to Ford-Trucks Forums!
Welcome to Ford-Trucks.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Ford-Trucks Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Postmaster

Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.Fordfanatic4life has a very good reputation on FTE.
not truck related, but certainly 5.0 worthy.

2011 Shelby GT350 Ford Mustang Video

if this doesnt get your blood pumping, you better check for a pulse..

hi-lite of the video is about 6mins in.. i wont say what it is, but its classic Shelby throu and throu.

if money were no object i'd own this car in less then a nano-second

"list of previous owned Fords much to long to list here.."
Old 02-17-2010, 01:31 PM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
Note 1: The car is fantastic

Note 2: Carroll Shelby is a real marketeer of himself- even if it means telling a few mis-truths! Before going to Ford with his idea of stuffing a SB in an AC, he 1st went to Chrysler which already had a BB stuffed into a "Sunbeam-like" car- can't rememeber the name of it- it was from Europe and they stooped it's production before the 1st Cobra even was built. Anyway, Chrysler would not even entertain the discussion. Then he went to Gm who he had a previous relationship with (and purpordildy poor)- and was turned down flat. Then he went to Ford who was finacially in trouble and Iacocca wanted a power player car as he strongly believed in the Win on Sunday Sell on Monday. Shebly's race cars themselves although fast, Ford's own Holman-Moody team with the same cars were blowing the Shelby's off the track during testing and as a result of Shelby's whinning, Ford exec's directed Holman-Moody that if they were in a race with Shelby's cars, they were not to pass those drivers.

Shelby's business ethics throughout the years have always brought up questions ranging from questionable bills to Borg Warner (internet published statements from former employees) to strained relationships with Ford that eventually brought a Ford exec to Shelby's shop at LAX to physically work with the crew to show them how to mass produce (so to speak) the cars and eventually before the Shelby run expired, the production of the Shelby cars was transferred to another specialty builder in Detroit.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:33 PM
Post Fiend

85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation85e150six4mtod has a superb reputation
You've got it backwards regarding the Sunbeam Tiger. It was Ford powered to begin with. The 260 was used. When Chrysler bought the Rootes Group, which included Sunbeam, they tried to put the 273 in it. I remember seeing ads about that. But it wouldn't fit, so I've read, and it went on to see the 289 even though Chrysler was the parent.

TigersUnited.com

car3
Old 02-18-2010, 10:07 AM

Beechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to beholdBeechkid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by 85e150six4mtod View Post
You've got it backwards regarding the Sunbeam Tiger. It was Ford powered to begin with. The 260 was used. When Chrysler bought the Rootes Group, which included Sunbeam, they tried to put the 273 in it. I remember seeing ads about that. But it wouldn't fit, so I've read, and it went on to see the 289 even though Chrysler was the parent.

TigersUnited.com

car3
You're right with the Sunbeam Tiger (I just meant to use it as an example of the car that chrysler used). Chrysler did eventually stuff a 426 hemi in that guy but it was a dealer that was doing the work (IIRR) and the car was sooo unstable in handling that it just was not marketable!

But you are right!!!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:07 AM

Go Back   Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Performance, Engines & Troubleshooting > 5.0L Coyote

Tags
business, coyote, engine, ethics, ford, powered, vbulletin